[Comic] 29/09/08 (Project Future Pg. 32 remixed)

Started by Tapewolf, March 01, 2008, 01:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Even though I said it before, I feel like saying it again: great work, Tape!

I have to use this pic once in a while.. :3
Can't wait to see the next page. Of course, I have already seen it, only without the colour or text.

Tapewolf

I actually messed up on this one - the Doctor was supposed to have introduced himself.  I've revised the storyboard so that happens on page 9 now.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

Nice view of the "hospital". I wonder why he took the "you son't need to breathe" answer so calmly and continued assuming it was a regular hospital.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Gabi on March 28, 2008, 07:25:35 PM
Nice view of the "hospital". I wonder why he took the "you son't need to breathe" answer so calmly and continued assuming it was a regular hospital.

He probably did not understand what was said to him at that moment - he was too shocked.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 28, 2008, 07:28:22 PM
He probably did not understand what was said to him at that moment - he was too shocked.

That and he's been asked about 3 other things since.  Also, he kind of thinks that he is breathing and it's the anaesthetic preventing him from feeling it.

**EDIT**

In case anyone's interested, here's a closeup (12% of its full size!) of the VAX:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/tape/decvax12.png

Those who remember CJP well may recognise the description of it.

GabrielsThoughts

out of curiosity, in the first scene is he wearing goggles or glasses?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 29, 2008, 03:42:27 PM
out of curiosity, in the first scene is he wearing goggles or glasses?

Josh wears goggles there. In Arctic environment that would be a good idea.

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

"Yugi, I think I'm pregnant..."

But seriously, I lol'd. :B

~Keaton the Black Jackal
PS: The transcript is given in the link 'cos I couldn't link directly to the actual video. But it's at the Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Version's official website. Episode 7.

Ren Gaulen

Poor Joshua... I almost feel sorry for him. But do you really think that his suffering is over?
I bet most of you don't remember this post. But in the end I turned out to be right!! Joshua really becomes a Robocop!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/JoshuaOswald-1.png
And if you don't believe me, wait for the next page of the comic to come out! >:3

Pagan

Alright, I've read the comic fully now and it looks promising.
Unfortunatly, I've only read up to chapter 27 of CJP and have read none of future history. I'm trying to fix this as soon as possible.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Pagan on April 01, 2008, 08:25:08 PM
Alright, I've read the comic fully now and it looks promising.
Unfortunatly, I've only read up to chapter 27 of CJP and have read none of future history. I'm trying to fix this as soon as possible.

Well, don't be in too much of a hurry  :3
If I do this right - and I'm quietly confident - it should make sense without having read DMFA, let alone the others.

**EDIT**
Now,  should I keep the current page on the site until the real update on Friday or revert back to strip 5?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I would say keep it.

If you want to put it in a secondary list of AF strips, maybe, but for the moment, it can probably stay in the main list.

Tapewolf

The real page 6 is up now.  For the time being I've included a link to the AF page in the rant.  When chapter 1 ends I'll put together a proper archive page which will include the april fool's strip and various other oddments.

Ren Gaulen

Just like I said - Joshua is now a Robocop! :B You should have listened to me! :veryevil

OK, so he does not look anything like a Robocop, but still, he is a cyborg now...
*spoiler*Actually, he is as weak and fragile as C3P0 right now, but wait until he is upgraded...*/spoiler*

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 04, 2008, 05:25:56 PMhe is as weak and fragile as C3P0 right now, but wait until he is upgraded...
all we need is an ID armor and a few mechs, then we're all set for final fusion  :robo
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Gabi

That turned out a lot like I imagined it.

And XD... I've just seen the April Fools version. Good one, JP!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jack McSlay on April 04, 2008, 06:49:56 PM
all we need is an ID armor and a few mechs, then we're all set for final fusion  :robo

Graet. :erk Now I imagine Josh yelling "Gao... Gai... GAAAAR!!!!" while piloting one of the most ridiculously looking yet absolutely awesome mechas known to Man.

Thank you. :)

!KCA

I haven't read much of Future Chronicles. Is Josh's blood synthetic? If so, Is it the red stuff or the white stuff?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: !KCA on April 09, 2008, 11:56:06 PM
I haven't read much of Future Chronicles. Is Josh's blood synthetic? If so, Is it the red stuff or the white stuff?
Josh has been turned into a robot from the neck down. Later he gets *edit* something else happen, spoiler alert! spoiler alert!

Sorry, tech. ;-]
  -- llearch

Tapewolf

Quote from: !KCA on April 09, 2008, 11:56:06 PM
As Tech says, he's a cyborg.  If there is any synthetic blood in him it'll be synthetic plasma to bulk out the real blood.  There is a closed loop as part of his life-support system.  The rest of him I haven't really designed in detail, but I'm thinking there may be a thermally-conductive gel.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 10, 2008, 01:02:52 AM
Josh has been turned into a robot from the neck down. Later he gets
Appreciated, but on the other hand there are a few people reading this who haven't read the original story, so I'm trying to be a little vague for their sake.  :3
It might be nice if you could edit out the spoiler...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

techmaster-glitch

Whoops. My bad :< I didn't think it would be that much of a spoiler... :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 10, 2008, 09:24:11 AM
Whoops. My bad :< I didn't think it would be that much of a spoiler... :B

it's not - and if I thought you might respond this quickly, I wouldn't have edited, anyway. The point is, it -is- a spoiler, even if only a tiny little one, and Tapewolf has been trying to avoid posting -any-, just to be nice.

I mean, I don't think there are too many folks reading the comic who haven't read the story, but even so, let's think of others, hmm? ;-]

Tapewolf

The new page is up, after some last-minute tweaking which was not helped by my main monitor suddenly undergoing a screen collapse.  Fortunately I have an identical unit which I was able to swap in, but it did a few things intimating that it might not be long for this world either.  If it dies too I will have three dead CRT monitors in my house. (Memo to self - consider the ViewSonic VP950b as a possible candidate for an art-grade LCD monitor)

Um, anyway.  Page 7 is up, enjoy it.  The next page will be the end of chapter 1.

Gabi

Nice one too, but I'm out of constructive comments.

Ren Gaulen

And here is some extra material for you, dear readers! The shocking truth about Joshua's new body!!

That's right! Joshua has been turned into a fridge!!

WhiteFox

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet. I think this is awesome.

I like the writing, it's an easy read and flows well. I like Gaulen's grasp on anatomy too, though the poses could stand to be a little more fluid.

(Looking back on the first comics) Speaking as someone with first hand experience with harsh arctic climates, I am amazed he is walking around without head gear or gloves of any sort, let alone walking around bleeding.

HOWEVER. Nothing personal, I am obsessive compulsive about this matter...
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 01, 2008, 01:38:57 PM
The big stumbling block for illustrating it was of course my own artistic incompetence when it comes to drawing people.

*Bap*
I have to change my sig now.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...