When elements attack!

Started by meany, January 21, 2008, 01:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meany

I'm not sure if this has been done before; please tell me if it has.

What element best describes your personality? Is it one of the cardinal elements: Earth, Wind, Water, Fire? Or maybe a forged element: Metal, Sound, etc. Hybrids are acceptable.

My element, I'd have to say, is Pestilence

As always, I'm collecting data on all of you.  >:]

superluser

I'm strongly tempted to say Ununquadium--I'm a relatively stable element in a sea of instability.

But I think I'm more of a Potassium.  I sound nice and healthy, but I'm secretly very corrosive.  Plus, I'm very good at boring.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Reese Tora

The Chinese zodiac says my element is water. :<

I beleive that the element that best describes me is unobtanium.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Brunhidden

Twilight, swamp, my natural environments more or less.

QuoteIt is a fact that although the Death of the Discworld is, in his own words, an ANTHROPOMORPHIC PERSONIFICATION, he long ago gave up using the traditional skeletal horses, because of the bother of having to stop all the time to wire bits back on.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

lucas marcone

Hydrogen, because: I'm the most forgettable element, I'm useful when handled properly and explosive if you get on my bad side, I tend to drift from the norm being in a sea of metal instead of being a nonmetal where i ought to be, and I'm the simplest substance out there.

Faerie Alex

Carbon. 'Cuz I'm a carbon-based life form. :3
Jeez I need to update this thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Lawrencium. Highly reactive, and a bit obscure...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dannysaysnoo

lucas marcone

Dannysaysnoo

KarlOmega1

Energon.

Because I like Transformers...

of course I like fire as well.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Alondro

Lithium.

Cause gettin it on with me is like goin ta warp drive baby!  Oh yeah!  Alright!  Giggity giggity giggity!

*everyone on the forum simultaneously:  :yuck :blarf :boggle :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Caswin

Phlogiston!

(I was going to say something along the lines of "just kidding," but actually, it's not too bad...)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Valynth

Mercury, 'cause I'm always running uphill and everyone avoids me like death.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

I suspect the original poster didn't necessarily mean elements from the Perodic Table, but in either case, I shall post both.

I've always loved the freedom of the sky, but I fear that I am water, even so.

And in the vein of true elements, and as Argon has been taken, I'll go with Neon. Not because I'm flashy (at least, I hope I'm not), but because I try and be hard to make react violently.

lucas marcone

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 22, 2008, 10:01:26 AM
I suspect the original poster didn't necessarily mean elements from the Periodic Table, but in either case, I shall post both.

I've always loved the freedom of the sky, but I fear that I am water, even so.

And in the vein of true elements, and as Argon has been taken, I'll go with Neon. Not because I'm flashy (at least, I hope I'm not), but because I try and be hard to make react violently.

hummm if it's Nobel gasses i had you pegged for xenon, because you don't react when you don't want to, you sound exotic, mysterious, and elegant, and not many people know enough about you.

Fuyudenki

Air and Fire, flighty and passionate to a self-destructive degree.

Also, diametrically opposite Superluser: I'm often considered odd, deranged, and downright unstable, even among the oddballs.  I induce culture shock in people from my hometown.

Darkdragon

Periodic: Astatine. Rare, obscure, and not enough research is done on it.

"Classical": I consider time an element, but if that is disqualified, then I say Æther (That darn, obscure fifth classical element)

Fuyudenki

I thought the Fifth Element was man.

meany

Quote from: Kninja on January 23, 2008, 09:34:30 PM

Depending on who you ask, the Fifth element is either, Lightning, Metal, or Ether. In some circles there isn't a Fifth element, just the four Cardnial elements, and their fusions: the Forged elements. Still, if the Fifth element is man, does that make woman the Sixth?

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Kninja on January 23, 2008, 09:34:30 PM

I've always said the Fifth Element was love.

Fuyudenki

My mistake, the Fifth Element was Leeloo.

Omega

What can you touch and never really feel?
Where do you go when all seems lost?
What do you feel when you know what you want, but it isn't what must be done?
Who do you thank, when the time smooths the edges?
What is the dimension if hope?
knowledge
terror
solitude
vigor
zeal
chaos
doubt

Perhaps my element is shadow, for it is never truly alone and where there is light, there is shadow, keeping it company and knowing it better.
Perhaps my element is water, because It can boil when provoked or freeze, when left alone and there is no hole or shape that it cannot take as it's own.
Perhaps my element is metal, as I bow to the power and stay in my new shape loyally, until time comes and takes me away.
Perhaps my element is secret...

...like I was never here in the first place....

Fuyudenki

puttin' waaaaaaaaaay too much thought into this, Omega.  Also, that post was too long for you to have never been there.  Might as well spray a big red "OMEGA WAS HERE!" sign on it. :P

Omega

KarlOmega1

I thought that there was six elements...fire, air, water, earth, light and darkness?

(to me, metal counts as Earth, seeing as we extract it from the minerals of the earth.)
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius