03/29/08 [#71] - Someone's in Truuuuuble...

Started by stiletto, March 29, 2008, 09:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiletto

Cypress' logic seems to be a wee bit flawed in this regards.

Though I don't get what that 'should have pulled Jigsaw out to swap her for him' is trying to say. I'll just ask the real Jig when she's around though  >:3

Really, it would have been smart of Vince to get a celeste on the show that, you know, wasn't a mass murdering cult leader. Gives it a little variety for the choices.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: stiletto on March 29, 2008, 09:15:55 PM
Really, it would have been smart of Vince to get a celeste on the show that, you know, wasn't a mass murdering cult leader. Gives it a little variety for the choices.
I am fairly certain it has to do with some important politics or power structure that we are currently unaware of, having to do only with Arikos being a celeste, not a mass-murderer. There are some higher-ups trying to manipulate something around here, we just don't know who or what.

stiletto

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 29, 2008, 09:18:31 PM
Quote from: stiletto on March 29, 2008, 09:15:55 PM
I am fairly certain it has to do with some important politics or power structure that we are currently unaware of, having to do only with Arikos being a celeste, not a mass-murderer. There are some higher-ups trying to manipulate something around here, we just don't know who or what.

I know, that's what I'm saying. If Cypress and Vince knew they were going to have to get a Celeste chosen for a lieutenant, then they shouldn't have made the only Celeste to choose from be so unappealing. He's fat, he's a jerk, he's manipulative, and he's known for rape and murder and all sorts of bad stuff. Why didn't they get another choice in there.

Stupid N00bie

I think that he was one of the few where the conviction actually stuck, what with ultra-heinous crimes and all (thanks SVU).  The Celeste seem to be one of the races that want all of the others to see them as a "oooh, look at us! We're so good and sweet and nice. Everyone loves us!"

Or I could be completely wrong.
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

stiletto

As far as I know, all of their convictions stuck. Most of them are facing either life in prison or the death penalty, it's how they got on the show in the first place. And in my opinion, the Celeste seem less of "we're really nice," and more of "we're obviously superior."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: stiletto on March 30, 2008, 12:56:20 AM
As far as I know, all of their convictions stuck. Most of them are facing either life in prison or the death penalty, it's how they got on the show in the first place. And in my opinion, the Celeste seem less of "we're really nice," and more of "we're obviously superior."

I thing N00bie meant "one of the few Celeste" rather than "one of the few players" - it's acknowledged that all the players, barring the four volunteers, are guilty as hell. Heck, the volunteers aren't all shining knights in armour, either.

It seems to me, though, that the situation we have is that the Celeste, or at least -some- of them, are bankrolling the whole shebang, and they'd like for there to be a Celeste for them to cheer for. However, since they're apparently all "jerk and manipulative"-y, they don't see why anyone would have problems with accepting Arikos... and Cypress, lucky girl that she is, is going to have to explain it to them.

Certainly all the Celeste we know about by name - Arikos, and "Candycane" from Slick's background - as well as all the snide remarks passed about don't paint them in a good light.

Note that much of this is speculation, but it seems to hang together so far...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

to me Mr. Chubbsy seems to have the same appeal as when some people i know were tlaking about criminals and were stating how all the serial killers who get away with things for a long time are white, and take this as a form of pride over the stereotypical african american who pulls a gun in plain sight and gets swarmed by cops. similar to having pride that mobsters like al capone were able to walk around in broad daylight and greet police as opposed to the 'mexican mafia' and the 'latin kings' where virtually the entire hierarchy is in jail and half the gang members get shot on a weekly basis.

yeah, i can see how the celestial audience can take satisfaction with 'everyone else is in for petty crimes but our dude had an entire doomsday cult' and feel that lesser crimes are beneath them.

other then that about the only way i can see the boss lady saving her scaly booty is by staging Mr. Clean to die horribly within the next few hours so white has to pick again..... snack time for jiggy?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Fuyudenki

assuming Qin actually knows he's a vampire, I suspect he'd have a significant advantage in a fight over Jigsaw, who doesn't know she's a vampire(but would herself have a massive advantage over any mortal character.)

Contractual Immortality notwithstanding, of course.  Even with the "Life is Cheap" setting Jiggy's advertising to us, I doubt she'd kill off her lead protagonist that easily.

Might actually be interesting to see all the "Dead inside" of Last Resort in a grudge match.  Not something I'd want to see from up-close.  In any case, my money's on Slick to be the first lieutenant to kick it... and be replaced by Arikos.(who would probably be blinded and go after Qin, Jigsaw, and Quinn.  Racist pig...)

Hmm... I'll go ahead and ask.  We've clearly got vampires in Last Resort.  Does any analog to Lycanthropy exist within the Last Resort universe?

stiletto

LAST RESORT DISTRIBUTORS INC
CCD RE::: Lycanthropy

I have been asked to address the issue of the possibility of Lycans by the senior management members of Last Resort Ltd.

Last Resort Enterprises does not wish to confirm or deny at this time the possible presence or existence of, as you expressed it, lycanthropes. We here at Last Resort Properties Unlimited would also like to add that we feel the concept of lycanthropy is outdated and somewhat racist in this modern world. Those who can change their form through various conscious and unconscious means are actually unique and complex organisms unto themselves, and thus do not wish to be stereotyped as changing into some other organism, as they are cellularly very different from that organism.

Last Resort Industries prides itself in taking the feelings of all living creatures into account, both those with and without non-mercurial physical forms. I hope this answers your question.

Frederin Wilhelm Graziari I
Legal Advisor
Last Resort Unlimited

Fuyudenki

So Lycanthropes and other Zoanthropes would be a subset of the shapeshifter Djinn race, represented by Alice Quinn?

Cause the only other meaning I was able to glean from that was that you're calling me a racist by restricting it to werewolves. :P

Yeah... I may have an unhealthy obsession.

stiletto

I'm glad we had this meeting. Your concerns will be passed along to the proper department.

Jigsaw Forte

Ah, the simple joys of the legal department...

llearch n'n'daCorna

You're -paying- him to do this?

Or is it all pro bono?

Fuyudenki

From what I heard a couple months ago, Stiletto may very well be paying Jiggy for the opportunity.

stiletto

llearch n'n'daCorna

... and mostly, it comes to Jigsaw... ;-]

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 31, 2008, 12:43:19 PM
... and mostly, it comes to Jigsaw... ;-]

Apparently innuendo has simple joys too  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna