DBZ movie cast

Started by Jack McSlay, May 23, 2008, 05:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

http://kotaku.com/5010597/dragonball-movie-cast-pictures

to me it looks more like they want to rape DBZ worst than Michael Bay raped Transformers. Seriously, Chow as master Kame?  :mowdizzy
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Ryudo Lee

Oh god, someone please tell me this whole thing is a hoax.  This is hurting my brain.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Brunhidden

correct me if im wrong, but wasn't DBZ already pre-raped?

QuoteOne of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

Actually, if you take out all the scenes of them training or powering up or trash-talking their opponent, you have just about enough actual story in Dragonball for a two-hour movie.

DBZ could fit into two two-minute shows (Egoraptor did it!). :B

DBZ-Nutshell 1

DBZ Nutshell 2

If the movie were that funny, it might actually be worth it.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Saist

I must be the only one who is thinking this isn't a half bad idea.  For me most of the cast is unkown, which is a lot more than I had expected for the movie. I'm not looking at stars being forced into roles they don't fit.

The exception might Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi... but my opinion is that the casting office actually made a good choice there. Chow Yun-Fat is known for a ton of high action martial arts flicks. For someone to be playing a mentor to Goku and Yamcha, I'm having a hard time coming up with a better actor off the top of my head.

Okay, I might buy that the cast list isn't desirable for DBZ fans... but seriously... would Vin Diesel ever agree to pay Piccolo-Daimaoh?

Also.. Jack... what the bloody mew are you talking about with Michael Bay and Transformers?

Gareeku

...a part of me just died inside.

JackLee1978

Quote from: Saist on May 24, 2008, 03:06:25 AMAlso.. Jack... what the bloody mew are you talking about with Michael Bay and Transformers?

Bernie Mac was in it more than a majority of the transformers.
StarScream was hardly in it.
(all that I could come up with at the moment)

Sunblink

Quote from: Gareeku on May 24, 2008, 07:43:54 AM
...a part of me just died inside.

Dude, same here. :< I loved the original Dragonball manga. I'm mortified.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

I know squat about Dragonball, but I feel your pain.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm just trying not to lose too many IQ points from reading this thread. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Saist

Quote from: JackLee1978 on May 24, 2008, 11:35:44 AM
Quote from: Saist on May 24, 2008, 03:06:25 AMAlso.. Jack... what the bloody mew are you talking about with Michael Bay and Transformers?

Bernie Mac was in it more than a majority of the transformers.
StarScream was hardly in it.
(all that I could come up with at the moment)

So you didn't get to see your favorite transformer all the time. Boo Hoo. Whine Cry. Try coming up with something legitimate please. Not some half baked excuse. Same goes for the Bernie Mac line.

llearch : trust me, if you had seen the cast list that Fox wanted back in 2005? You would be loosing IQ points at an exponential rate. Give you an idea of how bad it was? Jackie Chan was cast to play Goku.  I'll admit Jackie Chan is cool, a great actor, and wonderful at Martial Arts... but pulling off a well toned athlete in his late teens to mid 20's? Ain't happening.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Fortunately, I lack enough knowledge of DBZ to want to know anything like that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 24, 2008, 02:58:21 PM
Fortunately, I lack enough knowledge of DBZ to want to know anything like that. ;-]
If you want a tragedy, they're also de-making one of the BBC's most critically-acclaimed dramas ever:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_Darkness#Remake

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

at this rate we may someday see Mr. Rogers, the movie.

seriously, give me a bottle of vodka and i can do better then some of these obviously handicapped writers that make this tripe..... its sad to think how much money they make for spewing this slander against what was more or less innocent TV

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on May 23, 2008, 05:11:37 PM
Oh god, someone please tell me this whole thing is a hoax.  This is hurting my brain.

no, it's quite true. in fact the movie was supposed to be released this year along iron man...then like postal, the movie disappeared into oblivion.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Brunhidden

which is where it should stay!

what happened to the guards we posted? they're supposed to keep these abominations from escaping!

QuoteYou cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.

Angel

......No.

It was supposed to be dead.

It was settled. It wasn't going to happen. It was OVER.

WHO BROUGHT IT BACK?!?!?!?!  :cuss :boom

But seriously. It WON'T happen. Too many people will protest. If it does happen, I will personally see to it that several of the people involved in the idea of this travesty get rabid wolverines in their underwear.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Brunhidden

Quote from: Black_angel on May 24, 2008, 08:37:02 PM
I will personally see to it that several of the people involved in the idea of this travesty get rabid wolverines in their underwear.

okay, THAT i would pay to see

QuoteI've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.

Ryudo Lee

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Jim Halisstrad

I'm going to love Dragon Marry Sue the musical/movie almost as much as I loved Blood Rayne the movie.
I love it for the fans of japanamation like I loved B.R. for the fans of super glamgoth vampires.
The only way this could be filled with more lulz is if Meatloaf played Piccalo
And their making an AKIRA movie? AHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHA who's playing Calore and is she still going to get eaten by the giant Tetsuo man baby?
Every time an otak-y cries over the degregation of their holy works I laugh until I burst vital veins :D

Alondro

I noted at the bottom of the Robotech movie announcement that a Voltron picture is planned..

I suspect it'll be JUST AS GOOD as the recent Speed Racer movie.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Destina Faroda

This movie isn't going to be terrible because of the casting.   It's going to be terrible because the cartoony style of Dragonball does not translate well into real life.  It's going to be terrible because it is adapting a several, very distinct story arcs into one plot.   It's going to be terrible because this movie has been released a good five years too late for it to make any money, and the producers are just throwing it out there to see what happens.

It would have been a far better idea to simply adapt the very first story arc for the first movie.  No Piccolo, just, I dunno, introduce the main characters and the very concept of the Dragon Balls.  Given that this story has already been told in movie format, it wouldn't even take that much work to adapt.
Sig coming...whenever...

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 24, 2008, 12:20:13 PM
I know squat about Dragonball, but I feel your pain.
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 24, 2008, 12:37:59 PM
I'm just trying not to lose too many IQ points from reading this thread. :-/

I'm happy to report I know nothing about DBZ. Can I join your club too? :mowhappy
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Angel

Quote from: JackLee1978 on May 26, 2008, 11:21:31 PM
There's also these two gems to look forward to.

Akira with Leonardo DiCaprio as Kaneda  and Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Tetsuo

:erk :erk :erk They're making...the pinnacle...of anime as we know it... into... a Leo Dicaprio movie.....

.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:/life
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Kenji

Actually, the thing that sticks out most as "WTF" about this movie for me...

Is that Goku is wearing leather bracers.
Were blue sweatbands too hard to find?

Jack McSlay

I seriously hope this Comic/Cartoon to Movie thing is just a fad.

Just because Spiderman, Batman and some others can result in decent yet totally unimpressive movies, doesn't mean you should make a movie out of every sucessful franchise around.

Robotech, for once, I can view it as a movie without looking completely retarded, but still you got to figure out how the heck are you going to make a movie out of an 80-episode anime.

And while I haven't seen the Speed Racer movie, from the trailer alone it seems they raped the anime completely.

Just hope they don't decide to revive that dreaded Evangelion movie, with cyber godzillas in place of the evas. That would bring us the third impact
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Jack McSlay on May 30, 2008, 09:26:23 AM
And while I haven't seen the Speed Racer movie, from the trailer alone it seems they raped the anime completely.

the critics i saw on that movie described it, accurately to what i hear, as 'give a barrel of monkeys energy drinks, and then let them ride bumper cars at chuck-e-cheez'. this does not sound like quality entertainment.

plus everyone ive talked to says john  goodman looks like they just added a mario mustash, which is goofy.

QuoteAn idealist believes the short run doesn't count. A cynic believes the long run doesn't matter. A realist believes that what is done or left undone in the short run determines the long run.

Alondro

I just saw the first episode of the re-vamped re-make of Evangelion.

It's much clearer on what's going on, and the Angels are much cooler!  Especially the big diamond-shaped one, which now changes shape as it fires.  And it's offensive capability is awesome!

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Jack McSlay on May 30, 2008, 09:26:23 AM
Robotech, for once, I can view it as a movie without looking completely retarded, but still you got to figure out how the heck are you going to make a movie out of an 80-episode anime.

Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Genesis Climber Mospeada, and Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross would like to have a word with you about that combined piece of madness.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.