The Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball (OCC) (Taking New Submissions)

Started by Cogidubnus, July 16, 2008, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'ya feel lucky?

Heart of the Earth
7 (43.8%)
The End of the World
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Gareeku

Name: Cerebus Morax

Species: Jackal

Race: Being, with demon heritage

Age: Unknown, looks to be be in his mid to late thirties.

Physical description: Cerebus possesses an athletic build, toned and muscular, but not overly so. He stands at 6' 4" in height and his eyes are red in colour. While he sports predominately black fur, streaks of dark red can be seen, though only on his torso, arms and legs.

His hair is long, extending down just past his shoulders to his chest in length, and a dark red in colour. It is usually brushed back and tied in a ponytail, save for one bang of hair which cascades down over his face from the middle of his hairline to the left of his muzzle (the right if you look straight on at him), reaching to just below it.

Attire: Although Cerebus wears a variety of clothing, he is most often seen in a suit of some sort with the suit jacket sometimes sporting tails, and sometimes with fingerless gloves depending on his preference. Either way, it is very rare to see Cerebus not sharply-dressed.

Background: Cerebus was born to a being father and demon mother, but never knew his father as he was killed before he was born. Not much else is known about him, Cerebus himself choosing to keep this information secret. Nobody is even sure how he managed to come into such wealth and associate himself with the aristocracy, having become a familiar figure even in many aristocratic creature circles. What people do know, however, is that Cerebus never fails to impress with his shrewd business manner and sophistication, neither of which would normally be expected from one raised by a demon.

The real reason why Cerebus is the man he is today, however, is not so rosy. Ever since he can remember, he had been told stories of the talents that various creatures possess by his mother, including the talents of manipulation many angels possess. Very quickly, the jackal learnt the ways of demonhood, though much to his frustration he would not possess the same abilities that his mother and other demons did. Having been raised on the belief that power is everything, this infuriated him.

But if he could not obtain power the way that demons could, then he would have to do it another way; through angels' methods.

Through countless acts of manipulaton, betrayal, blackmail and sometimes cold-blooded murder, all hidden by a talented business mind, Cerebus Morax made his way up the ranks of the aristocracy, developing a deep sophistication and love of the finer things in life. Though deep down there is a dark intent, for inside the body of a being lies the dark heart and bloodlust of a demon, and manipulation talents of an angel.

techmaster-glitch

Gareeku

...To rp with...? >_>;

Nah, just thought I'd introduce another character. I've had the green light from Cog.

Aisha deCabre

I'm afraid I have to make a call of absence, guys.  A couple of computer issues came up...they're outlined here.

Both of our computers are gonna be taken apart a bit for repairs, starting tomorrow from what I've been told, and it's not going to be done too quickly.  I hope to be back within a few days, but it's not for certain.  So, if the RP must move quickly, I trust that my character can be controlled accordingly.

That also goes for the other RPs I'm involved in, The Castle and Furrae Chronicles.

Thank you!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Cogidubnus

Aw, man. Right before things were about to move on.  :<

I will attempt to keep Rynkura moving foward with the action, then. She'll be here when you get back.

e_voyager

okay i and now completely lost as to where i am right now. i thong i was in the hall way to the main ballroom if not there already i can hardly see a lot of unknowns being allowed to wander all willie nillie around someone's castle until they happen to stumble across the ballroom
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

E -

You walked inside the Castle. The Ballroom doors are open, and everyone was called to go ahead and enter. You are amongst this group of everyone. This was in the first room you walked in. You are now in the ballroom.

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Yugo

I do apologize to all for my lack of postage recently. Lots of stuff with school came up, and afterwards (and during) I had a serious lack of muse. Do expect a post sometime tomorrow though. Again, sorry.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

techmaster-glitch

Darn it, Mel! I was supposed to be saving the groveling for later! :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sadly, folks, I am going on holiday. I'll be back at the end of May.

In the mean time, Cog has agreed to steer Tim and Rover through the shoals of conversation on the dance floor. One hopes that Rover will not put any dents in it, and that Tim won't put her foot in her mouth. Too much.

I'll find out when I come back. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on May 12, 2009, 09:45:31 PM
"And, no, my boss doesn't know about that," he blushed beneath his fur, turning to grab a glass of wine, "And if I have any luck never wi-

Mwahahaha. That's what he thinks.

techmaster-glitch

Cog: the person Karazkt is talking to is basically any random person who looks like they're a part of Luna's entourage.

Lisky

not kid tested... Cogi approved

Name: Baseel (pronounced Bah Seel) Wolkshammer

Race: Demon

Species: Demon Canine, Shepherd

Physical Description: At 828 years Bas has been around for quite some time, and yet, none of his age comes through in his appearance.  Tall, and thin, yet well muscled, one would find him to be the poster child of the demon race, at least in appearance.  He Looks to be in his early 20's by being standards.

Across his back, starting at the top of his head, and running all the way down his back is a near jet black fur across his front is a silver tinged with a hint of brown, running across his face, down his throat and down his body, and ending in pure silver extremities.  He has full black patches around his eyes, giving him an almost raccoon mask coloring. His muzzle is also mostly black, with brown around the corners of his mouth, and a silver ring right as his snout begins to broaden.  A black diamond shape sits between his eyes and goes from the bridge of his nose to the crown of his head.

His cephalic hair is a reddish blond, and is worn in dreadlocks that reach down slightly below his shoulder blades.

Bas sports a rather impressive pair of horns that sprout just behind his eyes, they curve up and around, facing slightly forward at the tips. (http://www.northernelectric.ca/~whitefox/images/dmfa/basilisk/basilisk4.png reference by whitefox)

His wings match his fur patterns quite nicely, dark at the top, moving to brown about the shoulders, then silver at center mass down. though the bottom wings are rimmed in black as well.  His wingspan is 16 feet at maximum, and given his musculature, he seems capable of flight.

For clothing he usually wears a dark, forest green robe, with black trim held together with gold chords. Sometimes he will wear matching pant if he expects to be moving fast.

In the ball, Bas is wearing a dark blue overcoat, with a long tail.  The coat is rimmed in gold thread, along with gold colored accents along the cuffs, collar, and the coat-tails.
His dress shirt underneath is slightly off-white, adorn with pure silver buttons, accents and cuff-links.  The Wolkshammer family crest is on the clasp holding Baseel's coat firmly around his body.  He is wearing blue pants which match the coat, and are accented with a golden lining.  
His wings are folded almost straight back, and opening upwards.  It would appear as if someone poured molten silver across the surface of his leathery wings, and drew then guided the liquid silver into a series of tasteful, yet unique twisting and swirling patterns, then let it harden.  His mask is a lighter blue, edged by silver.  Under the eyes is a golden pattern which appears to be quite similar to a cubi clan mark, though if one can read ancient demon they would know it's a simple blessing, reading, "Strength, Honor, Power and Respect"

Combat Abilities:  As with most demons he can harden his skin as if it were armor and grow fingers into long, dagger like claws.  He's used these skills most of his life, and they only add to his fighting prowess.  Preferably, Bas likes to fight with dark magic, and will cast spells ranging from consuming or shrouding the light in an area, to forming exploding bolts of dark energy.

He can summon but 2 items, and they are stored at his family's castle.  A massive 4 foot diameter metal rimmed wooded shield (heavily enchanted to increase it's durability... not unbreakable, but close) with a metal boss, and a double edged battle axe which he has named Reaper.  Reaper is enchanted, much like the shield for enhanced durability, capped at both ends of the shaft with metal spikes, and hook like protrusions form the edges of the axe head allowing it to be used to grab as well as slash an opponent.

He has the ability to heal himself, and other demons, though his dark magic based healing seems to only work on demons and cubi.

History: The Wolkshammer family is a bit of mystery, wrapped in a puzzle, encased  in an enigma. What is known is that they're very firm believers in keeping the demon lineage pure, and they also seem to breed some of the most clever and racial stereotype-defying members of the demon families.  Bas fits this mold quite nicely.  He doesn't actively engage in random violence, and doesn't believe wholesale slaughter is the end all be all of amusement of the more powerful.  That isn't to say he isn't brutal when he fights, nor does he avoid combat.  He merely doesn't pray on the innocent, instead his mere presence usually stirs up a couple of adventurers  stupid enough to try and 'slay a horrible creature'.

Being part of a powerful family has forced him to attend many events as a representative for his parents.  He doesn't mind attending these parties, as they always provides an opportunity for meeting women, or at the very least, a change of scenery.

Personality wise, Bas is unpredictable, yet friendly.  Despite his intimidating appearance, he gives off a very likable aura, something rare for a demon.  He is friendly with many, but friends with few.  Those who Bas does truly befriend, he would be willing to do almost anything for.  Very loyal, and proud, Bas also feels that honesty and trustworthiness are key, as one's reputation is all one has when they live for millennia.

Trivia: Bas is known to enter and exit relationships at whimsy, currently single, he seems to be quite flirtatious, though usually not serious.

His horns are massive, yet he constantly seems to ignore the fact that they're there

Although he can teleport his shield and Axe incredible distances, he himself has not mastered the trick, and is still terrified to try it to this day.  The first time he tried teleporting, he returned home almost a week later, terrified and borderline catatonic, he has yet to tell anyone about what happened.

His Axe and shield were a gift given to him on his 16th birthday, and he has killed more sentients with the shield than the axe... though both pale in comparison to his body count from magic.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Cogidubnus

e_voyager

Buh?
Translation : But huh? what is this about ? you've completely lost me and i want to find out want you are talking about before i say something that could be taken one way or  the other so please repeat or clear up what you just said.

in other words. are those songs, places or events in the poll how do that relate to the rp.

techmaster-glitch

I think the whole point is that we're not supposed to know what this poll is about :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

I plumped for In The Clouds. But then, given the gryphons, I would, wouldn't I?

Cogidubnus

If you look on the first page, E, I have placed an edit post there to explain what I'm asking all of you about. :3

e_voyager

Lisky

you know, with the voting system, since people are pairing off it would see already, why not just have people call out where they want, and separate that way... could have it done tonight... :P ... or have people PM you what they voted for... that way people won't know their partner until they're stuck together...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Gareeku

I voted abandoned city as i was thinking "oh cool lost city รก la Atlantis/Tomb Raider etc" but i'm most likely wrong. Meh.

Also hoping Cerebus is, you know, actually somewhat alive somewhere.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on June 17, 2009, 04:36:32 PM
you know, with the voting system, since people are pairing off it would see already, why not just have people call out where they want, and separate that way... could have it done tonight... :P ... or have people PM you what they voted for... that way people won't know their partner until they're stuck together...

Yes, but this also gives me time to write individual plots for each group of folks for each location.

It also seems we have a four-way tie. :\ I have to go totally not play BFG with compadres right now, but if it's still deadlocked when I get back tonight I'll see what I can do about a tiebreaker.

Cogidubnus

My apologies to all, but my car managed to get a flat tire far away from home last night, so I got home a bit late. Just got it all sorted out a few hours ago, and I notice it's now a five-way tie.

So what I'm going to do is shorten this a bit. One last poll on either A: The End of the World or B: The Heart of the Earth. I will also reserve my vote as a tiebreaker.

Insofar as groupings, I'm going to generally do what makes sense. If you think two characters would get along swimmingly or have an idea for ebil-ness, you can PM me and I will see if it fits in with my dark plot.

llearch n'n'daCorna

The End Of The World.

After all, that way someone can be singing REM songs...

techmaster-glitch

A note to all RPs I'm in - Starting tomorrow, my Internet access may be sporadic or cut off completely, as my family is visiting some other family for a week. If I can post something I will, but no guarantees.

e_voyager

say GM  what are the chances my running into Mel, Tim  or Sasha's( did i spell that right?)   group?

Cogidubnus

One in six. There are six groups, if I recall...

Cogidubnus

Oh God somebody kill me now why did I let so many people in this RP-

Azlan

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 15, 2009, 10:58:09 PM
Oh God somebody kill me now why did I let so many people in this RP-

Acknowledged, initiating kill program.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 15, 2009, 10:56:59 PM
"That mirror in large part was to be my payment. My plan, of course, was to steal the power for myself, but..." he grinned at Azlan. "My immediate problem outweighs my eventual one. For example..."
The caverns shook. Cerebus shrugged. "We're in what is, effectively, an entirely separate plane from the rest of reality, controlled by the God of the fellow you just killed. Why we're not dead yet I'm not certain."

Uh... Azlan is not there, he wouldn't want to be there... he'd probably turn the husk of a dead god into cake and feed it to pygmy shrews...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"