CN Tech Trading Outpost (Next Round: 2008-08-01)

Started by Tezkat, May 07, 2008, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdragon

Why don't we (the suppliers), instead of giving the 50 tech to the middlemen in round two, wait for the original Cycle 1, Round 3 to expire? Thus, I could return the offer 5 days faster directly.

Tezkat

Huh? Presumably, the original cycles will keep going until suppliers get bored or decide it's no longer worth their while, so the big three will always have an aid slot already dedicated to the suppliers (either going up or down, depending on which round). The purposes of the middleman trade is to use up those last 2 aid slots and get the rest of the alliance involved. Basically, each supplier has 3 slots dedicated to the Big Three, and 2 more free for a 2x2 cross purchase. As it happens, I'm financing this round as well in return for a little tech, but it could get everyone else into the spirit of tech trading.

Eventually, our suppliers will outgrow this thing, and we'll have to look outside the alliance for supplies anyway. You're already a bit large to be maintaining only 50 tech, actually. So I thought we'd use up those slots while we've got em. :3

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Darkdragon

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

Cogidubnus

Two people have given me foreign aid. I haven't been paying attention here, so, what do I dooo.  D:

James StarRunner

QuoteSECONDARY TRADE: (Middlemen Cog and Valynth)

Round 1: (2008-05-30)

$3 million from Tezkat to Cog
$3 million from Cog to James

50 tech from James to Valynth

$3 million from Tezkat to Valynth
$3 million from Valynth to Darkdragon
50 tech from Darkdragon to Cog

Round 2: (2008-06-09)

50 tech from Darkdragon to Cog
50 tech from Cog to Tezkat

50 tech from James to Valynth
50 tech from Valynth to Tezkat
Looks like you are to give me the $3 mil that Tez gave you now and hold on to the 50 tech Darkdragon gives you till round 2 to give to Tez.

Valynth

I sent the 3 mill, and got my 50 tech.  Let me know if you need anything else.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Darkdragon

Quote from: Tezkat on May 07, 2008, 08:47:50 PM
Round 2: (2008-06-15)

$3 million from llearch
50 tech to Kasarn
50 tech to Tezkat
*nudges llearch*

I also apologize in advance for necro-ing a dead thread. I believe this thread serves us well, and a new thread is not needed.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I was wondering when my turn was.

Edit:
At least we're back in sync, now. 3 large to each of James and DD, awaiting approval.

Edit Edit:
Ah... it's not totally necro until it's over a month. The 2 weeks is a warning, not a firm line.

And we can let it slide for some of the sub-areas where things are less busy anyway. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

The last secondary trade operation expired a few days ago. It seemed pretty successful. Anyone interested in starting up a new round?

James StarRunner

I wouldn't mind, especially now since tech hardly costs anything for me. ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

I wouldn't mind, but I don't know that I'm suitable to join in... ;-]

Tezkat

Well, you're welcome to jump in. We need to sort out our middleman participation first, of course.

(Anyone want more free monies? :mowcookie)

Darkdragon

I apologize for my sudden disappearance as filial duties call, and will continue to occupy me for perhaps the next two weeks. I will attend to my nation, but I perhaps with such detail as I like.

Tezkat

New cycle potentially starting on Thursday. Are we a go?

Also, would any of our new members like to join in?

James StarRunner

llearch n'n'daCorna

Likewise. I'm not sure I have all the requirements, though...

Tezkat

Well, I'll see if I can't start us up tomorrow then. I might be a little late, though, since my Fish-Uranium trade just dropped (on the day I was planning to buy a Manhattan Project, no less :animesweat), so my nation is a little messed up right now.

Maybe someone else would like to be first round buyer instead?

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 09, 2008, 04:17:11 PM
Likewise. I'm not sure I have all the requirements, though...

Huh?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sufficient ports of aid. I think I have 5, not 6. I'm not sure if that makes enough of a difference.

Where would you like me to start?

Tezkat

I updated the list. Basically, I just swapped our spots. You should actually be able to start with James today, if you have the cash on hand.

I don't see why lack of aid slots would be an issue. At least not until we have a lot more people joining the tech trading program.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, I meant secondary trading. Which I'd also be up for.

I'll organise the cash for James now...

Darkdragon

I get the feeling that I have crossed the fine line which makes it more profitable to amass tech rather than selling it. While I do not know exactly where the fine line stands, I require some help in determining if such trades are to continue or not.

(I only noticed when I calculated that I need some 35 million to get over the 4000 infra jump and my brain went "hold your horses!")

Kasarn

Quote from: Darkdragon on August 09, 2008, 11:02:44 PM
(I only noticed when I calculated that I need some 35 million to get over the 4000 infra jump and my brain went "hold your horses!")

35m for the 4k jump is way too high. You only need about 100 infra to make the jump and, with 35m, I could buy roughly 175 infra.