The Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball (OCC) (Taking New Submissions)

Started by Cogidubnus, July 16, 2008, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'ya feel lucky?

Heart of the Earth
7 (43.8%)
The End of the World
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

techmaster-glitch

I give much props to you, Boogeyman. Jeremiah's reaction to Karazkt made my day today :3

And btw llearch, in the quick description of Karazkt in the RP index, you have him described as a worker. That's supposed to be engineer, I think :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Out of curiosity, what's "Seporations", Boog? I can't seem to find it in a dictionary...or do you mean "separations"?

On another note, further high-fives to you. The reactions you have for Jeremiah are putting many smiles on my face :)

EDIT: BTW, Cog, could you put a link to llearch's char index in the first OOC post? :3

Azlan

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on September 09, 2008, 08:33:23 PM
...know that the hotel had a security force capable of handling anything up to and including fae.

Bwaahhahaha, that's a good one.  I haven't met anything like that yet, unless the hotel employs Wildy.

Seriously though, before another person buries me for Kiet's eccentricities... Anyone actually professional and experienced in fighting, specifically creature combat techniques would be able to tell that Kiet's signals were all wrong, no power increase, his actions were readable and his tail was all fluffy and poofy.  If the security is really that good, they should be shaking their heads and laughing at the clownish tomfoolery.  They would definitely keep an eye on him, after all I could be baiting them into thinking he's just a clown.

In my ideal world, if they knew who he was, they'd fear any action like that he took and they'd send a "name level" guy to do that whole macho think to make sure we're all cool together... as no one wants to face the other.  I know that's not going to happen... that would be so cliche :P

If I had been Ink playing Dr. Ink, it would have been a good laugh and the replies would have gone down differently.  ;)   
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Cogidubnus

Be that as it may, as a more OOC comment, and as I can only reply to what your post states - I can only point out that your own post said:
QuoteHe moved quickly, maneuvers that would scream aggressive deadly action, but stopped short of delivering a fatal blow.  Instead he held out a simple lollipop, a pink confection that smelled strongly of musk.

I read 'maneuvers that would scream aggressive deadly action', and assumed that this was truly the case.

Even done in jest, the security is black-suited and very humorless. If it had been Ink playing Dr. Ink, I imagine that the reaction would have been much the same - threatening action is in every case threatening action.

I wouldn't say people are coming down on your for his eccentricities so far. I like Kiet. I think he's going to be a lot of fun.  >:3 - but I did wish to point out that, in this crowd of nobles, Kings, and dignitaries, even acting like you're going to kill someone is something that would be taken seriously.
One might consider the reaction one would get from reaching into your jacket violently in front of the President of the United States. The Secret Service would not be amused.

Azlan

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 10, 2008, 12:38:18 AM
Be that as it may, as a more OOC comment, and as I can only reply to what your post states - I can only point out that your own post said:
QuoteHe moved quickly, maneuvers that would scream aggressive deadly action, but stopped short of delivering a fatal blow.  Instead he held out a simple lollipop, a pink confection that smelled strongly of musk.

I read 'maneuvers that would scream aggressive deadly action', and assumed that this was truly the case.

Well, I did that slightly on purpose to see what reactions I would get.  But truly I wrote that to an untrained audience specifically the poor fellow in front, I just entirely forgot to follow up with anyone with my bit about it being obvious to the trained.  Somehow I thought I had sent that off in PM, but I guess not... I hope I didn't accidentally write an email to my support engineers.  They will really think I'm odd.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 10, 2008, 12:38:18 AM
Even done in jest, the security is black-suited and very humorless. If it had been Ink playing Dr. Ink, I imagine that the reaction would have been much the same - threatening action is in every case threatening action.

I wouldn't say people are coming down on your for his eccentricities so far. I like Kiet. I think he's going to be a lot of fun.  >:3 - but I did wish to point out that, in this crowd of nobles, Kings, and dignitaries, even acting like you're going to kill someone is something that would be taken seriously.
One might consider the reaction one would get from reaching into your jacket violently in front of the President of the United States. The Secret Service would not be amused.

I know, I like those kind of reactions (and I wanted those kind of reactions)... well, not in this political climate... but normally its fun to play, not fun to do.

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

"And if I was to say it was a whim? Would you refuse me?" her voice still held the same sweet tones as before, but there was a distant note of displeasure in it now. "Let me rephrase, Emissary of Kithara."

"Of course not. Your whim is a perfectly valid reason; after all, you decided to pay for it. If, on the other hand, there is a long standing feud between you, the target will be more aware, and hence harder to... target. I'd hate to miss. As for how and when? Some clients have preferences for these things. It pays to ask..."

*cough* Not that I'm suggesting anything of the sort.

... I liked the choice of targets, as well. Well, not liked. Appreciated the irony thereof, you might say.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2008, 04:12:37 AM
"And if I was to say it was a whim? Would you refuse me?" her voice still held the same sweet tones as before, but there was a distant note of displeasure in it now. "Let me rephrase, Emissary of Kithara."

"Of course not. Your whim is a perfectly valid reason; after all, you decided to pay for it. If, on the other hand, there is a long standing feud between you, the target will be more aware, and hence harder to... target. I'd hate to miss. As for how and when? Some clients have preferences for these things. It pays to ask..."

*cough* Not that I'm suggesting anything of the sort.

... I liked the choice of targets, as well. Well, not liked. Appreciated the irony thereof, you might say.

Ah, but they never kill lightly, Andrace also said. I took this to mean that a whim would not normally be a good enough reason. :3

And everyone likes a good bit of Irony, I suppose. >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd guess it depends on whose whim.

A whim and 4x the usual pay scale would be a good enough reason for me, but I realise I have a (pathologically) thin grasp on how nice people are, and how little they'd like to be killed, and am therefore slightly suspect when this sort of thing comes up.

As far as I am concerned, I'd be happy to kill anyone who I didn't have a good reason not to. I'm sufficiently bright to realise that spending more than, oh, about 20 minutes in jail is far too high a cost to pay for cleansing the gene pool... Hence I leave most people alone.

There are times, though... ;-]

Cogidubnus

Yes, but they have honor, llearch. They like having reasons to kill people. :B

This is the impression I have gotten, anyhow.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"I don't like your haircut" is a reason. Same goes for "You're stupid, and your mother dresses you funny."

Admittedly, not very good ones, but they're still reasons...

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 25, 2008, 10:42:27 AM
"I don't like your haircut" is a reason. Same goes for "You're stupid, and your mother dresses you funny."

Admittedly, not very good ones, but they're still reasons...

Rephrased - they like to have honorable reasons to kill people. :P

Or, again, such is my impression.

llearch n'n'daCorna

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 25, 2008, 08:16:29 AM

Ah, but they never kill lightly, Andrace also said. I took this to mean that a whim would not normally be a good enough reason. :3

True, it has been known for a Kithara adventurer to refuse a commission because of that. Doesn't happen often, but at the prices they demand, not many people would risk losing their deposit by getting the Kithara PO'd.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 25, 2008, 08:16:29 AM

And everyone likes a good bit of Irony, I suppose. >:3

One of Andrace's sisters always says her favourite bit of irony goes in between the ribs. At which point in the conversation, since she only says this after an all-night pub crawl and they're all very drunk, Andrace starts throwing peanuts at her.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: SpottedKitty on September 25, 2008, 02:55:53 PM
One of Andrace's sisters always says her favourite bit of irony goes in between the ribs. At which point in the conversation, since she only says this after an all-night pub crawl and they're all very drunk, Andrace starts throwing peanuts at her.

*groans, sobs*

e_voyager

i'm not sure if Mel has left yet or not and i've been waiting to see but i guess Atem will eat his meal and bid her until the marrow if she's still there when i return form work tomorrow morning.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

techmaster-glitch

Just a notice to all RPs I'm in, I will be absent from Monday to Thursday on a camping trip in Yosemite. My character will be quiet for that time.

e_voyager

i'm simply going to have aten eat and be on his way. he'd be in the library the morning after the meet with cogi and mel. this can be implied and need not be written in the rp right?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Quote from: e_voyager on October 07, 2008, 02:47:13 AM
i'm simply going to have aten eat and be on his way. he'd be in the library the morning after the meet with cogi and mel. this can be implied and need not be written in the rp right?

That would work fine, yes. I'm trying to move things along towards the next day, although I am very happy with the way things are going so far. >:3

Things should hopefully get interesting soon.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 07, 2008, 01:03:04 PM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 07, 2008, 12:19:07 PM
Things should hopefully get interesting soon.

... They're not interesting enough?

...not interesting...enough?

I'm not sure I understand the question, sir.  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 07, 2008, 01:55:50 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question, sir.  >:3

Somehow, I thought that might be your answer. ;-]

Besides, from my perspective, I'm waiting for the night to be over, and giving everyone else a chance to post without my omnipresence overflowing the RP...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Boog:

Mad props. Love the voices in Jeremiah's head. ;-]

Boog

techmaster-glitch

Yugo

Name: Esme Broussard

Race: Angel

Species: Lynx

Physical Description: Short and lithe, Esme is a tired-looking woman who appears to be in her early twenties, dressed in a long black double-breasted frock coat drawn tight by polished brass buttons, with a white armband marked with a red cross declaring her status as medical staff on her left arm. Her fur is a salt-and-pepper color, short but thick, with her thin black hair cut short and out of the way. Thick general-issue boots protect her feet and ankles from the snow, tied firmly over a pair of functional black dress pants. Thin square glasses hang low on her nose, magnifying her slitted hazel eyes. Black feathery wings protrude from her back, clean and well kempt.

Combat Abilities:
Strengths: As an angel, although still relatively young, Esme has access to formidable light-based magic, which she primarily uses to defend herself and her allies, in addition to functional healing purposes. Years of training and service in the Belgaen Medical Corps have gifted her with a wide knowledge on the concepts and application of battlefield medicine, with a specialty in a combination of traditional and magical field surgery.
Weaknesses: Esme is bound by her medical oath, and staunchly refuses to do mortal harm to another Being or Creature, with the exception of extreme circumstances. She takes this oath very seriously, as she considers the medical field to be her life's work, and will only use non-lethal offensive magic, and failing that, content to merely defend herself against attack.

History: Born into a medical background, Esme was brought up to be caring, watching out for others before herself, entirely at odds with the selfish tendencies of her race. In her early teens she worked long hours of the day as a volunteer in the service of a local civilian practice, coming to understand just how valuable the assistance of a single person such as herself could be to others in need of medical or financial aid. Although she had become decent at the use of magical healing, she became intrigued by the possibilities that an amalgam of traditional, technological medicine and magical medicine could bring.

At the age of eighteen, against the urgings of her parents, she voluntarily joined the Belgaen Medical Corps, spending six years in a government-sponsored school learning internal medicine, field surgery techniques, and the necessities of quick and experienced triage on the battlefield. She then spent twenty years in various war zones, putting her skills to use helping soldiers of all sides, and more importantly the civilians caught in the conflicts. Her latest posting has brought her to the Belgaen capital, recently the site of bloody conflict between food-starved peasants and the aristocratic rulers.. With the city rapidly running low on medical supplies the impartial Medical Corps has became increasingly desperate to find assistance.
A strange invitation to the ball of the Scarlet Masque has provided a unique opportunity to petition sources for aid, although why she has been invited remains a mystery.

Although a little late in coming, Cog approved my petition to join. In the meantime, I must wait for a review.

But for now, I sleep.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Cogidubnus

Reports of my untimely death have been exaggerated. Reports of my very timely demise have likewise been misconstrued.

Character is approved. I'll PM you with details, sir.

Of course, if the nameless foes were to somehow confront Esme mentally, there is a temptation to have them gain an inexplicable desire for a cup of tea...

llearch n'n'daCorna

e_voyager

i guess i'm in the library but i want to do more yet i'm not in any position to interact with the others.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: e_voyager on October 28, 2008, 02:52:10 AM
i guess i'm in the library but i want to do more yet i'm not in any position to interact with the others.

That's alright, really. I'm trying to get things to wind down in any case, so we can move on to the real meat of things. Still a few things left to do yet, but hopefully everyone will get to start doing things again soon.