CN Tech Trading Outpost (Next Round: 2008-08-01)

Started by Tezkat, May 07, 2008, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Darkdragon suggested a separate thread to keep track of our tech trading activities. I'll index it by seller and try to keep it up to date.

Here are the currently planned trades (completed steps in italics).

Darkdragon (Alizarin Isles)

Round 1: (Completed 2008-07-13)

$3 million from llearch
50 tech to Kasarn
50 tech to Tezkat

Round 2: (Completed 2008-07-24)

$3 million from Tezkat
50 tech to Kasarn
50 tech to llearch

Round 3: (2008-08-02)

$3 million from Kasarn
50 tech to Tezkat
50 tech to llearch

James (Mistaria)

Round 1: (Completed 2008-07-10)

$3 million from llearch
50 tech to Tezkat
50 tech to Kasarn

Round 2: (Completed 2008-07-24)

$3 million from Tezkat
50 tech to llearch
50 tech to Kasarn

Round 3: (2008-08-01)

$3 million from Kasarn
50 tech to Tezkat
50 tech to llearch

SECONDARY TRADE: (Middlemen Cog and Valynth)

Round 1: (complete)

$3 million from Tezkat to Cog
$3 million from Cog to James
50 tech from James to Valynth

$3 million from Tezkat to Valynth
$3 million from Valynth to Darkdragon
50 tech from Darkdragon to Cog

Round 2: (complete)

50 tech from Darkdragon to Cog  (complete)
50 tech from Cog to Tezkat

50 tech from James to Valynth (complete)
50 tech from Valynth to Tezkat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

James StarRunner

Hmm... I must have misunderstood. I thought it was $3mil per 50 tech and not 100. I spent a hefty bit of the 'extra' in my infra already. So in my ignorance, kinda screwed Kasarn this round... With 3 out of my 4 foreign aid slots full, I can not receive more financial aid and give Kasarn the tech I owe him. I have enough for an even 20 tech. I can either send the 20 tech now, or be more frugal in my spending and give all 50 next round.

Kasarn

Don't worry about it. There's no rush and I hadn't explicitly said yes at the time anyway.
If it wouldn't mess up this plan, I probably would've sent you the cash anyway.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tez,

Might be worth tagging expected dates on there, so I know when to start coughing up the large sums of cash...

I make it sometime on the afternoon of the 17th, I can send cash to both of them. Or possibly the 16th. Or the 18th. I can never tell...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Quote from: Kasarn on May 08, 2008, 06:03:22 AM
Don't worry about it. There's no rush and I hadn't explicitly said yes at the time anyway.
If it wouldn't mess up this plan, I probably would've sent you the cash anyway.

Hmm... actually, that's still doable...

I could bump you up up so that you're the one funding round 2 for James. He's got Gold, so 50 tech should be $813k (or $772k if you do the 4.5-10-10-10-10-5.5 purchase thing). Even if he kept enough to pay for 3 x 50 tech, that should still be enough to grab a Foreign Ministry. It's not a lot of profit for the run though. And even if he's a little short, he still has a week of tax collections before delivering the tech to me and llearch.

We'd need another intermediary to deliver your tech, though, if you still want it.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 08, 2008, 06:29:39 AM
Tez,

Might be worth tagging expected dates on there, so I know when to start coughing up the large sums of cash...

I make it sometime on the afternoon of the 17th, I can send cash to both of them. Or possibly the 16th. Or the 18th. I can never tell...

Is $6 million really "large sums of cash" at this size? :mowtongue

Heh... I haven't tested the expiry dates since the aid bug was fixed, so I'm not sure myself. I'll put up tentative dates assuming an 11 day delay, though.

Kasarn

Well, I sent him the cash.

By sending him cash, it was purely cash to spend on himself (or whatever he likes).
"Mess up" was a little strongly worded. I just meant that, in the original plan, there'd be a 3 day delay between being able to send tech to you and being able to send tech to me (at least, directly).

So there's no real need to change the plan at all.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on May 08, 2008, 08:25:20 AM

For me? Not terribly. Two days worth of collections, minus a little spending money.

For James? ... ah... Let me think about that a little... ;-]

Tezkat

Quote from: Kasarn on May 08, 2008, 09:48:38 AM
Well, I sent him the cash.

By sending him cash, it was purely cash to spend on himself (or whatever he likes).
"Mess up" was a little strongly worded. I just meant that, in the original plan, there'd be a 3 day delay between being able to send tech to you and being able to send tech to me (at least, directly).

So there's no real need to change the plan at all.

Okay... back to the original plan, then. :3

Suggestions for James... get back up to 50 tech in preparation for the next trade and spend the rest on infra, Factories, and a Foreign Ministry.

James StarRunner

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 08, 2008, 09:58:34 AM
Quote from: Tezkat on May 08, 2008, 08:25:20 AM

For me? Not terribly. Two days worth of collections, minus a little spending money.

For James? ... ah... Let me think about that a little... ;-]
Heck yes, that's a lot of money for me! Wasn't expecting to go change plans like that. I still feel bad that Kasarn won't get his tech this round, but since I have the ministry now, I could send another 50 tech this round to someone else.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Honestly, James, don't worry about it.

I mean, I know I'm pulling down over 3 million a day -after- taxes. I'd expect Kasarn to be in the same ballpark. It'd be nice for you to supply the tech later, but we're really not worried about it.

The whole point of this tech trade is to supply a reasonable excuse for pumping the small nations up in a big way. *grin* That we get tech is nice, but, on the whole, not a big deal. We're past the point where it makes a big difference, at this stage all we get is increments. And not very big ones, either.

*shrug*

Tezkat

Well, we now know that the aid limit is ten CN days, where it's supposed to be. I've revised the timetable. Darkdragon should have an aid slot for llearch open by tomorrow.

I guess our tech trading with James is suspended until the war with Blitzkrieg is over. He's gonna be collecting some free tech there anyway. >:]

Darkdragon

As Tezkat notes, I will have an aid slot open tomorrow, I would also like to state that I'll be staying up late anyways. Therefore, if either llreach or Kasarn are going to be around at that time an early delivery would be nice.

Furthermore, for the second person, it would be best if he could accept my offer before 3PM CN time, as that leaves ample time in the afternoon for concluding the deal on the same day. Thanks in advance.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tez, might i suggest links to the countries in question as a way of keeping track?

For now, not a big deal, but might help with some of those folks who have different names on the forum and on CN...

(Yeah, ok, I'm lazy...)

Tezkat

Darkdragon

This sounds really silly, but I just noticed Tezkat misspelled my name in the first post. >.<

Tezkat

Meh... the keys are close together. Or something.  :mowtongue

James StarRunner

With my opponents being so overwhelmed and having 3 of my aid slots open now (and the 4th opening tonight I think), I believe I can resume my tech trading.

Tezkat

We'll need an intermediary for that to work, though. I already sent you aids this week.

James StarRunner

Oh... Well it is llearch's turn to send monies, but I do see a problem now with sending you tech since you do have an aid slot with me already... Hmm...

Tezkat

Maybe Valynth or Cog will volunteer as intermediaries. That will of course affect the secondary tech trading thing we had planned, but then we probably won't get to that while the war is still on, anyway.

llearch n'n'daCorna

So I should cough up 3 mil to James? Can do.

James StarRunner

Is there anyone then who has more than enough aid slots left to send my 50 tech to Tez?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cogidubnus

If people need to use my trade slots, by all means. I haven't been paying attention, though, so you might need to spell out what I need to do for me...

James StarRunner

Quote from: Cogidubnus on May 19, 2008, 10:41:23 AM
If people need to use my trade slots, by all means. I haven't been paying attention, though, so you might need to spell out what I need to do for me...
Accept the aid offer from Mistaria and send it via aid to http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=109963 (Tezkat)

Thanks!

----

Tech sent to Cog, who should in turn give it to you Tez. And with this, my 2nd round is done.

Darkdragon

A reminder: The Final round of trading with me would start in a few hours; Kasarn, get ready.

Tezkat

Hmm... so, we're finally done with the first cycles. I thought that went well. Shall we try for another set?

Are Cog and Valynth still on board for the secondary trading set I described earlier?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm up for a second rinse. I'm wondering if we've reached the point where more than the Big Three might be capable of joining in, though...

James StarRunner

Ya, I'm willing to go again. After all, I have microchips. Supplying tech is easy for me. :3

Tezkat

Okay... I restarted the main cycles and started the secondary program we had planned to use up the last two of our farmers' aid slots. It needs two middlemen (Cog and Valynth), and the farmers need to hold on to enough cash to rebuy tech after 10 days. Yay for convoluted aid slot management! :3

Is it clear enough? I wasn't sure what the best way to lay out the trades with middlemen...