Better Days Poll

Started by Rakala, December 27, 2007, 06:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you read Better Days? If so how would you rank it?

OMFG! Greatest web comic ever!
2 (6.1%)
In the top 5, but not really my favorite
7 (21.2%)
It's so-so. It has it's ups and downs
11 (33.3%)
I don't really like it that much.
2 (6.1%)
Never heard of it
8 (24.2%)
HATE!!!
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Rakala

Just tell me your opinion.

bill

Better Days?

More like BEST Days because it is the BEST comic in recorded history

Faerie Alex

It's good. The last arc was a bit gratuitous, but not too bad.

And is it bad that I read Better days and BDK?
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Reese Tora

Quote from: modelincard on December 27, 2007, 10:50:29 PM
It's good. The last arc was a bit gratuitous, but not too bad.

And is it bad that I read Better days and BDK?

I hope not, since so do I

The comic is good, the art is good and the story lines are good.  I sometimes think that Jay lets his political views and philosopical ideals show through with some of his characters, but it's good overall.

my vote would be somewhere between "so-so" and the next highest rank; it's better than so-so, but it's not what I would call part of my top 5 (considering how many I read, that's a much vied for position  :blush )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Eibborn

Totally agree with Reese Tora here- not the top five, but it's got a constant and pretty unique style, and always at least interests. Overdramatic and contrived at points, though. Since I had to choose between "So-so" and "top 5," I picked "So-so."

So it's not awesome, but it's at least more than acceptable.
/kicks the internet over

Rakala

I believe it is a good comic. Then again I had to go through some of the same crap (not much, just some) so I kinda see myself in them. So here's to any who say it was so-so or worse. :lynched

Ryudo Lee

I keep up with both Better Days and BDK.  It was rather humurous when they were arguing over whether or not the two were canon.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Alondro

Needz mure nekkid sexx0rz.

lulz.

:B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ryudo Lee

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

thegayhare

ehh I used to read it a while back.  the art is good but personaly I don't care for the storylines that much so I stopped reading a few years back

Sunblink

I'm not much of a Better Days fan. I dislike Fisk, the main character, as he really just seems to be a mouthpiece for the author's beliefs and nothing more, and really only stick around to read about the antics of the female characters (particularly Beth, Rachel, and Lucy), which the comic really seems to be centered around nowadays.

However, I love the art. But all-in-all, I prefer the author's alternate story, New Worlds, over Better Days. Too bad it only sporadically updates.

I used to be a major Badly Drawn Kitties fan, though, before the comic stopped updating.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Netrogo

I had never read this comic before. Then I saw this thread. A little googlige later and low and behold, I spend 4 hours of my life reading the archives. It's full of sex, violence, incest, and adultery. I love it :mwaha
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Jim Halisstrad

You know, I could make a joke about a comic with incest being written by a die hard republican... but why mar perfect irony?
And just for the record, Yeah, for some strange reason I keep up with the damn comic.

It's in my 'how badly written can this story possibly be' folder, right next to Dominic "emo Were-Wolves" Deegan and "CRFH!!!eleventy!!!

And yes.  I'm bitter.

bill

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on December 31, 2007, 12:26:36 AM
You know, I could make a joke about a comic with incest being written by a die hard republican... but why mar perfect irony?
And just for the record, Yeah, for some strange reason I keep up with the damn comic.

It's in my 'how badly written can this story possibly be' folder, right next to Dominic "emo Were-Wolves" Deegan and "CRFH!!!eleventy!!!

And yes.  I'm bitter.
:love1

rabid_fox

I'm of the "This is the first I've heard of it" contingent. From reading this topic, it sounds like well-drawn dross.

Like Snow White, or Bambi.

Oh dear.

LionHeart

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 28, 2007, 11:17:12 AM
I'm not much of a Better Days fan. I dislike Fisk, the main character, as he really just seems to be a mouthpiece for the author's beliefs and nothing more, and really only stick around to read about the antics of the female characters (particularly Beth, Rachel, and Lucy), which the comic really seems to be centered around nowadays.

However, I love the art. But all-in-all, I prefer the author's alternate story, New Worlds, over Better Days. Too bad it only sporadically updates.

I used to be a major Badly Drawn Kitties fan, though, before the comic stopped updating.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

BDK has started updating again.

Although the storyline has been pretty much abandoned in favour of one-shot gags, and the update schedule appears to be "when he gets around to it".
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Sunblink

Quote from: LionHeart on January 01, 2008, 10:20:10 AM

BDK has started updating again.

Although the storyline has been pretty much abandoned in favour of one-shot gags, and the update schedule appears to be "when he gets around to it".

Snap, I forgot. I normally spend BDK-reading time browsing the old archives - they're more entertaining than the one-shot gags in my opinion.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zorro

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on December 31, 2007, 12:26:36 AM

And yes.  I'm bitter.

Yes the Democrats and the left are completely happy with incest and celebrate it.  Cause you know rules and morality are ONLY for Republicans to be used as a weapon against them.

Jim Halisstrad

Hey, Democrates have their own moral code as well you know.
As a Dem myself let me tell you that if I don't start the day with performing at least 3 abortions followed up by tricking people into paying more taxes with my horrific bisexual agenda then let me tell you sir, thats a bad day.

;3

Joe3210

Imo, Better Days seem to have seen better days.  After the incest and rape, it wasn't giving me much reason to keep on reading.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Reese Tora

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on January 01, 2008, 07:32:51 PM
Hey, Democrates have their own moral code as well you know.
As a Dem myself let me tell you that if I don't start the day with performing at least 3 abortions followed up by tricking people into paying more taxes with my horrific bisexual agenda then let me tell you sir, thats a bad day.

;3

:confused Democrats and Republicans don't have unified moral codes, individual people have moral codes.  Anything else is just a political affiliation and propaganda.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Jim Halisstrad

LIES!  You must buy into the hype!  It's the American way!

GabrielsThoughts

Ive read it, I liked it, it's okay, but not the best webcomic ever. Definately B movie drama, and perfect for television...under an MA or TV14 rating. easily  a hundred times  better than  BDK hands down...at least before I stopped reading it in early 2000 or 2001.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Rakala

Quote from: Joe3210 on January 01, 2008, 08:01:10 PM
Imo, Better Days seem to have seen better days.  After the incest and rape, it wasn't giving me much reason to keep on reading.
Hehe, when you say it like that the comic sounds like it would be horrid to read.

Gareeku

Quote from: Rakala on January 10, 2008, 09:35:02 AMHehe, when you say it like that the comic sounds like it would be horrid to read.

Well apart from the great art, it hasn't got anything else going for it as far as I'm concerned. The storylines could use a lot more work especially.

bill

Quote from: Rakala on January 10, 2008, 09:35:02 AM
Hehe, when you say it like that the comic sounds like it would be horrid to read.
lol

Alondro

Mmmmm... incest and rape of sexy furries.

What other reasons for reading it do I need!   >:3

*F#%&ing Furries!*   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Joe3210

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 10, 2008, 11:20:36 AM
Quote from: Rakala on January 10, 2008, 09:35:02 AM
lol
I still read the comic for the artwork.
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Rakala

Quote from: Alondro on January 10, 2008, 12:07:54 PM
Mmmmm... incest and rape of sexy furries.

What other reasons for reading it do I need!   >:3

*F#%&ing Furries!*   :P
Indeed.

Goatmon

I'm a fan, though it's a little too slow paced in that it's difficult to enjoy an individual page as much as something like Penny Arcade or DMFA. 

However; Any page with Fisk and Beth makes me warm inside.

<3