Chapter 5 is up and ready to kick your... Talmi

Started by stiletto, June 15, 2008, 12:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagan

Yeah. That's what I was trying to explain to myself, but hearing someone else back my ideas up helps.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Jigsaw Forte

:ipod "Jigsaw has an inventory, doo-dah, doo-dah..."

Short Version: Jigsaw has a little inventory that functions as an effective Bag of Holding -- a "Pouch Protector" if you will.  Sound still gets out though (and you kinda want it to -- especially if that's where you keep your phone!)

Long Version: The Physical form of the bag (inside her pouch, at least) is a little semi-circle pocket of fabric that fits inside the pouch and more-or-less "adheres" to the mouth of the pouch, effectively turning it into Last Resort's very own version of the Victoria's Secret Compartment.

For Talmi, anyway.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm.

I should go look up kangaroos again. I can't see how the physics of kangaroo mating works, which means I'm missing some detail somewhere...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

silly jiggy, the soundproofed pouch is for screaming kids, the phone goes in your cleavage

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 28, 2008, 06:49:45 AM
Hmm.

I should go look up kangaroos again. I can't see how the physics of kangaroo mating works, which means I'm missing some detail somewhere...

the wonder of kangaroo reproduction is that they can be a factory- one fetus pops out to use the pouch for part of its gestation which frees up the uterus so the roo can be knocked up again. in full swing a mother kangaroo has one fetus, one preemie in the pouch, and one joey which is probably still on milk and barely lets go of mommy's leg, and the male is probably ready to cram another one somewhere in the mix
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I was thinking more precisely how the male "crams a new one in there". Since the child comes out inside the pouch, doesn't that mean he has to stick it in there? Or is it somewhat different than that, and I'm forgetting something?

stiletto

I thought the pouch was just for holding them...

Jigsaw Forte

The details of it are a bit weird. For Kangaroos, anyway.

• They have two "wombs" so to speak, (and yes, the male is "split" to accomodate that)
  • Kangaroos can "pause" their pregnancies if the local environment isn't suited for it, and start them up again at anytime.
  • They're able to nurse two joeys at a time -- and produce different blends of milk for each.
  • At least in the Roo's case, the joey gets born and then climbs into the pouch. Other types of marsupials actually have their pouches opening in the rear for easier access in this regard, but the idea's still the same -- pouch provides protection for the joey and a handy hiding place for "nursing equipment".

I'll stop there.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, so the joey actually climbs in?

I forgot that. Explains muchly. Thanks, Jiggly. (how can I call you anything else with that avatar going like that?)

Brunhidden

its only about six inches ot the pouch, but for a wrinkly naked preemie thats a tough climb

although the ability to pause a pregnancy must rock so much

all of this super breeding is the reason why kangaroos are a pest in Australia and considered very large rats really. a hunter i spoke to about wild game said he once went to Australia, where you are allowed to shoot all the roos you want, provided you eat what you shoot. he had rooburgers coming out of his ears.

stiletto

Gangrel looks a little gangrene if I might add...

Brunhidden

badum-cha

i wonder how many people here are thinking of 'gangrel' like the clan of vampires from LARP games

stiletto

Jig, didn't you mention that to me back when you first made the page? I dun remember...

Madmann135

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on July 27, 2008, 10:37:21 PM

Short Version: Jigsaw has a little inventory that functions as an effective Bag of Holding -- a "Pouch Protector" if you will.  Sound still gets out though (and you kinda want it to -- especially if that's where you keep your phone!)

Long Version: The Physical form of the bag (inside her pouch, at least) is a little semi-circle pocket of fabric that fits inside the pouch and more-or-less "adheres" to the mouth of the pouch, effectively turning it into Last Resort's very own version of the Victoria's Secret Compartment.

For Talmi, anyway.

So in short Jigsaw's Victoria's Secret compartment is just a protector for her pouch and not something more technology/physics oriented in order to expand herr holding capability. 
... Jigsaw doesn't have her own hammerspace.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 30, 2008, 11:07:10 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on July 27, 2008, 10:37:21 PM

For Talmi, anyway.

So in short Jigsaw's Victoria's Secret compartment is just a protector for her pouch and not something more technology/physics oriented in order to expand herr holding capability. 
... Jigsaw doesn't have her own hammerspace.

I think you missed the "Bag of Holding" part of my rant. It practically DEFINES hammerspace.

Tapewolf

Out of interest, what's with all the stars?  Wall decor?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

i believe he was reffering to the ability of a D&D Bag of Holding to have an area larger inside then outside, typically allowing a small bag to carry roughly 200 pounds or so while weighing only 5 pounds.

when you stated it was a bit of fabric, you neglected to mention any high tech abilities other then it adhering to the inside of jigsaws happy place

Madmann135

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 30, 2008, 04:40:44 PM
i believe he was reffering to the ability of a D&D Bag of Holding to have an area larger inside then outside, typically allowing a small bag to carry roughly 200 pounds or so while weighing only 5 pounds.

when you stated it was a bit of fabric, you neglected to mention any high tech abilities other then it adhering to the inside of jigsaws happy place

What he said... :nod

Though this does explain why I rarely see a Talmi female with a purse (bookbag yes, purse no).
Though I am starting to wonder how many weapons she can hold in her pouch...

stiletto

Probably not everyone has them. Expensive maybe? And we haven't seen too many female Talmi in total.

Brunhidden

we need to see more Talmi

sexy Talmi, lots of them, using their pouches or attached feminine equipment, possibly not wearing much  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Is that a (not very) subtle hint, Brunhidden?

... cause I now have a mental image of a chorus line of Talmi, all reaching into their pouches and pulling out hammers, in sequence...

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 31, 2008, 05:22:43 PM
... cause I now have a mental image of a chorus line of Talmi, all reaching into their pouches and pulling out hammers, in sequence...

...to Verdi's Anvil Chorus....

Brunhidden

to elaborate, lets take a family of Talmi, one that for no particular reason named all their kids after balls, at the beach

heres beach, why did she just dump a bucket of ice down her shorts? to keep the drinks cold of course! on a hot beach one should never be more then arms reach from a cold beverage.

look over there, volley seems to be flirting with some cute college boys. she always had a lot of luck with boys, and they love her bikini. in high school she had seven kids, earning her the name 'clowncar'

and little ping, mischievous little sprite just filled her pouch with water and a surprised fish to dump on her brother golf who is sleeping in the sun.

golf.... has pouch envy, and thats one of the lesser reasons he is messed up

Reese Tora

Except talmi probably avoid the beach to keep from getting sand in places that they never knew existed, or in places that don't exist. (within this dimension, anyway, that's why it's called 'extradimensional' space. :P )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Starcat5

Of COURSE she died during the Embrace. It's kind of hard to keep a steady bio-rhythm while being strangled by a barbed wire garrote!

...can I assume that such a device is not normally a part of the process?  >:3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

stiletto

Barbed wire is standard procedure, haven't you ever watched the Lost Boys?

Madmann135

Quote from: starcat5 on August 02, 2008, 11:51:12 PM
Of COURSE she died during the Embrace. It's kind of hard to keep a steady bio-rhythm while being strangled by a barbed wire garrote!

...can I assume that such a device is not normally a part of the process?  >:3

And that is why I am a racist towards vampires... They have a tendancy to look for new and not well used ways of killing and they enjoy it.

I just wonder how those little PDA's recharge.
If it was me I would take the battery out and replace it with a micro fusion cell that has a minimum life of 20 years.

llearch n'n'daCorna

madmann, one presumes that generating the image and moving itself around chews through a hefty amount of power.

Not to mention the storage capacity; it's not like you can use the network, since it won't always be in range.

I find it mildly interesting that it's been more than 3 months since Gangrel was last charged, though. That's a fairly hefty battery right there; certainly knocks any of the current mobile phone batteries into a cocked hat...

stiletto

Also remember that she was kind of in what we can guess is like sleep mode. Jigsaw apparently hadn't been using her since the incident, and we learned from the Slider and Sudoku's Cybees that she was in 'Corpse Mode.'

llearch n'n'daCorna

Even so, that's still a heck of a battery life.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 03, 2008, 02:08:58 PM
Even so, that's still a heck of a battery life.
I used to have a pager that could run for a month on a AAA cell.  The Psion series 3 could run for about 72 hours solid on a pair of AAs.  This was 10 years ago.  I'd be horrified if there wasn't a substantial improvement in however many centuries away Last Resort is...