Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Arcalane

Ehhhh, I think the old pixel-art (furc-style?) one was better. :P

On an on-topic note, is there any limit to the number of goons we can take with us beyond common sense?

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 07, 2008, 07:15:47 PM
DAMN! Nice new avatar, Ryudo ;)
Quote from: Arcalane on February 07, 2008, 09:49:04 PM
Ehhhh, I think the old pixel-art (furc-style?) one was better. :P

This new avatar was drawn by the same artist who made my previous one (and yes that was a Furc port).  She'd promised to make 'em for a bunch of her friends, myself included.  I've been bugging her for months to actually get around to doing it, and she finally came through yesterday.

On an on-topic note, is there any limit to the number of goons we can take with us beyond common sense?

Hmm, I will have to consult my advisors the dice.  I know I've got a diceroller program stashed away somewhere around here.  Let me get back to you on that.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 08, 2008, 09:11:10 AM
www.random.org ?

Useful!

The dice say you can have a unit of no more than 9, not including yourselves.  As we get further into the game, that number will increase.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on February 08, 2008, 09:27:13 AM
The dice say you can have a unit of no more than 9, not including yourselves.  As we get further into the game, that number will increase.

Should have used a 100-sider  :<

As for the avatar, the new one is better-drawn than the EGA one from before, but somehow it looks a bit creepy.  Maybe it's just me.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

A smaller unit has a better chance of sneaking in unnoticed than a larger one, after all.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Where does that leave Exo? ;-] *hides*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 08, 2008, 10:40:13 AM

He counts as two, so whichever teams gets him will owe the other team one person  >:3

Ryudo Lee

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 08, 2008, 10:49:36 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 08, 2008, 10:40:13 AM

He counts as two, so whichever teams gets him will owe the other team one person  >:3

Only two? :(

My plan was basically to have 2 Scouts, 2 Grunts and a Demo to the first team (the fake-recon - the two scouts would basically be part of the recon feint, with the grunts and demo (with Exo and the others) as fire support), and then the more subtle entry tactics fellas for the other team. If both demos survive we have a good shot at taking down the tower - and if only one survives we still have a backup who knows where to put the big explosives proper like.

Of course now I've posted that publically I'll have to rethink it entirely to account for the GM wising up. :P

Tapewolf

Prof B Hunnydew

I was kind of waitinng of Josh to post something... I will move on to morning if he doesn't post by tonight.   PBH

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 10, 2008, 01:34:34 PM
I was kind of waitinng of Josh to post something... I will move on to morning if he doesn't post by tonight.   PBH
Well, I was thinking it would really be Ryudo's call, but yeah.

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Arcalane on February 08, 2008, 09:58:43 PM
Of course now I've posted that publically I'll have to rethink it entirely to account for the GM wising up. :P

GM metagaming FTW.

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2008, 01:36:42 PM
Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 10, 2008, 01:34:34 PM
Well, I was thinking it would really be Ryudo's call, but yeah.

If everyone's ready to switch over to morning...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on February 11, 2008, 09:20:58 AM
If everyone's ready to switch over to morning...

I don't see any arguments against  >:3

Ryudo Lee

Okay then.  If anyone wants to talk to Jackson, now's the best time.  It's known to those already in the rebellion that he likes to join the soldiers for meals, and is often talkative with them during those times.

Ryudo Lee

Sorry for the double post, but new information... which I've literally just come up with.  :3

It would be noticed by all the characters that no one except Dorcan is wandering around with wings.  There are avians in the world, but they do keep to themselves.  They live in what's called the Black Cliffs, far to the west, near the ocean.  They are a race that keeps close to nature, and though they've never outwardly displayed any magical abilities, rumors speculate that they do have magic and it's attuned with nature, and that they might, in fact, be druids.  Everyone pretty much leaves them alone, considering them to be shut-ins.  The Brotherhood hasn't ever bothered them since they haven't ever openly displayed any affinity towards magic, and the Brotherhood considers them to be Luddites anyway.  The Brotherhood hasn't even bothered to put a tower in the vicinity either.  The Rebellion on the other hand has been trying to open communications, and even trade with the avians, though they've been largely unsuccessful.

Tapewolf

I take it they don't have anthro bats, then?  I wasn't quite sure whether to ask this IC.  I still might...

Ryudo Lee

No, I think the bats are going to be among the avians, though they would live deeper in the cliffs, and obviously be nocturnal.

techmaster-glitch

In case anyone cares, Jexx hasn't woken up yet because I can't think of anything useful that he could do right now. However, Ryudo, I remember in a page or two back, Jackson wants some white-coats to do some analysis on Jexx. If you send one of the scientists to find and rouse him, that'll be something to do, at least.

Ryudo Lee

Okay.

Also, Boogey has dropped out.  If any of the people who dropped out want to come back in, they're free to do so.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on February 21, 2008, 10:11:53 AM
Jackson gave Dorcan a pat on the back.
That must have been quite interesting to watch  :3

Ryudo Lee

techmaster-glitch

btw Ryudo, are you going to send a white-coat to wake Jexx up for his 'examination'? Or was that nixed?
Or heck, is it Prof's job? :B

Prof B Hunnydew

Is it Sally's Job?   I have to try and remember all my patients..PBH

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 21, 2008, 07:18:44 PM
btw Ryudo, are you going to send a white-coat to wake Jexx up for his 'examination'? Or was that nixed?

Oh, I thought you were gonna do that.  Actually, having the good doctor do it would be even better, don't you think?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on February 22, 2008, 09:06:50 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 21, 2008, 07:18:44 PM

Oh, I thought you were gonna do that.  Actually, having the good doctor do it would be even better, don't you think?
If she's up to it, whatever you say.

Ryudo Lee

Well I see it as further interactions between the players, as a way to help with party dynamics.  The more your characters interact with each other, the better they will be able to work together.

Tapewolf

Checking, it looks like Jexx does eat.  Dorcan of course has spent the last 310 odd years not needing food :3