Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

that was a typo for magically armored and is wearing enchain armor of some sort like our spell blade companion.  it should read :

Quote from: what  e_voyager meantBasically they cut and they cut well. they cut almost anything that is not magically armored or made of diamond.(This does not count out people using harden techniques to make their bodies like stone it has to be actual armor. While such techniques may reduce damage but they would not stop the blades from cutting them as in theory this is what they were forged for. )   

i hope this clears up a few thing.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

lucas marcone

sorry e i think you need to tone the sharpness down a bit... i mean they cant possibly cut through anything besides diamond...maybe you should think about useing the capabilities of an extremely shap kitana.

llearch n'n'daCorna

lucas, surely that's Cogidubnus and Keaton's call?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

lucas marcone

it was a suggestion, yes obviously falls under the good GM's judgement

e_voyager

Well keep in mind that enchantment blocks enchantment... they can cut through normal things and all but enchanted armor turns the blades aside. other then they it has to be something incredibly hard. diamond , emerald and sapphire hard to stop them and considering that tokes  gems could be cut albeit it not easily by hand i didn't see a problem with it. nod if you want to cut something made of titanium or gemstone you have to definitely put more effort into it then if you want to cut something made of steal or flesh but the blade can handle it. after all people have been cutting gemstone like diamonds for years before we could make blades and disk that had the stones embedded in them for cutting. .
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

lucas marcone

im of the thinking that the enchantment should be able to cut through steel and maybe armor plating in it's upper limets... afterall think about it... the easier you make it for yourself the less fun you have. just a though as always its up to cog and keats.

e_voyager

as the limited of what epyon can do with it it makes since after all the strongest blades can only cut based upon the muscle of the arm behind it. epyon is strong but he'd now hulk or spider man. i wadge that in someone like the insect girls had the blade cone cute things wit h ease that epyon would have difficulty with .just as a shield is only as strong as the arms that bears it so is a sword or in this case  sai only as powerful as the person who wields the. to make it easier let set the upper and lower limits of what epyon can do with the weapons. after i wake up. if i have time before work tonight..

The way i was looking as it was cut through a car sure. cut through a tank? probably not with his limited muscle.. he could definitely scratch and scrap it but there would be no one cut solution to cutting throuh tank plate armor and it would not be the Sai's fault be epyon's for not being strong enough to do so.  cut thorough enchanted armor? no the blade would turn aside either at or just before contact. the main limit like with any bladed weapon would be the skill and strength of it's wielder. that why grandpa could make them do the flying blade attack and epyon can't. 

Cogidubnus

Well, alrighty then.

E - as far as having a Sai that can cut through a tank, even if Epyon cannot use them like that, is a bit much. I'm assuming that those things are enchanted in some way, as if they are not, there is simply no way that one could make a sai, knife, or sword that sharp. It's simply not possible.
However, if they indeed -are- enchanted in some way, I have no problem with them being able to sever lesser things. Other bits of metal and armor is fine. Tanks and cars are still a bit much.

e_voyager

Yes i suppose that tank metal is a bit much but my only really point in that comparison was that an kitchen knife can cut through a car's metal skin in this day and age so the weakness would not be in the weapon but in the weapon wielder.   Lets forget the tank /car analogy and just look at them as magically sharp and trough. We know that cars exist in furrea but i doubt that we'll have to worry about them attacking us and such. Besides enchanted or not even the strongest of things can break when abused and hit by something just as strong as itself.

Edit:
I was thinking about it while i was at work last night and i realized  i was defensive while i explained the logical side of why it could exist or do the things i was saying and that i never really explained what i was thinking when i created the sai weapons. using the tech of the past 300 years we can and have created swords and medieval weapons that can tear through most normal vehicles of that past 20 years with relative ease.(they simply aren't made as well as the could be here on earth and i have no reason to believe that cars in furrea would be made all that different. paper thin skin along with only the engine and axle have any high tensile strength and metal content. In this respect the tank was simply a figure of speech. ) Simple yet effective techniques such as carbon hardening and high temper forging have been around for at lest that last century or so and have been use of tools like hammers and saws for a while. tempered steel is one of the most common thins used in blase and armored items. there for when i thought up the sais i assumed that they would been made sometime within the last 300 years and of tempered metal that was  hardened or tempered in high heat flames. only after the weapons were finished would the enchantment be placed upon them to harden them further and give them a sharper edge over enemies that could make there skin like store or had scales of  great thickness.  the enchantment would not make them invincible weapons nor perfect weapon. the can't enhance the skill of the person using them. they won't teach then special techniques and if abused while fighting other magical weapons or armor they may break. the enchantment my  keep them shape and tough but id doesn't make them invincible. i realized when i gave the car tank analogy i was not being very clear. it was meant to try to clear up that the level of strength and skill of the person using the sai was key and that aside form being well forged and tough they were just normal weapons. their enchament does not harm or help any particular race living or dead. and they won't do much more then endure stress that would break or dull the edges of similarly forged weapons.

Cogidubnus

While it's true that it's possible to temper metal to extreme hardnesses, and thereby make them capable of holding beyond a razor edge, this isn't practical for several reasons. Things that are hard are, by nature, also brittle. You could make a sword out of glass that had a fantastic edge, but it would shatter upon contact with practically anything. There are ways of differentially tempering weapons so that the edge is hard and the body is not, thereby getting the best of both worlds - even then, however, cutting through a car is right out.
The aluminum skin of a car may be thin, and I wouldn't doubt that you could cut through a sheet of aluminum with a very sharp implement. However, I do not think that you're taking into account the frame, or the size of the Sai as related to the car - supposing you even could cut through the aluminum skin and through the skeleton of the car as well, the car is thicker than the Sai is long. There isn't enough Sai to cut one in half in one go.

As far as it goes, E, they could very well be magical in nature, and this is what gives them their amazing properties, and I don't really have a problem with that so much. And it sounds like you're not trying to godmode with this item - however, we would appreciate it if you would just try and use good judgment here.

Also, other than Paige and Ty, I think we're just waiting on Techmaster to post again. Again, if I've missed something, please don't hesitate to point it out, and I'll try and fix it.

techmaster-glitch

I'm waiting on Navarro and Ty. They need to get their butts moving. The action's going to start soon, and they need to be there. The party's going to need all the firepower they can get. Especially Ty, he is actually one of the two best characters at the moment.

bill

sorry sorry dear god i am sorry

This will be better next week, I promise. I'll make a post tonight, and I should be done with most of my work tasks by tomorrow or so.

Tapewolf

Ah, I was going to ask who or what we were stalled on, someone else has beaten me to it :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

I need to finish up one paper, then I should be done.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 03, 2008, 05:20:15 PM
I'm waiting on Navarro and Ty. They need to get their butts moving. The action's going to start soon, and they need to be there. The party's going to need all the firepower they can get. Especially Ty, he is actually one of the two best characters at the moment.

As far as it goes, Tech, you may or may not want to wait on certain party members. I get this feeling that you may be underestimating quite a few of them, believe me. ;3 (which is to say, you may not want to 'wait' on the firepower to get there, as there is enough firepower already)
As far as I know, sometimes it's hard for Boog to get posts out. So, again, you may or may not want to simply post and then wait for him to catch up. No offense to Boog, but I'd rather not have the RP stall over such things.

Quote from: BillBuckner on February 03, 2008, 05:22:02 PM
sorry sorry dear god i am sorry

It's cool, Bill. You post when you can. Real life obviously takes priority, in these sorts of things.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 03, 2008, 05:32:34 PM
As far as it goes, Tech, you may or may not want to wait on certain party members. I get this feeling that you may be underestimating quite a few of them, believe me. ;3 (which is to say, you may not want to 'wait' on the firepower to get there, as there is enough firepower already)
You may be right, taking into account Epyon's sais, and maybe Johan's tentacles, which i didn't before. Ah, I'll get things moving along again soon. Sorry for the wait.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 03, 2008, 05:35:33 PM
You may be right, taking into account Epyon's sais, and maybe Johan's tentacles, which i didn't before. Ah, I'll get things moving along again soon. Sorry for the wait.

And Cross' gun, too.  The gauge was never really specified, owing to an oversight on my part.
Whatever it is, he has it to kill people dead, quickly and he's not the sort to do things by half-measure.

While it seems to be an urban myth that a .44 revolver can go through an engine block, it would certainly do a power of no good to most Beings, and probably most Creatures.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I bet you could at least get a decent way through it, if you used cop-killers. Armour piercing bullets.

Utterly illegal, of course, but in this future time we're playing in, I can see there being no cops to restrict their use, so...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

I did take into account Johan's revolver, but it's still a pop-gun, armor-piercing bullets notwithstanding. It can certainly do more than an ordinary sword can, but not terribly much, unless you've got a lot of bullets and can reload very fast.

Also, my next post is nearly done. Just a note; everyone already in the junkyard in the party is being moved forward. Sorry if it seems like rushing, but it's either get it just about to start, or spend mind-crushingly unnecessary time over every little thing. Apologies to anyone who doesn't like this.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 03, 2008, 07:06:24 PM
I did take into account Johan's revolver, but it's still a pop-gun, armor-piercing bullets notwithstanding. It can certainly do more than an ordinary sword can, but not terribly much, unless you've got a lot of bullets and can reload very fast.

The zombiebots (and Arcwelder) are supposedly made from junk, which probably isn't going to stop a bullet very well.  Although he would have been sent on his mission with a sizeable supply of rounds, he is unlikely to have enough ammo to take out all of them, and as you say, he only has six shots without reloading.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 03, 2008, 07:19:50 PM
The zombiebots (and Arcwelder) are supposedly made from junk, which probably isn't going to stop a bullet very well.  Although he would have been sent on his mission with a sizeable supply of rounds, he is unlikely to have enough ammo to take out all of them, and as you say, he only has six shots without reloading.
Arcwelder is only partially made from junk. As for the zombiebots, yes, bullets will mostly make holes in them, I never said anything otherwise. The problem is, being animated scrap, they are only hurt with cumulative damage, which means you need a lot of holes to bring one down. That's why I'm so frustrated that not a single person has so much as a machine gun.

Shifting topics, yes, this is how I've been planning to introduce Arcwelder all along >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 03, 2008, 07:25:53 PM
Arcwelder is only partially made from junk.
Well, yes.

QuoteAs for the zombiebots, yes, bullets will mostly make holes in them, I never said anything otherwise. The problem is, being animated scrap, they are only hurt with cumulative damage, which means you need a lot of holes to bring one down.

Ah, right.  I was thinking in terms of cybernetics and microprocessors, but they're magically-animated, aren't they?

In which case it's just a matter of dispelling the magic  >:3

**EDIT**
One question of note is whether the zombiebots have minds that 'Cubi can detect?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 03, 2008, 07:27:59 PM
**EDIT**
One question of note is whether the zombiebots have minds that 'Cubi can detect?
No. And you don't want to try Arcwelder, his insanity will hurt.

e_voyager

understood GM. i'm glad everything is cleared up as i was not trying to god mod the weapons but i didn't explain them very well in my bio i'm sorry about that.  and as you say the can only cut about as far as there length goes like any  bladed weapon.

now a couple questions for arc welder.

Dead or not do you some bots give off a energy auras that can be see by Epyon's extra eyes? you know that ones he keeps closed most of the time to look more like a being then a creature.
also since they are dead to the zoom in on the living or do they attack anything moving?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: e_voyager on February 04, 2008, 03:54:02 AM
Dead or not do you some bots give off a energy auras that can be see by Epyon's extra eyes? you know that ones he keeps closed most of the time to look more like a being then a creature.
also since they are dead to the zoom in on the living or do they attack anything moving?
1)Um, best as I can figure you are asking, probably, but at the moment they are hiding, so you won't be able to see them.
2)Actually, they follow Arcwelder's directions.

Cogidubnus

Just letting you know, Marcone, Cog's actions heretofar have done nothing to alert anyone as to his Were heritage. Like in normal DMFA, Were's do not transform at the full moon, nor do they turn into 'werewolves'.

:)

e_voyager

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 04, 2008, 09:11:48 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on February 04, 2008, 03:54:02 AM
1)Um, best as I can figure you are asking, probably, but at the moment they are hiding, so you won't be able to see them.
2)Actually, they follow Arcwelder's directions.

so they are basically robotic zombie and Arc is their control hub? okay that i understand. it's similar to reworks i n rework the dead part 2.
ad yes if the are hidden i can't see them i was asking if the give off anything like soul or emotion energy that can be seen by third eyes for the spirit

techmaster-glitch

No, they definately don't give off anything like soul, emotion, or spirit energy.

e_voyager

thank you. that means that they'd be kind of void like we i view them as the come out of hiding. that's even scarier  all things considered.

Cogidubnus

Alright. I think what we're stalled on right now, is that people aren't quite sure what to do, and Techmaster is waiting on people to post that they are getting further into the junkyard.

Tech, I'm going to go ahead and ask you to speed it up here. In the same vein, I think that people might be a bit confused as to what we're supposed to be doing - suffice it to say that the junkyard may be a little bit larger than some of the players are assuming, and that it would take a little bit of walking to get through it.