Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nuts. Witt isn't gonna help, he's gone in search of Cog. So I doubt he's even heard the mention of said buddies. :-/

Otherwise I'd have him head back. Maybe Ty can assist, since it seems he just hefted a ~1000lb magnet one-handed...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

I'm certain that Ty picked them up on his way to the airship.

techmaster-glitch

He showed some attachment to his machines. Perhaps bringing two along, in a different room of course, would better warrant his assistance?
I actually would probably need at least three of them; The chainsaw-skeleton one and the radial-saw-crab one could be left behind and rebuilt if absolutely necessary, but I need the duel-gatling-gun, the cannon/mortar, and the rocket launcher. Those are the ones that are most difficult to make from scratch, or simply more important.

But if you could get all of them, that would be great :3 Just pile them on top of each other in a heap and drag them. Arcwelder can sort that out later, but to make any one of them from scratch would take a great amount of work and resources.

As Cog quite accurtately put it before, these are the delux models, the ones I've been intending to use in the RP. They are not expendable unless absolutey necessary.

Though of course, for all intents and purposes, the zombiebots are quite dead. So no one will have to worry about them waking up, unless of course, Arcwelder gets near them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*snerk* nice room, there, Boogey. I like your move. ;-]

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 25, 2008, 07:36:55 AM
*snerk* nice room, there, Boogey. I like your move. ;-]
Yeah, and strip away what little dignity my character has left :<

Boog

I think that happened when he tore out his own eye Tech.  :P

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Boogeyman on February 25, 2008, 02:01:47 PM
I think that happened when he tore out his own eye Tech.  :P
Meh, he didn't need it anymore. And I'm counting on you to take care of the zombiebots as I described above, please.

And Paladin. Bad. Very bad. BAD. BAD BAD BAD IDEA. I think everyone keeps missing the point that Arcwelder is bat-shit demented. Even in the best of mental states, he is difficult to communicate with, let alone reason with. Wake him up now, in an unfamiliar environment, without his friends, completely wrapped up in someone tentacles, and you will have to kill him to get him to stop moving and screaming. And I wouldn't put it past the character you have, Pally.
Please, everyone just leave Arcwelder the crap alone. Once things have settled down a little (or I'm at least sure the zombiebots have been secured) I can set about getting him into some sort of non-hostile state.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 25, 2008, 07:54:29 PM

Meh, he didn't need it anymore. And I'm counting on you to take care of the zombiebots as I described above, please.

And Paladin. Bad. Very bad. BAD. BAD BAD BAD IDEA. I think everyone keeps missing the point that Arcwelder is bat-shit demented. Even in the best of mental states, he is difficult to communicate with, let alone reason with. Wake him up now, in an unfamiliar environment, without his friends, completely wrapped up in someone tentacles, and you will have to kill him to get him to stop moving and screaming. And I wouldn't put it past the character you have, Pally.
Please, everyone just leave Arcwelder the crap alone. Once things have settled down a little (or I'm at least sure the zombiebots have been secured) I can set about getting him into some sort of non-hostile state.

Alright then.

Techmaster - this is the second time that you've told other characters not to mess with your character, on the grounds that it can only turn out for the worse, and that your character, unless certain conditions are met, will have no choice but to froth at the mouth.
There are a few problems here, and I'm going to address them as politely as I can.

First off - you are not the GM. Stop telling people how their characters should act.

Secondly - The last time you swore things would just turn out incredibly badly, they did not. It is not your job to tell people that they are doing it wrong, and that there is only one way to deal with your character. They will act how they will act, and they will suffer the consequences. This is part of RP'ing.

Thirdly - Your threat consists of your character being killed off. All I can say to this, is that if Arcwelder cannot adapt, that is your problem. Adaptation to circumstances is part of RP'ing as well, and if you've made a character that simply cannot cope, than you have put yourself in this corner. Homicidal maniacs, we have a few, but I never authorized a character who throws a tantrum every time something doesn't go his way. Because, truly, that is what this is - and things will not always go Arcwelder's way. This is an RP, and it will not bend itself around one character.

This is the second time you've said something like this in the OCC. Stop panicking.

Cog

techmaster-glitch

*bangs head into wall ashamedly*
I'm sorry about the panicking, I just do have a bit of a nervous problem. The only things I will say in my defense is that I did not actually ask Paladin to change what his character did; I rolled with it as best as I could. Nor have I told anyone how to act; I'm just saying what might happen. My character being killed off is not a threat; I'm just saying it has a probability of happening, and if it does, it happened and oh well that's that. I'll move on. It's not really that big of a deal. And nothing bad happened last time because Arc never woke up in the first place (unless you're talking about before that, in which case, I concede).

Other than that though, I acknowledge everything you have said, and will handle future things accordingly.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 26, 2008, 07:40:03 PM
The only things I will say in my defense is that I did not actually ask Paladin to change what his character did; I rolled with it as best as I could.

That's true. You didn't ask him to change, you told him what he should and should not to. And I'm asking you to stop that.

QuoteNor have I told anyone how to act; I'm just saying what might happen.

No, you did.

QuotePlease, everyone just leave Arcwelder the crap alone. Once things have settled down a little (or I'm at least sure the zombiebots have been secured) I can set about getting him into some sort of non-hostile state.

I'm not trying to get on your case here, but you need to learn to roll with the punches, and be a little bit more flexible here, or things simply are not going to work.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 26, 2008, 08:27:11 PM
That's true. You didn't ask him to change, you told him what he should and should not to. And I'm asking you to stop that.
Alright.

QuoteNor have I told anyone how to act; I'm just saying what might happen.

No, you did.
Ok.

I'm not trying to get on your case here, but you need to learn to roll with the punches, and be a little bit more flexible here, or things simply are not going to work.
That's what I'm going to try to do.

EDIT: Y'know, I'm going to just drop what I had in mind altogether, thus eliminating all basis for what I was bugging out about. You won't be hearing anymore problems from this end.

Tapewolf

Out of interest, can the 'Cubi hear Sal's thoughts?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Paladin Sheppard

Well after reading Sal's profile I thought she didn't have any barriers but if Styg says there is I'll edit.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on February 27, 2008, 04:59:06 AM
Well after reading Sal's profile I thought she didn't have any barriers but if Styg says there is I'll edit.
Actually, I asked because what you'd written looked like you weren't listening in :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Ok. Arcwelder's finally awake now, in case any cares (I doubt it). What he's doing now is very different from what I originally had in mind for him (which was causing all the OOC problems), and I knew my original plan was completely stupid and a little immature, but at the time I honestly couldn't think of anything else that would be in-charcater.
   Now I have. This should work for now.

EDIT:ARRRGH I lost the post. Gotta retype. :headdesk

EDIT EDIT: *whew* got the post up. Geeze that was annoying.

e_voyager

sorry to be gone so long but i should be up and posting in a day or two. RL has really been beating me down lately and i was force to spend a few days more then expected away form home.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Sunblink

Everyone, I apologize for the long wait regarding my post which will make events proceed. Things have been a little hectic and my muse finicky and uncooperative. The post will be up later today, since it's just about finished. Right now, I recommend that those who are not on the airship should get inside, at the risk of them being left behind or me having to be a jerk and godmode everyone into the airship. :P

~Keaton the Black Jackal

techmaster-glitch

Heh, I just though of something. Beside the fact that he's making the ship work better, instead of breaking it, the phrase that a gremlin has set up shop in your engine probably describes Arcwelder very accurately right about now :3

Sunblink

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 05, 2008, 07:40:19 PM
Heh, I just though of something. Beside the fact that he's making the ship work better, instead of breaking it, the phrase that a gremlin has set up shop in your engine probably describes Arcwelder very accurately right about now :3

I thought gremlins sabotage WWII pilot's planes; not fix them. XD Though I'm not complaining... :P

It's painfully obvious I'm not familiar with that phrase.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 05, 2008, 07:47:20 PM
I thought gremlins sabotage WWII pilot's planes; not fix them. XD Though I'm not complaining... :P

It's painfully obvious I'm not familiar with that phrase.

~Keaton the Black Jackal
Well, that's exactly what I'm referencing. Except in this case, I mean it literally instead of the phantom sabotage; Arcwelder might be interpreted as a sort of 'gremlin', and he is actually taking your engine as his new home now :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Indeed, gremlins started off as a descriptive term used by front-line troops about random problems with the hardware that couldn't be replicated back with the engineers.

Being borged into a movie was much later.

e_voyager

my computer has died three times and is going beyond my vast duct tapping skills but i'll bee here as ofter as i can but if you need to auto Epyon once in a while to keep the story moving i'll understand.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tezkat

Sorry, guys... I've been otherwise occupied for the last little while. I won't be back to posting regularly until after Easter. You can assume that Tez is keeping to himself in one of the cabins until further notice.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Pandora's cabin, busily looking for hidden items? ;-]

Snuggles

Wow it seems that i am in the same boat as another few people. Sorry i haven't posted in a while... School+test=No life what so ever... So i am going to try and post today to get my char up to speed!!

techmaster-glitch

Aw Tape, you didn't inform Pandora of her new pet gremlin? :)

And on a bit of an unrelated, random note, I've discovered something that may help everyone (at least, those who have played this) imagine better what Arcwelder is like. Psychology and behaviorwise, Arcwelder is almost perfectly a Splicer from Bioshock. And I didn't play that game until after I made Arcwelder. Go figure.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Boogeyman,

The word you're looking for is "lurch"

HTH, HAND.

llearch

e_voyager

we'll said llearch.. i like the way you described Epyon's manner as he grabbed the packaged meat.  that's kind of the look i was going for before having him enforce his self control. also i was after an uncooked packet for reason that may be obvoise . when i get home tomorrow i'll spell check this post but for now i must away.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, yes. I -did- mean to ask you about that, when possible, and edit it if necessary.

I'm glad I understood what you were aiming for. It fit... well. ;-]

I considered leaving you an opening to respond, but it seems as if we, as a group, have difficulty with those. Perhaps next time.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... and before anyone asks, yes, I -did- ask Styg before having Sal do stuff.