02/15/08 [DMFA #879] - CRACK

Started by CameronCN, February 15, 2008, 01:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on February 16, 2008, 08:45:28 PM
Say, she isn't selling girl scout cookies, is she?

Be careful here, only buy them if you're sure they're made with real girl scouts.

(Or should that be "made by real girl scouts"? I can never remember which...)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Naldru

Thomas Scientific generally provides materials for laboratories which require higher purities.

It looks like ACS reagent grade for isopropyl alcohol is well over 99% and spectrophotometric grade is even higher.  What you really want is industrial grade.

Try NAPCO (North American Polymer Company) at http://www.napcoltd.com.  They have a one gallon container for eleven dollars (US).  This is apparently industrial grade.

http://www.first-aid-product.com has 16 oz. containers of 99% isopropyl alcohol at $2.79 (US) 
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 16, 2008, 07:26:07 AM
Quote from: Naldru on February 16, 2008, 07:05:58 AM
If you want to get chloroform, you could go to Thomas Scientific.  They have a wide variety of chemicals and supplies.

Interesting link.  There are a number of people on another board trying to get decent isopropyl alcohol for cleaning tape decks, so this may come in handy - although the quantities they are supplying are a little on the large side  :3

Oh, come on. Who doesn't want a 54 gallon drum of isopropyl alcohol? A steal at a mere 2 grand a pop, even! ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

8) I think that someone has put a sign on the back of Dan's head saying " Hit Me " ...   and the people accomadate the request ...
  8) He seems to be " The Fall Guy " all the time ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...