16/05/08 [DMFA #904] - Sleepy Time

Started by Tapewolf, May 16, 2008, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Psaakyrn on May 16, 2008, 09:29:24 PM
Possibly because she's still drained of magic? (we don't know exactly how her body's being controlled)

If she was still drained of magic, she wouldn't be able to put Aliyka to sleep. Whatever drained or blocked her magic when they were captured is obviously wearing off. As for not moving when Dan was taking her down, maybe she was resting a bit or considering how strangers (to the zombie condition) would react. Attacking when she did was likely to expedite her reassembly (fights delay things) so they could go rescue her friends.

Quote from: Dracora on May 16, 2008, 09:37:53 PM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 16, 2008, 09:17:23 PM
As for the partial dismemberment, maybe DP didn't realize she was a zombie until after the first arm and leg (not bleeding), whether he was hungry or not. If he was after a meal, I would think zombie flesh is usually avoided by the living. Beheading would keep her out of trouble until he could get back to finish the job.

Errr, who says DP is living? He does seem to rise from the grave often enough....

Remember, this is Dan's first encounter with DP, so I think it's likely he's living. As for later confrontations, there's a difference between undead and resurrected (assuming he was killed at the conclusion of each encounter).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jack McSlay

Woo kinky... I imagine being able to do such thing can be very useful.

as for DP being undead of not, he wouldn't be the first villain around to die and get back multiple times. the same applies to a lot of fighting game bosses
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Brunhidden

is it wrong that i am suddenly incredibly attracted to the bunny torso that just blasted someone?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Raffe

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 17, 2008, 01:56:34 AM
is it wrong that i am suddenly incredibly attracted to the bunny torso that just blasted someone?
Delicious torso, you must hit it.
Hooray ellipsis!

Foxfire

Well, Amber never did say which powerful demon created the undead race, did she? Maybe it's a hint! 

Madmann135

for not trying to hurt Aliyka, Dan did seem to fare pretty well in defending against her beserker rage.
Though Aliyka might need a few stiches for that arm.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Grenn

At this point in time, Dan's brain us undergoing an OMGWTFBBQ moment. :blink

RyuuYareYare

:zombiekun2 .............. awkward. if i wass dan id probably run.

Netrogo

I've been feeling somewhat bad about not keeping up with the forums lately (Real life and WoW are consuming my time >.< ) However after finding out that Amber spoiled the 'Hanners is undead bwa hah' post I just found out about I'm glad I wasn't here because I did NOT see that coming and it's hilarious.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Naldru

Quote from: Deebs on May 17, 2008, 12:53:00 AM
Does Dan ever use his wings? For attack? push off floor? balance? to wrap? grapple combo?
Well, he did use them once once for making coffee, but it wasn't intentional.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Brunhidden

i can just see her hopping down the hallway, dan holding her head to help her aim, and using the remaining limb as a club

Ren Gaulen

I have noticed a peculiar thing. Hannah is holding her removed arm to launch the spell, rather than the arm that is still attached. Apparently she uses only her left arm to channel magical energy. Which brings a question: does she need to actually hold her arm to launch a spell, or she can launch it even if the arm is lying somewhere, so she needed to hold it only for targeting purposes? While I'm sure that the right answer is the former, the latter opens some comical, albeit morbid, possibilities.

Dan, jumping out from the corner and pointing Hannah's left arm glowing with eerie energies at a bunch of guards: "Drop your weapons! Hands up! >:D"
Guards: "Look out! He's armed! Armed and dangerous!! 'A'"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nah.

Dan is mostly 'armless.

*cough*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Wait, I have just realized another thing. How can Hannah speak if her head is removed? Does not she need lungs to speak? Then again, imagine the same scene, but with Hannah completely silent! Now that's scary! >:3

Lucheek

Screw Aim, that's wonderful balance. She's standing on one leg, while holding her arm and shooting magic. Geez.

And I'm glad Hannah's "alive". (I didn't read that forum post.) :3

Aleolus

O.O  AWESOME!  SHE'S NOT DEAD!  Creepy as all hell, but still awesome!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aleolus on May 17, 2008, 11:46:02 AM
O.O  AWESOME!  SHE'S NOT DEAD!

Er... I hate to be the one to break it to you... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Raffe

Quote from: Naldru on May 17, 2008, 06:52:04 AM
Quote from: Deebs on May 17, 2008, 12:53:00 AM
Does Dan ever use his wings? For attack? push off floor? balance? to wrap? grapple combo?
Well, he did use them once once for making coffee, but it wasn't intentional.
Flashback. No wing shaping yet.
So far it seems he moves his wings mostly to shock.
Hooray ellipsis!

Ren Gaulen

Raffe

Fa'Lina yes, but Dan hasn't shown it.
Except for balancing once http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_659.php .
Hooray ellipsis!

Brunhidden

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 17, 2008, 08:02:44 AM
I have noticed a peculiar thing. Hannah is holding her removed arm to launch the spell, rather than the arm that is still attached. Apparently she uses only her left arm to channel magical energy. Which brings a question: does she need to actually hold her arm to launch a spell, or she can launch it even if the arm is lying somewhere, so she needed to hold it only for targeting purposes? While I'm sure that the right answer is the former, the latter opens some comical, albeit morbid, possibilities.

Dan, jumping out from the corner and pointing Hannah's left arm glowing with eerie energies at a bunch of guards: "Drop your weapons! Hands up! >:D"
Guards: "Look out! He's armed! Armed and dangerous!! 'A'"

perhaps if the severed arm is the blaster, dan could leave the body behind, carry the head and the arm, aim the arm, and just tell her to blast

essentially a low tech/ magic version of the plasma rifle

QuoteIts glowy time!

Raffe

....Dan needs to wear her head as a helmet and her arm as a wrist blaster...
Hooray ellipsis!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Deebs on May 17, 2008, 04:17:34 PM
....Dan needs to wear her head as a helmet and her arm as a wrist blaster...

... :erk

She is not hollow, you know...

Raffe

Some helmets are worn on top of the head with a strap or such keeping it on.
Or Dan could do the two-headed bit
Hooray ellipsis!

PurpleCheeseLlama

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

I still say he should carry her head around with him in a bag or backpack.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raffe

Or have one of thos old ice cream trucks with the head on top.
Except its her head, and instead of normal music, shes singing.
What oh what kind of truck could it be?
Hooray ellipsis!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Deebs on May 17, 2008, 06:17:47 PM
Or have one of thos old ice cream trucks with the head on top.
Except its her head, and instead of normal music, shes singing.
What oh what kind of truck could it be?

It will deliver frozen brains for zombie kids. It won't work in DMFA, though, since there are no zombie kids there.

Raffe

OOOOH! Her head on top would be spinning and she would sing "You spin me right round"
And it would be a mobile possesion van!
Hate your neighbors? Have us possess them?
Hooray ellipsis!