Clockwork Mansion Transfer

Started by Darkmoon, June 14, 2006, 11:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

I have just setup the new account for clockworkmansion.com. Within the next couple of days everything will get setup over there. Hopefully I can get the account tstuff here backed up before everything transfers, and we'll be able to just move, re-establish, and boom, the forrum may only be down 12 hours but everything will be up and functional.

Worst comes to worst, we will lose everything here, but be able to re-establish the skins and so forth. That means that, at the very worst, everyone resets to zero, and people will have to rereg. I'm going to try to avoid that, but fyi just in case. I doubt that will happen, though, since I should be able to access this host even if the DNS changes to the new place. ;)

I'll keep ya posted.

olroxshade

well,you said it:it's necesary.......... :redrum

Destina Faroda

We might lose everything?  NOOOOOO!
Sig coming...whenever...

DragonCub

I am going to be optimistic and say all will not be lost, everything will survive the transfer.

Darkmoon

Well, probably what will happen, if we can't get everything transfered immediately, is we'll have the new forum up and running, and then sometime, prolly a couple of days later, I'll get the old forum data shifted in and uploaded. All that might be lost is a day or two of posting in the interim.

Nimrods Son

Is there actually a possibility given now to switch my account skin?

Darkmoon

When the transfer takes place, yes. The DNS hasn't changed over yet.

Nimrods Son

Quientin

Darkmoon

Destina Faroda

How's this transfer thing going?
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Slowly. I'm working on it this weekend.

Fizzbit

I've been gone. What's happening? o_o;;

Darkmoon

The eventual merger of CMF and DMFA.

Jorge D. Fuentes

at least I can finally use the Banquet skin.
That means I can come back and not be subject to white/bluish torture and a "Forbidden" whenever I change skin.

Good to be back.

Darkmoon

Good to have you back.

Yeah, having the skins actually function again was the main reason for the move. It was highly aggrivating.

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber