04/06/08 [#72] - Holy Shiznit! Stiletto's a LAWYER!

Started by techmaster-glitch, April 06, 2008, 01:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

So, that's where his avatar comes from. Very interesting.

Pagan

This also explains why he always calls himself the Last Resort legal taskforce...
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

stiletto

I call myself a lot of things, but as far as character representations go (fursonas and what not), that guy there isn't actually me. That's a character from a story of mine, Graz. He recently appeared in DMFA too. Lawyers, they're useful everywhere.

Though he does from time to time borrow my user name to make legal announcements regarding Last Resort.

And since Jig has such a tremendous buffer, I was able to get a little avatar image long before the page ever came out. Wee hee!

llearch n'n'daCorna

heh. Nicely played, Stiletto. Nicely played.

Now... do we get to kill all the lawyers?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Reese Tora

I'm not a pirate, I'm a lawyer!
Kill the lawyer!
Not that kind of lawyer!

I have to wonder how the lawyers plan to bend the rules of thier own game to fix this "problem", though...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on April 06, 2008, 01:43:18 AM
This also explains why he always calls himself the Last Resort legal taskforce...
From the amount of hints he's dropped, why is anyone surprised?  >:3

Now I guess the next question is how they plan to fix the problem...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 06, 2008, 06:51:08 AM
Now I guess the next question is how they plan to fix the problem...

... I suggested the fix, didn't I? ;-]

Brunhidden

beware lawyers that are discretely heavily armed, for the 'discretely' does very little to console you.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 06, 2008, 10:53:17 AM
You may have to explain that more slowly.  I'm not quite sure how Graz committing suicide would help to get Arikos chosen...

stiletto

To bring things around slightly, no one has pointed out Nehine, the friggin peacock Celeste lawyer woman who, had Graz not been so graciously added, I imagine would be talking to Cypress all by her lonesome.

Who is she? What could she be there for! Suspense!

Also another new name Veled, even I don't know who the hell that is! But I can guess... and you people are supposed to be too! Who could cause Cypress enough distress to make her cry?

And how are they going to fix these problems of the universe?!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 06, 2008, 10:58:46 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 06, 2008, 10:53:17 AM
You may have to explain that more slowly.  I'm not quite sure how Graz committing suicide would help to get Arikos chosen...

... Oh. Were we supposed to be trying to fix that? I thought we were just supposed to be helping the world by removing lawyers. ;-]

stiletto

You cannot kill that which is hardly alive in the first place. Lawyers are really just Djinn that lost too much of their soul and spent too much time reading. Lawyers are an ecological standard, like weather. And just as annoying.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: stiletto on April 06, 2008, 04:21:35 PM
You cannot kill that which is hardly alive in the first place. Lawyers are really just Djinn that lost too much of their soul and spent too much time reading. Lawyers are an ecological standard, like weather. And just as annoying.

At this point I should remind folk that lawyers aren't Djinn by canon or anything... they just act like they are. :-p

AndersW

It looks like the redhead has the strange font behind her words in the third panel.

Quote from: Reese Tora on April 06, 2008, 05:22:38 AM
I'm not a pirate, I'm a lawyer!
Kill the lawyer!
Not that kind of lawyer!

I love that movie.

Stupid N00bie

I noticed that Nehine(Thanks stiletto!) was using the same trick that Arikos tried to pull with White Noise. Kinda feels like someone is trying to play some kinda mind voodoo.   :mwaha

Also, Heterochromia!  I hate that cliché!  Every other persona and/or fursona have it! 
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

stiletto

Quote from: Stupid N00bie on April 07, 2008, 01:11:55 AM
Also, Heterochromia!  I hate that cliché!  Every other persona and/or fursona have it! 

He doesn't have heterochromia, his eyes are like that because of a very different reason, but that won't be explored in the world of LR.

Brunhidden

my brother in law has a chunk of his one eye a different color then the rest- got his eye impaled in a work related accident with a steel spike. idiot surgeons tried stitching a chunk of someone else's eye to fill the gap in FEBRUARY and couldn't figure out why the stitches kept poping.

damned cool in a conversation when someone asks 'whats up with your eye' and you can reply 'oh, its not mine'

Fuyudenki

Quote from: stiletto on April 07, 2008, 07:11:14 AM
Quote from: Stupid N00bie on April 07, 2008, 01:11:55 AM

He doesn't have heterochromia, his eyes are like that because of a very different reason, but that won't be explored in the world of LR.

I was under the impression that heterochromia referred to any case in which the eyes were a nonuniform color.  Or do Graz's eyes change colors?

It's not the name of a cause, it's the name of a symptom.  Fever is any time when the body is producing abnormally much heat, for example.  Whether the cause is a cold or a fusion heater installed in the gut is irrelevant.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Volfram on April 07, 2008, 11:26:00 AM
I was under the impression that heterochromia referred to any case in which the eyes were a nonuniform color.
Literally it means something like 'different colours' so I'd be inclined to agree.

stiletto

You people and your semantics! Graz's eyes don't actually look like that, just like your brother in law, those aren't really his eyes. And they can change color. As Amber showed when he appeared in DMFA, he doesn't even have pupils most of the time.

...and I laughed really hard at:

"It's not the name of a cause, it's the name of a symptom.  Fever is any time when the body is producing abnormally much heat, for example.  Whether the cause is a cold or a fusion heater installed in the gut is irrelevant."

Stupid N00bie

Quote from: stiletto on April 07, 2008, 03:22:41 PM
Graz's eyes don't actually look like that, just like your brother in law, those aren't really his eyes.

Really?  'Cause they look like eyes, and they are located in the general area that eyes are supposed to be.
Are his eyes located on his fingers? Does he sniff them in the last panel?  Should I stop being such a ass?(nah)
Creation takes time.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

Brunhidden

heh, maybe one day use the line 'whats with your eyes?' 'oh, they're not mine'

only reason i had said it is i thought thats the reason, but its not many people you see with only half an eye replaced, and i am so glad it wasnt me cause it would be hell to find someone with the same iris as i do

stiletto

I wasn't even aware you could mix eye pieces together like that so easily. And I think I may use that line, it seems like something he might say...

And don't be mocking Graz. He hits in the face  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Stupid N00bie

hmmm... Now this is interesting to me.

Jigsaw draws Graz with a horn, while Amber does not. Does it go poof sometimes, or is that artists discretion?
EDIT: Ooh! and a soul patch! Amber gave him a soul patch whilst Jig just set the color into the fur!  Its like those old 'Can you find the difference in the two pictures' game!

What be cannon?
Creation takes time.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

stiletto

For fitting into the continuity of the world. In LR, Graz is a... nngh, I don't remember the name (or feel like looking it up  :P ), it's the same species that Xanatos is, and they come with a horn. Canon Graz does not have a horn, as his usual incarnation is based around the form of a jackal. He sometimes changes his form to fit in more with the surrounding populations, so I imagine this is what he's doing here.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: stiletto on April 11, 2008, 12:42:33 AM
For fitting into the continuity of the world. In LR, Graz is a... nngh, I don't remember the name (or feel like looking it up  :P ), it's the same species that Xanatos is, and they come with a horn. Canon Graz does not have a horn, as his usual incarnation is based around the form of a jackal. He sometimes changes his form to fit in more with the surrounding populations, so I imagine this is what he's doing here.

... Or the author insists on warping folks to fit canon species rather than inventing brand new ones for the environment?  :P

stiletto

Considering I've been around you when you're in make up species mode.... I find your explanation less believable.  :B

Brunhidden