(Edit Edit) Amber is teh dead...Again.

Started by Amber Williams, March 27, 2008, 10:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If Amber were teh dead, how long would you wait for next comic?

No wait! Update on time!
1 (1.4%)
Take a day off to recoop and just be on time for Abels Story
2 (2.8%)
Take the day off, but try to get the comic up with Abel's Story.
5 (6.9%)
Just. Get. To. Bed. You. Crazy. Sadist Masochist.
54 (75%)
I dont care either way.
10 (13.9%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: March 29, 2008, 12:15:22 PM

xHaZxMaTx

This is the second time I have been the only person to vote for a specific option in a poll... :<

Angel

Hm. I voted too late. Darn. Well, here's the link I was going to post, because this song is pretty and my school choir is going to perform it.

Eric Whitacre's "Sleep"

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 28, 2008, 12:17:01 PM
I voted late, after having edited the poll. ;-]

...Why do I get the sense of a sub-worded demonic plot?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Jadian

Because that's the kind of guy that llearch is:  you're just improving your Sense Motive stat.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Jadian on March 28, 2008, 06:51:12 PM
Because that's the kind of guy that llearch is:  you're just improving your Sense Motive stat.

Silly Jadian, no one uses sense motive unless they're playing a prestige class or using a 3rd party book ability that uses it. (or a DM) :P

Now I know how all those Democrats are going to feel when the super delegates overrule the popular vote at the end of the primary season. :<
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Gabi

So Amber's undead now?

Well... better than being just plain dead.

But seriously, Amber, take care of yourself! You're more important than the comic, not to mention that there wouldn't be a comic without you.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Brunhidden

and now for the all DMFA rendition of 'not yet dead' from the broadway musical 'spamalot'

wow, i would so pay cash to see that actually
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

!KCA

Quote from: Brunhidden on March 28, 2008, 09:40:31 PM
and now for the all DMFA rendition of 'not yet dead' from the broadway musical 'spamalot'

wow, i would so pay cash to see that actually

Send Amber a bunch of money and see if she what happens!

Turnsky

"So apparently the source of all earthly sickness comes from five year olds"

yes, yes they do.

also, i'm under the impression that schoolbuses carry more disease than the CDC's viral vault

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Grenn

Yay! Just got over that cold myself. Hang on and it'll pass. Hoping it gets rid of itself fast!

Amber Williams

Ugh...woke up to find the left nose/ear/jaw have pretty much been hit.  I'm too dizzy to sit proper. Abel's Story, unless this next round of sleeping says otherwise, is likely gonna have be missed because I simply cant draw without getting vertigo.

I'm really sorry peeps. I hope this next round of sleepings will see better.I really dont want to miss anymore updates.  This...is really not that fun for me.

*goes to lay back down*

RobbieThe1st

You know what I say? Sleep. Don't do Abel's Story this week.
Everyone can wait, and we would prefer you to be healthy when doing your work.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ouch.

That's not a good sign. Take care, Amber. Make yourself well, then get back to us.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

one day i would kinda like to see what a talented artist does after downing half a bottle of nyquil on top of an already loopy mind
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I thought that was what the pretty tinfoil princess one was about?

Naldru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 29, 2008, 10:49:46 AM
... I thought that was what the pretty tinfoil princess one was about?

Is this what you are referring to?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

e_voyager

i'm pretty sure that he is talking about that. still it's nice to see an artist able to poke fun at themselves without being serious you know what i mean?

personally i have the patients of the eternal and and more then willing to wait for amber to recover so amber take care of yourself okay?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Fuyudenki

Quote from: e_voyager on March 29, 2008, 11:31:11 AM
personally i have the patients of the eternal

You must be a really good doctor.

(it's 'patience')

Naldru

I hear that correcting typographical errors here would be a never ending task, and liable to arouse flames that seem to come from the depths of hell judging from their temperature.  I have personally developed a more temperate outlook on life, although that hasn't stopped me from collecting occurrences of typographical errors for my own amusement.

Erk...
My bad.  I can only say I was tired.

However, it did give me one more to add to my list.  By the way, look at my sig.

By the way, Amber, the vertigo was your body's way of voting in the poll above.  In case there was any question, it voted with the majority.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on March 29, 2008, 02:38:32 PM
I have that correcting typographical errors here...

... erm. Wanna try that again? ;-]

Irony, much?

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

DarkAudit

We're approaching "Amber in the plastic bubble" phase. She's catching bugs that knock her on her butt with alarming frequency.  :mowdizzy
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

RobbieThe1st

Well, I would think that its probably for three reasons: One, her immune system is depressed because of all the long hours in front of her computer, especially when she is tired.
Two, she recently moved to a new area, and the bugs that live there are going to be a bit different than the ones where she used to live, which means that she doesn't have immunities to them yet.
Third, and more importantly, she just took a long car trip from her new home, where she was in the process of getting used to the bugs, to her family's place, which has *different* bugs, and, most importantly, it had a huge amount of bugs at that time, because of the children and/or other family members, who had immunity to their *own* sets of bugs.

Basically, I figure it will pass and she will be more healthy once she gets over this... provided she doesn't stress herself and draw while sick!
I mean, I know she wants to keep to her schedule, and do all the stuff she promised us, but hey - it can wait. Its not like we are going anywhere, and so long as she updates once every week or two, she won't lose any readers.

I personally would prefer her to be healthy when she draws, because the quality is going to be better, and she won't miss any details, and its just plain nicer.
Take. A. Break.
Go sleep! Now!

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Azraelle

Eesh, Amber, ya might want to have that checked out.  I've had my fair share of otorhinolaryngological problems (enough to know that word at the least).  They're not fun, especially if it's something that could have been treated early but wasn't.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Azraelle on March 30, 2008, 02:53:39 AM
Eesh, Amber, ya might want to have that checked out.  I've had my fair share of otorhinolaryngological problems (enough to know that word at the least).  They're not fun, especially if it's something that could have been treated early but wasn't.

-I- haven't, but that looks like sound advice to me.

As Robbie says - we're not going anywhere. Take your time, get better, and then get back to us.

After all, if you were wage-slaving in an office, they wouldn't expect you to work when you couldn't stand up. Why should -we- get any different from you? Particularly at the rates we seem to pay...

Aleolus

Hey, Amber, you might want to try echinacea!  Whenever I start to feel under the weather, I start taking 3 echinacea tablets, three times a day, and I haven't been full-blown sick in over 3 years because of it!

Reese Tora

Quote from: Aleolus on March 30, 2008, 11:09:40 AM
Hey, Amber, you might want to try echinacea!  Whenever I start to feel under the weather, I start taking 3 echinacea tablets, three times a day, and I haven't been full-blown sick in over 3 years because of it!

Never mind it doesn't actually do anything. (God save the placebo effect!) :.

Talashar

Quote from: DarkAudit on March 30, 2008, 12:59:02 AM
We're approaching "Amber in the plastic bubble" phase. She's catching bugs that knock her on her butt with alarming frequency.  :mowdizzy

well, she recently got married and moved to Canada, so the logical conclusion is that she's allergic to one or the other  :)

Aleolus

Quote from: Reese Tora on March 30, 2008, 01:25:13 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on March 30, 2008, 11:09:40 AM

Never mind it doesn't actually do anything. (God save the placebo effect!) :.

Ah, but that post states itself that that was not a conclusive decision,
Quote from: WikipediaAs with any herbal preparation, individual doses may vary significantly in active chemical composition. In addition to poor process control which may affect inter- and intra-batch homogeneity, species, plant part, extraction method, and contamination or adulteration with other products all lead to variability between products
Plus, I don't care what scientific studies say, I know what I have experienced, and that is that it works!

Reese Tora

Quote from: Aleolus on March 30, 2008, 05:29:06 PM
Plus, I don't care what scientific studies say, I know what I have experienced, and that is that it works!

Are you sure that it was the plant you were taking that made you feel better? Enough so as to be confident that you could tell the difference if you were randomly given a placebo or the actual "remedy"?

I would suspect that many of the tests indicating positive results failed to be properly double blind.  Without double blinding(keeping both researchers and test subjects blind to who's taking what, until after data is collected), it's possible for bias to influence the test results toward either positive or negative results.  People do get better on a placebo that they believe it a real cure, and a proper test randomly determines that either placebo or the test drug is given to individual subjects, who don't know what they're taking until the test is over. 

The fact that a double blind test found no appreciable effect holds a lot more weight than one in four studies that found positive results.  That means that it failed to out perform a placebo with any statistical significance in the majority of properly conducted tests.

I think that if people took the time to understand how science works (it's relatively simple) people would stop being so distrustful of it.

It just really annoys me that scientifically proven stuff is pushed to the side for unproven junk that has no serious evidence behind them, like herbal and homeopathic remedies, psychics who talk to the dead(or read minds, or bend spoons), and perpetual motion devices.  So much time and money is wasted by credulous people(governments included) trying to find the cause for effects that haven't even been proven to exist.

</rant>

Anyway, I thought that your remedy was supposed to prevent colds, not cure them, so it'd be useless for Amber to take even if it were effective at what it's claimed to do, since she's already caught it.

(note: This spell check is missing the word proven.)

Fuyudenki

Last bug that managed to knock me flat was given to me by a blood-sucking parasite(I forget what kind of disease it was... Spotted fever or Yellow fever seem fairly likely.), and that was 4 years ago.  I don't even bother getting flu shots anymore.  The rest of my family got it last year, I got skipped.  As long as I get proper sleep and hydration, my immune system owns the field.

Not because of any sort of herbal treatment, mind you.  I just hate getting sick.  I figure my immune system spends healthy time playing full-contact Capture the Flag.  Any infections that walk in on the middle of that don't even have time to scream "Oh sh--!  Evac, EVAC!"

Honestly, I don't remember what being sick is like, just that it sucks.