Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I had envisaged a typical 5-seat arrangement with the storage section behind them.  Otherwise they would probably be stopped for not having seatbelts...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

I was thinking the same thing as Arc about the vans.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Painted black, like the helicopters? Or are we more subtle than that? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

No, more like they look like old vans that have seen better days on the outside and on the inside they're mobile command centers.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on December 28, 2007, 10:12:00 AM
No, more like they look like old vans that have seen better days on the outside and on the inside they're mobile command centers.
So the people in the back would be in the chairs?  In that case, Jexx would be pointing at a big rack of very expensive equipment.  Either way, I think we're arguing about minutiae.  For the purposes of what Dorcan is doing, the fact that he's likely to win at arm-wrestling Jexx is more important than what he was aiming at.

I'm still curious how he's going to react to Dorcan doing that, since AFAIK he's never, ever lifted a hand against anyone in the rebellion until this point.

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 28, 2007, 12:33:51 PM
I'm still curious how he's going to react to Dorcan doing that, since AFAIK he's never, ever lifted a hand against anyone in the rebellion until this point.

Quote from: Jexx
I swear, he just fell on those plasma balls... ten times...

:P

techmaster-glitch

There had been a point, a few minutes ago, when the doberman had almost confessed his cybernetic nature.  But from the other's reaction it seemed such things were taboo in this place.  Better to keep it under wraps.  But eventually the others would put the pieces together, and he would have to stay alert for that day.
:giggle Heh heh, sorry about this Tapes. But, just so you know, my next post is not out of spite of this one, I was planning it for a little bit now.

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 28, 2007, 05:24:14 AM
I had envisaged a typical 5-seat arrangement with the storage section behind them.  Otherwise they would probably be stopped for not having seatbelts...

Nobody in their right mind is going to stop a van driven by a large warbot, no matter the reason.

'nuff said.

lucas marcone

still waiting on morgan to get us to the base :poke

Prof B Hunnydew

And Don't wait on me ... Sally is ready to board the van...On my next post...Babs is waiting on Josh and Sally.  Chad may come again, If the GM wills it.  Bill is very minor and may fade into history...

PBH

Azlan

Quote from: lucas marcone on December 30, 2007, 09:31:37 AM
still waiting on morgan to get us to the base :poke

Indeed... the trials of IT management keep me rather occupied, I shall see about getting this going.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

Hey, just a question, but what van did Mister get in?

Ryudo Lee

Whichever one, it doesn't matter.  Assume everyone got into the vans.

EDIT:

Set the rating to be PG/14... somewhere between the PG and 14 rating pandas.

Tapewolf

Tech, do you have anything to add or are we ready to cut to the base?

techmaster-glitch

No, not really. I was thinking oh having Jexx sniggering at Dorcan's comment, but not much other than that.
I think we're done.

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 03, 2008, 07:44:10 PM
No, not really. I was thinking oh having Jexx sniggering at Dorcan's comment, but not much other than that.  I think we're done.

Okay, so I guess that's it for Exo's van.  Is the cut to base something for Ryudo or Arc to do?
And was the plan to wait until everyone was ready and cut, or is it going to happen in sequence, e.g. Exo's van arrives, then Morgans...

Ryudo Lee

If everyone's ready to change the scene to the base, then I'll make the transition.  The only ones I'm unsure about are Arc, lucas and PBH.

lucas marcone

Prof B Hunnydew

Hey sorry I posted IC to go on...

PBH

Tapewolf

Ryudo Lee

Yep.  Forever waiting for Arc.  Story of our lives.

EDIT:
Edited the first post to include character list.

Know what would be helpful?  To be able to get a list of all the posts made by one person in a particular thread.  Just putting that out there.

Tapewolf

I see you have added the past and present cast lists.  Handy.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on January 07, 2008, 09:19:38 AM
Yep.  Forever waiting for Arc.  Story of our lives.

EDIT:
Edited the first post to include character list.

Know what would be helpful?  To be able to get a list of all the posts made by one person in a particular thread.  Just putting that out there.

erm. advanced search, title, username ?

Edit:
Nope. Hmm. Yeah, good point, but I don't think we can manage it. Or, rather, I think we can manage the search, but not the results. At least, not without breaking the forum badly. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prof B Hunnydew

If we read Arc's last post rightly , he is good to the base... we could go on   

PBH

Ryudo Lee

Then that's how I'll take it.

Moving on...

Tapewolf

It's not entirely clear to me if we're supposed to go into the armoury itself and no further, or hand in the weapons and go straight to the warehouse in a single leap.  Obviously if something odd is due to happen when the weapons are handed in, it's probably not the idea to mention it in passing and then skip ahead, which my original post did...

Ryudo Lee

Paranoid players... I swear.

Nothing's going to jump out at you here since you're in the rebellion HQ.  If there was, I'd make some kind of hint at it.  Everything going on right now can be taken at face value safely.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on January 08, 2008, 02:15:04 PM
Paranoid players... I swear.  Nothing's going to jump out at you here since you're in the rebellion HQ.  If there was, I'd make some kind of hint at it.  Everything going on right now can be taken at face value safely.

Actually it started out as padding because 'Dorcan did just as he was told.' was kind of pointless as a post >:3  Then I began to wonder if there was a reason you didn't just move us all to the briefing room...

In any case, I've reverted it back to its original intent, i.e. moving Dorcan to the briefing room.

Ryudo Lee

We're just waiting on Arc to make a post.  Though I doubt he'll have anything to contribute to the armory.  :3

~ ~

I've been playing around with an idea for something as an aside to the primary goal (stopping the Brotherhood) that would probably interest some of you, so I'd like to get an opinion from you guys.  I've been playing around with the idea of having pre-apocalypse ruins being situated around the world.  Of course the rebellion would have an interest in them, for the sake of preservation of history, and protecting them from the Brotherhood, since they are from the magic-era, the Brotherhood would want to destroy them.  So the rebellion would be excavating the ruins, and maybe find something of interest in them.  Just something to give the world more substance, y'know?  What do you guys think of that?