Battle of the Se- Whoa, Abel!

Started by Rithm Alfortele, May 09, 2008, 08:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

Quote from: Naldru on May 11, 2008, 12:05:04 AM
Are you saying that Abel has created his own brand of evil jerkdom?

However, I don't see Abel as coming on to Jyrras.

I don't think that Abel can read Jyrras's mind because I don't think he would deliberately do partial work.  However, I think that a few hundred years of living in SAIA have exposed to every sort of normal and deviant thought, and his experience lets him know exactly what Jyrras is saying.

Please notice what Abel is saying:  "Only if I can give an impersonal answer"

He isn't giving a "come hither" look.  He's giving a "Come on.  You've got to be kidding" look.

Lies! Lies I tell you! That expression is too smirky to be a "you've got to be kidding" expression. It seems to me that it is an "I know just what you're going to ask, and I am looking at you like this to make you hot-and-bothered" expression.

I don't think I've ever used the word "expression" that many times in one sitting.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

thegayhare

Quote from: Goatmon on May 11, 2008, 02:01:44 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 10, 2008, 03:38:28 PM
Quote from: ChaoSynergy on May 10, 2008, 02:01:10 PM
Abel is like Renamon, in the fact that everyone is furry for him.

I'm not.

Yeah, well, you smell funny. 

well thats because some of the feline forum members have filled him with kitty litter...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Is -that- what that stuff is?

I thought it was kibble. Nyomnyomnyomnyom.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 10, 2008, 08:58:25 AM
Does anyone remember how long the war is running for?
I might end up having to flip a coin or something.
Didn't they previously run a whole month (or close)? I'm not positive.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 10, 2008, 03:51:23 PM
*sarcasm* Renamon? Who is it? Never heard of him. :P *sarcasm* Anyway, I would rather compare Abel to Bridget. As in "Everyone's gay for him". Unless you are in Soviet Russia, of course. :3
then Soviet Russia is gay for you?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lego3400

Damn it. I don't speak one point fonteese either! I wanna know what he's saying now!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 11, 2008, 08:01:40 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 10, 2008, 03:51:23 PM
*sarcasm* Renamon? Who is it? Never heard of him. :P *sarcasm* Anyway, I would rather compare Abel to Bridget. As in "Everyone's gay for him". Unless you are in Soviet Russia, of course. :3
then Soviet Russia is gay for you?

Well, originally I implied that in Soviet Russia Abel is gay for you, but then I have realized that even Soviet Russia may be gay for Abel. At least I know for sure that comrade Mab Stalin approves of him.

(First the immortal Empress of Catkind, then the Chair(wo)man of the Council of People's Commissars; today the Earth, tomorrow - the Universe! :3)

Don

My theories on Jyrras now are A) he'll suck it up and ask whatever he wants to know. B) chicken out and change the question. The tiny lettering I tried zooming in on but it didn't make it any clearer and there's proboblly very good reason as to why it can't be seen most likly as it may be repeated in visiable text for the next post. I seriously hope Jyrras doesn't shy away from whatever he's trying to ask..

Qwisty

I think he ased if Abel was gay. But thats just me.  >:3

Don

Quote from: Qwisty on May 11, 2008, 09:02:27 PM
I think he ased if Abel was gay. But thats just me.  >:3

Actually that's what i'm partially thinking wich is why I have a theorie he may shy out of asking the question and change the topic completely. Honestly I think he should just get it over with and ask but it's understandable to be cautious/shy with the topic as he has no idea as how Abel would react to the question. I think they'd be happy together but all things take time.

I actually think how their relationship is developing is very well done..I just think Jyrras should hurry up and ask.

Alondro

*Charline squee!*  I predict horrible bloody death soon!   :boogie

Well, maybe not... I can dream can't I?   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

stiletto

What sort of wallpaper do we get if the two tie?

Personally, I'm hoping for a hot makeout session Jy and Abel just behind the banner, but something tells me we won't be getting that  :B Maybe the two replacements will walk up next and interrupt Jyrras.

Angel

:erk Cutest... Jyrras face... ever...

(dies from diabetic shock, then resurrects herself so she can get her homework done)

That is all.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Rithm Alfortele

Well, I can certainly understand one-point fontese.  At least in this scenario.

Abel, Jyrras is asking if you are g-- *squished by a random object*

Don

Quote from: stiletto on May 11, 2008, 10:52:07 PM
What sort of wallpaper do we get if the two tie?

Personally, I'm hoping for a hot makeout session Jy and Abel just behind the banner, but something tells me we won't be getting that  :B Maybe the two replacements will walk up next and interrupt Jyrras.

I was thinking they were going to have this conversation in the main comic, however if they talk about all of that during this wallpaper war it saves alot of time. Of course I'd like to see them talk about it in the main comic as it gives their union more attention as well as a good background envirement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: 96Zack96 on May 11, 2008, 09:12:32 PM
I actually think how their relationship is developing is very well done..I just think Jyrras should hurry up and ask.

If he did, it'd ruin all the setup so far and it would guarantee that things go badly.

Victoire Épique

Jyrras... adorable... teeth... rotting... :U

I want Jyrras to ask properly, but...
I'm not expecting him to.
Not in a wallpaper war, at least.
Of course, I wouldn't mind being wrong. :P

LionHeart

Quote from: thegayhare on May 11, 2008, 04:12:01 PM

I'm not.

well thats because some of the feline forum members have filled him with kitty litter...
Not guilty. It was probably Charline...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Don

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 12, 2008, 04:11:09 AM
Quote from: 96Zack96 on May 11, 2008, 09:12:32 PM

If he did, it'd ruin all the setup so far and it would guarantee that things go badly.

True..it is a very delicate process and the setup as you said would be practically destroyed..I think i'm going to stop talking now however. There's nothing more for me to really say here till the next update.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: 96Zack96 on May 12, 2008, 11:34:22 AM
I think i'm going to stop talking now however.

Great! One down, 782 to go...

;-]

Saist

Quote from: thegayhare on May 11, 2008, 04:12:01 PM

I'm not.

I did NO such thing! I only filled him with Pringles Brand Packing Peanuts.

(and as to the earlier discussion about who people would go furry for if they weren't already furry... can I nominate Wildy?)

Gamma

Being two dimensional lettering has its advantages. :)
-Not being filled with unusual things for one.
-If I turn on edge for you strange "Thirdies," I disappear.;)

Yep it's great, I can't think of a sing-

*Realizes he can't hug Wildy.*
Aww....  :cry
*slips through a floor crack leaving his rings behind*
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Lucheek

I can speak 1 fontese. :mwaha

I don't think that we can exactly count the things in the Wallpaper war as being Canon in the sense that the characters will remember the actions in the comic.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Lucheek on May 12, 2008, 08:01:14 PM
I can speak 1 fontese. :mwaha

I don't think that we can exactly count the things in the Wallpaper war as being Canon in the sense that the characters will remember the actions in the comic.

I, too, have acquired the ability to speak 1 fonteese! :3

But seriously, what happens in Wallpaper Wars stays in Wallpaper Wars.

Sofox

I dunno, it seems delightfully ebil of Amber to include a central plot moment outside of the comic itself...

...having said that, I don't think it will happen.

Victoire Épique

Alas, while I have learned much of the point one fontese language, I still have a long way to go...
Mostly in the speaking and listening departments.
Reading and writing, I am perfectly capable, but no further. :<

...Perhaps if Jyrras asked in point three fontese, Abel would be able to understand it better? :eager

Tapewolf

Well, the reverse technique would be to get the font, type out a few guesses of what you think it says and see if it looks the same when reduced down.  You can calibrate on the words that we can make out...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

predicted answer- abel replies with a varriant of 'try and find out someday' or 'like im going to tell you'

cause he be a horses rear
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 13, 2008, 09:43:35 AM
predicted answer- abel replies with a varriant of 'try and find out someday' or 'like im going to tell you'

cause he be a horses rear

Predicted answer: Abel repoies with something like: "Most certainly not.... though I might be bi."
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Naldru

Just because so many people were discussing it, I blew up the image to look at the word in question.  It is definitely a squiggle, although it could be described as a sinuous squiggle, if that means anything.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Psaakyrn on May 13, 2008, 12:38:28 PM

Predicted answer: Abel repoies with something like: "Most certainly not.... though I might be bi."

Are you sure?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius