The Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball (OCC) (Taking New Submissions)

Started by Cogidubnus, July 16, 2008, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'ya feel lucky?

Heart of the Earth
7 (43.8%)
The End of the World
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Cogidubnus

No, but, you did say that it was February second in your post. Everyone else is a day behind you, there.

e_voyager

ah i see. i'll fix that now before i head off to work. i missed one bus i won't miss the other
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Probably that, or the Feb 2nd - everyone else is still on February 1.

After all, fashionably late is one thing, but one must be ready on time, for social occasions... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Cogidubnus

The correct response is 'It's a robe!'  :P (unless I misread something, but I assumed she wasn't in her ballroom gown yet. Not good for walking on snows and such.)

Although if I remember right, doesn't Rover respond to being spelled automatically?  >:3

Aisha deCabre

Heh, yes, it's a robe.  As I said on MSN, Ryn has her dress with her in her pack.  She'd be wiser than that. x3

And she's just making the spell out of caution.  Should Rover pounce...  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Aisha deCabre

Shadrok?  I'm sorry, I probably didn't make this all too clear in my other posts, but, how do you know Ryn's an angel when she's hiding her wings?
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mmm. I presumed she was hiding her wings, because she usually does; that's a bit meta, though, and I probably shouldn't have.

I must admit I didn't give it a seconds thought, and simply referred to her as a white tigress because the species is more important to me than the race - saying "Creature" or "Angel" limits you to two options, whereas the other way, you can use lady, female, tigress, white tigress, white lady, her, she, etc.

Of course, the more options the better; it's always nice to use some variation in writing. ;-]

The other reason for referring to her that way is that Cog and Aisha themselves did; I was just following the trend ;-]

I'll try to keep track of  who's wearing what guise at what time, though. :-/

Aisha deCabre

It's all quite alright, Llearch, the post was fine.  But yeah, it is good to keep track of what people are doing.  I also try to make things clear in my posts, but I certainly can't stop people from skim-reading and making mistakes anyway.

Besides, her profile says that she always hides her wings, too.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Shadrok

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 26, 2008, 12:02:59 PM
Shadrok?  I'm sorry, I probably didn't make this all too clear in my other posts, but, how do you know Ryn's an angel when she's hiding her wings?

Opps. I must have missed the hiding her wings part. I'll change it from angel to white tigress.

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 26, 2008, 01:43:17 PM
It's all quite alright, Llearch, the post was fine.  But yeah, it is good to keep track of what people are doing.  I also try to make things clear in my posts, but I certainly can't stop people from skim-reading and making mistakes anyway.

Besides, her profile says that she always hides her wings, too.

I try to read the other posts but for some reason yesterday I just had problems understanding what I was reading.
Could have just been due to that day being hectic for me.

bill

bill is fashionably late with a profile itt

Name (w/ title): Nathan Owen Goss, Senior Marshal of the Army of Trent

Species: Human

Phys:

Six-foot-six, large build, Caucasian,  age 39. Like all military servicemen, very short hair trim.

Occupation/History/Personality/etc
Senior Marshal of the Army of Trent, the armed forces of the Republic of Trent, the largest organized nation of humans in the world, at about thirty-two million strong. As Senior Marshal, Goss represents the troops of the Ninth Infantry Division of Trent, less formally known as the Lowlanders. The Ninth Infrantry is one of thirteen individual divisions, each of which is represented by their own Senior Marshal in the Marshaling Congress, as it is known. As a whole, the Congress represents the interests and needs of the troops of the Army, as opposed to the Administrative Congress, which represents the official, financial, and administrative sections of the army. To oversimplify things, the Administrative Congress (via the government of Trent) tells the Army where to fight, and the Marshaling Congress controls the actual fighting. During a peacetime (such as the present), however, the Marshals are locked in a near-traditional struggle with the administration, regarding issues that can range from large-scale, such as headcount and pay, to issues as petty as perceived slights by the administration against Congress members in the press.

As can be expected, an average trooper respects the rule of the M.C. much more than the more bureaucratic A.C., especially since Senior Marshals travel with their armies to war, and generally have been soldiers with war experience, as opposed to the army administration, viewed as mere office workers and paper-pushers.

Goss is the most hawkish of the Marshals, going for brute-force strategies that lead to higher-than-average losses in his troops which gives him a mixture of respect and criticism from his them. His aggressive plans generally put the troops of the Lowlanders in more danger than they view necessary, but at the same time, give him the impression of being a strong, stubborn wartime leader, and probably one of the most effective, if not the most inventive, leaders of the Congress.

Goss has a blunt personality common to the armed forces. As military duties preclude most long-term personal relationships, Goss is very hard to speak to on a personal level. He speaks tersely, and rarely when not required. Years fighting with militray bureaucrats have given him an intense distrust of authority, especially those in governments.

Combat, weaknesses, strengths
Though Goss frequently works in warzones, his position in the Army prevents him from doing any actual fighting; Goss has not fought in anger for nearly a decade, and his skills have atrophied somewhat as a result. Like the vast majority of humans, Goss has no magical abilities. Goss' experience as a soldier mainly took place with the Ninth Infantry in a jungle campaign, nearly two decades ago. As necessitated by jungle combat, Goss is trained with a machete, and still prefers it for close-quarters combat. Like most troopers, Goss is trained with small-arms.

Cogidubnus

Approved. Also, the OOC is now closed, because I have enough players now, I think.  :B

Azlan

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 26, 2008, 10:13:08 PM
The ringtailed fox might have wanted to begin a brisk trot to claim some form of transportation, when he noticed another well-dressed gentlemen approaching him.

Kiet has the appearance of a Ring-tailed Cat, not unlike that of the infamous Chester Magreer.  Illura appears as a vixen as she is half fox and the genes appear stronger.  Kiet is only one-quarter fox.  My mistake for not describing him in my IC entry post and only in the OOC character post.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Cogidubnus

Ah! My apologies, sir. I shall endeavour to keep things straighter in my head. :3

Azlan

It's cool, I like foxes a little  :B and have played a fox or two... so I kind of have a minor history with the animal, nothing special mind you...  :3

Cogidubnus

Tech - was rereading through the posts, and I realized I must have missed the portion of yours where you said you surfaced.
Don't mean to take liberties with the character, I can edit if it's a problem.

Also, this RP is going to give me the carpal tunnel. So many peoples.  :<

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 30, 2008, 11:24:36 AM
Tech - was rereading through the posts, and I realized I must have missed the portion of yours where you said you surfaced.
Don't mean to take liberties with the character, I can edit if it's a problem.
Actually, I edited my post slightly to fit. I figured, "He's having me surface now? Sure, why not. A little char interaction would be good." I was going to completely edit the last part to make it so he wasn't yet to the surface at all, but instead I just hacked off the last sentance which stated he was making his mech move towards the castle, because there wasn't much continuity confliction otherwise; both your post and mine specified that Karazkt is looking around from his cockpit.
   While I imagined he actually surfaced in fields behind the castle, I could do a little further editing to change it to that Karazkt did also feel the town as well, and just came up through it; because he's so used to how Insectis work, he would automatically assume that this surfacer "hive" knows he is coming (via the 'tremorsense' thing that all Insectis have, in my imagining), and therefore, he would think his entrance is already cleared. He wouldn't bother to interact with any 'workers', unless one of them (Goss) said something, which Karazkt won't expect, opening up some interesting first contact interaction.
   The only little discrepancy, really, is that the boiler is not external (for obvious reasons). Therefore, Goss would only see the orange-brown armor metal covering the mech.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 30, 2008, 11:24:36 AM
Also, this RP is going to give me the carpal tunnel. So many peoples.  :<
Hang in there buddy ;)

e_voyager

maybe but i doubt it. anyway i'm having a little difficulty figuring where i fit it. i feel like a shadow on the wall and while in most cases that's fine right now i want more to interact more directly. any suggestions? 
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Shoot. Sorry E - I need to put a cheat sheet on my forehead, I think, or something... :<

e_voyager

no worried i'm just looking for a way to take a bigger part in the goings one of the place. i can follow the dragons. but well i don't know what to do.

edit. as i've stated i've followed the dragons and am now approaching Mel and Cogi in hopes of over hearing what they are talking about. i'm nether bold nor timid in this approach but my next move is still depended on how you two react

techmaster-glitch

If bill reads this, I'm still waiting on Goss to say something about the mech in front of him that will make Karazkt notice...otherwise, I'll just have him head off to the castle.

bill

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 03, 2008, 08:30:06 PM
If bill reads this, I'm still waiting on Goss to say something about the mech in front of him that will make Karazkt notice...otherwise, I'll just have him head off to the castle.
That's funny I was waiting for you to say something :U

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: bill on August 03, 2008, 08:57:01 PM
That's funny I was waiting for you to say something :U
The thing is, Karazkt is assuming most everyone around is in the 'worker' caste, Goss included (he thinks surface society works like his own, as he's never been up here before). In Insectis society, one does not even take notice of a lower caste unless you specifically have business (meaning orders or commands, usually) with them. Gods forbid if you try to engage in casual conversation with one of a higher caste than yourself. Depending on what Goss says, Karazkt might have several different reactions. And that's why Karazkt can't (won't) initiate anything with Goss himself.

EDIT: Ahhh, stupid stupid STUPID. I can't believe I didn't think of this. Karazkt still would think surface society works like his, but of course he should know better than to rely completely on looks to determine someone else's caste. So he might not assume Goss is a worker right away. In fact, I just thought of something he could percieve and say that would definately open up some interesting dialogue.

e_voyager

actually Mel i was mealy asking permission to sit as it would be rude to  slip into a booth with unknown acquainted with out permission. but i thank you for the permission and the seat. now if only i could think up a proper response.

Mel Dragonkitty

My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

e_voyager

i thank you vary kindly Mel and have responded in kind i hope.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Azlan:

"Johnny, rosin up your bow, and play your fiddle hard, the Devil's on the loose and he always deals the cards, if you win you get this shiny fiddle made of gold, but if you lose, the Devil gets your soul..."

Yes?

Azlan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 19, 2008, 08:40:07 AM
Azlan:

"Johnny, rosin up your bow, and play your fiddle hard, the Devil's on the loose and he always deals the cards, if you win you get this shiny fiddle made of gold, but if you lose, the Devil gets your soul..."

Yes?

It has a very similar kimber, yes... but I found a much better fiddled song in one done by Alexander Adams... formerly known as Heather Alexander... I just wish I could remember the title...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Just so everyone is aware: http://llearch.net/misc/rp/MGM/ is up.

I'll try to get it updated at some point in the not too distant future.