Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lushin

Ummmm go with Sheabus I guess. I wanted to spell it the other way but I've gotten so used to spelling it with the a that I do it without thinking.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Quote from: Ren on January 05, 2008, 07:35:01 AM
normally when i make a char I still give him limints in my mind and example lets say just for the heck of it He fights some one with much less magic abuilty then him, well the other could win cause Ren's spell could back fire, or the other cast their's faster then him. Even if I don't put it, It still there XD.

There can't be any "secret" weaknesses or serendipitous strengths here. You need to list everything so there are no unfortunate surprises. Please be more specific with your weaknesses, because even if you are fully aware of every single weakness behind your character, we are not unless you state them.

Also, please punctuate your sentences a bit better. I'm going to make an addendum to the first post in the topic regarding grammar and spelling. Everybody will probably need to read it.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

techmaster-glitch

Heh, I just thought of something; what does a mob of fifteen or so adventurers look like walking down the street? ;)
That can't be inconspicuous :giggle

llearch n'n'daCorna

techmaster-glitch

INSECTIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!

Keaton, you have brought in my favorite race in DMFA (and with an absolutely stellar description as well!). :) You get a million cookies from me :mowcookie

Sunblink

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 05, 2008, 08:42:23 PM
INSECTIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!

Keaton, you have brought in my favorite race in DMFA (and with an absolutely stellar description as well!). :) You get a million cookies from me :mowcookie

Thank you very much! *bows* Insectis are PURE LOVE. Especially when you make an Asian Giant Hornet one. :3

*noms on the cookies*

~Keaton the Black Jackal

techmaster-glitch

I'm also going to go out on a limb and assume that this was the character that you didn't want to spoil to me? Good move :)

bill

When are you posting, tech, I wanna see how the hell your character is introduced  >:3

Sunblink

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 05, 2008, 09:40:11 PM
I'm also going to go out on a limb and assume that this was the character that you didn't want to spoil to me? Good move :)

Noooooope, that's not the one quite yet. :3 There are going to be more characters than the Queen Bee Bitch.

*grins her diabolical co-GM-grin*

~Keaton the Black Jackal

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 05, 2008, 09:41:38 PM
When are you posting, tech, I wanna see how the hell your character is introduced  >:3
Ohhh, you'll see, we had to come up with something a little special due to him being even more anti-social than Keats :B

...Wait, since when did YOU ever take any interest in me? :boggle *is scared of the BillMod*

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 05, 2008, 09:42:41 PM
Noooooope, that's not the one quite yet. :3 There are going to be more characters than the Queen Bee Bitch.

~Keaton the Black Jackal
Really? damn...Still, Queen Bitch (memories of StarCraft, lol), I think, is a nice addition :3

Ren

there it should be fix, just yell if it not (tried by best to fix the spelling, but grammer what gives me trouble sence i kinda suck at all forms of English, spanish and all other forms langue out there XD)

bill

btw the fact that we are doing a boat =  :eager

(i called that shit)

Sunblink

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 05, 2008, 09:45:36 PM
Ohhh, you'll see, we had to come up with something a little special due to him being even more anti-social than Keats :B

*halo* :3

QuoteReally? damn...Still, Queen Bitch (memories of StarCraft, lol), I think, is a nice addition :3

Well thank you. *bows* The Insectis-wasp will hopefully entertain, even if she has a personality as appealing as roadkill posing for goatse. :B

Anywaaaaay, moving away from that disturbing mental image.

Quote from: Ren on January 05, 2008, 09:54:16 PM
there it should be fix, just yell if it not (tried by best to fix the spelling, but grammer what gives me trouble sence i kinda suck at all forms of English, spanish and all other forms langue out there XD)

In terms of weaknesses and strengths, this is an improvement. However, if you need any help with spelling, I'd recommend using the spell-checker for the forum, or the newest version of Firefox.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

It includes a built-in spell-checker which works a little like Microsoft Word in that it creates a small red line underneath any misspelled words, and allows you to choose from a selection of possible correctly-spelled words if you right-click the underlined word. I use it all the time. :)

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 05, 2008, 10:05:18 PM

(i called that shit)

Who said we're actually going to get to go onto the boat? >:3

DUN DUN DUN [/Red Mage]

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Dannysaysnoo

*Glances at the RP*

Damn, wish i could get in this, but it doesn't look good for beginners.. or complete writing retards...

bill

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 05, 2008, 10:11:04 PM

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 05, 2008, 10:05:18 PM

(i called that shit)

Who said we're actually going to get to go onto the boat? >:3

*DUN DUN DUN* :O
I am going on the boat  >:]

Sunblink

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 05, 2008, 10:13:12 PM

Oh sure, just run that by the Insectis-wasp. I'm sure she'll be diplomatic. Being able to kill someone simply by sitting on them wouldn't ruin one's negotiation skills, I'm sure.

:3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

bill

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 05, 2008, 10:17:06 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on January 05, 2008, 10:13:12 PM

Oh sure, just run that by the Insectis-wasp. I'm sure she'll be diplomatic. Being able to kill someone simply by sitting on them wouldn't ruin one's negotiation skills, I'm sure.

:3

~Keaton the Black Jackal
it is stealthy  :ninja

Sunblink

Ren

bill

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren on January 06, 2008, 08:18:51 AM
I already used the foram's spell cheack.

I guess you also used Internet Explorer?  AFAIK it's the only modern browser which still doesn't contain a built-in spell-checker.  It might be worth your while looking into FireFox or Opera.  (Konqueror doesn't yet run on Windows as far as I know).
If you install and use one of those (I think Opera also requires an additional download for the dictionary) you should find it underlining questionable words in red as you type.

I wouldn't rely on the forum's own spell-checker as it seems to have been poisoned with invalid words like "forgetten".  Maybe "foram's" does mean something (it's not in the OED) but it certainly wasn't the word you wanted in that post and it should not have been let through.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 06, 2008, 10:12:51 AM
post of the year

Yes this is comming from some one who custom Title is I R serious jackass

Second, This is not my computer as mine is labled KIA

so I'm a little liminted in actions.

lucas marcone

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on January 05, 2008, 10:12:56 PM
*Glances at the RP*

Damn, wish i could get in this, but it doesn't look good for beginners.. or complete writing retards...

why not i'm in it?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Ren on January 06, 2008, 12:03:20 PM
Quote from: BillBuckner on January 06, 2008, 10:12:51 AM
post of the year

Yes this is comming from some one who custom Title is I R serious jackass

Second, This is not my computer as mine is labled KIA

so I'm a little liminted in actions.

That's unfortunate, then. I ran your post of the year through the spellcheck myself, and it did catch cheack, although foram did make it though. Perhaps a dialect? Either way, we're still going to have to insist that you use better spelling and grammar than you have been - if you find yourself incapable of any more, I would wonder why you're interested in participating in such a writing-intensive activity in the first place. We would ask that you improve your spelling and grammar.
If you cannot do that, and cannot use a browser with a built-in spellcheck, or use the forum's built in spellchecker, or even Microsoft Word's spellcheck, I must simply apologize and deny approval to your character.

techmaster-glitch

Or he could go the route I do; proofread and edit. I always give my posts a good read-over to make sure there are no mistakes, correct any i see, then post. Then i double-check once it's posted. It actually happens quite often that I don't catch a certain mistake until after it's been posted, but posted does not mean irrevocable. I just go and edit again.

If Ren here is actually incapable of spotting mistakes himself (if English isn't his first language, he's just never leanred, whatever), then normally I'd say we simply help him by pointing out specifically all the mistakes he makes, whether by OOC post or by PM. Eventually, he should learn enough to spot them on his own.

But I'd only be saying that if this RP wasn't already so big, so for now, I'm gonna have to go with cog.

How-e-ver, that doesn't mean you can't join any of the other, less-populated RPs, Ren (Maybe even Heeeero's Leeeague? :3) If I'm in the same RP, I'll be sure to help you out, if you accept it.

Cogidubnus

We're not trying to be grammar Nazi's, Tech. I screw up myself - I am a card-carrying abuser of apostrophes and commas, and also screw up their and they're quite a bit. That said, asking someone to at least be able to regulate their own writing is not too much to ask for an RP.

Also, to Tez - Kytharion probably already knows we're coming for him. He probably figured Keaton got free somehow when the control collar got broken about a month ago, and when she didn't come back... >:3

* * * - Edit

This reminds me - someone is still printing off these RP topics. Llearch managed to be online when this happened the last time, and whoever is doing it does not have an ip with any registered user name on this forum. We know the user has a Canada address, though - if anyone knows who might keep printing these things off, we'd be very grateful.
To the person who is doing this - seriously, we'd really appreciate it if you'd just register and post saying who you are and why. It's really kinda weird.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Note that that doesn't mean we want you to stop. We'd just appreciate it if, whoever you are, you weren't quite so anonymous about it. It smacks of stalker-ism, and that's not a good thing.

Tapewolf

That is bizarre.  It's possible that a couple of them (not the Canadian, obviously) might have been me, as I often use the 'Print' function as a quick way to search for text in a multipage thread, and in spite of the uptime I've accumulated here, I'm not always logged into the system.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tezkat

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 06, 2008, 05:14:22 PM
Also, to Tez - Kytharion probably already knows we're coming for him. He probably figured Keaton got free somehow when the control collar got broken about a month ago, and when she didn't come back... >:3

I think you misunderstood Fang's intention. Kytharion would obviously know that Keaton was coming for him, or at least that she was missing and upset. Fang is worried about her having introduced the quarry to us. It's the all important difference between "That jackal chick you tortured for 400 years must be out there somewhere. I'll bet she's pretty pissed." and "Hey boss, that jackal chick you tortured was at the Verdant Cuff tonight recruiting a dozen Adventurers to kill you. They're at the docks right now." The latter presents a much more immediate threat--to both sides, and to a certain new recruit in particular. >:]

If he can't find any nasty enemy agents or people ready to rat him out, Fang will eventually get bored and leave. Or I could concoct a random victim for him to play with. It's all character development anyway--a chance to glimpse their conspiracy-filled inner world. The presence of someone watching their every move is assumed by default, just to be on the safe side. :dface

This reminds me - someone is still printing off these RP topics. Llearch managed to be online when this happened the last time, and whoever is doing it does not have an ip with any registered user name on this forum. We know the user has a Canada address, though - if anyone knows who might keep printing these things off, we'd be very grateful.
To the person who is doing this - seriously, we'd really appreciate it if you'd just register and post saying who you are and why. It's really kinda weird.

Hmm? One of the Canadians might be me. I usually snag a print view for my archives after posting, and sometimes before if there's more than a page of posts for me to wade through before composing a reply. But I'm easy enough to track down even when not logged in, seeing as how my primary IP address hasn't changed for a decade. :3

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...