Something I've noticed about these here forums.

Started by Dannysaysnoo, December 08, 2007, 08:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannysaysnoo

*hat on*

I'm assuming most of the people who come here are American, this i cannot confirm, but It's a reasonable assumption.

A lot more people are on during the night time in Britan, but very little posting is done compared to the daylight hours. Are you all shy or something?

techmaster-glitch

Because I'd say only roughly half of the population here is American. Strickly speaking regulars, it's even less.
That and (probably the main reason) most of the people here have actual day jobs, or go to school if they're not old enough for that.

Dannysaysnoo

Reese Tora

waiting for someone else to type something interesting to respond to, no doubt.

I think the majority of people who are on in daylight are lurking or are AFK or at work

Me, I'm waiting for something interesting to respond to...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Kasarn

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 08, 2007, 08:41:41 PM
But why are so many people still on?

Because they don't log off? I'm in ur forum, using up ur system resources.

Zina

I don't understand if you mean daytime in Britain or in America.
Like others said, most of the posters either have jobs during the day or are at school. I know I'm usually busy during the day and don't get online all that much.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Zina on December 09, 2007, 02:37:24 AM
Oooooor it could be because a lot of people that post here have jobs or are still in school and can't get online until during the evening.
That's almost exactly what I said :<

Zina

I didn't read every single comment until after I posted. Oh wells.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kasarn on December 08, 2007, 08:54:17 PM

You're discounted if you haven't refreshed a page in the last 20 minutes, even if you're still logged in.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

if you spend three hours an evening chillin online while you eat what is laughably called a dinner and chat with whatever schmucks tolerate you- you may as well just leave the forum open and check back randomly, particularly if you are participating in games like PAY or camping for a new comic you can start a thread for.

also the majority of people on this forum fear sunlight, and are most active after the orb of pain goes away allowing them to stalk thier quarry of ramen noodles and noobs
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Kasarn

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 09, 2007, 03:41:24 AM
Quote from: Kasarn on December 08, 2007, 08:54:17 PM

You're discounted if you haven't refreshed a page in the last 20 minutes, even if you're still logged in.

That was in my original post... but it was boring and technical sounding. :V

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kasarn on December 09, 2007, 04:18:32 AM
That was in my original post... but it was boring and technical sounding. :V

.. which would be why I felt I had to say it. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

I'm Canadian and find the assumption that I might be American highly offencive :<
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Dannysaysnoo

Netrogo

You were the one making the offencive statment >:O

Dannysaysnoo

Netrogo

Still you can't be offended by your own statement. Unless you've got multiple personalities or something :B

Dannysaysnoo

Netrogo

Brunhidden

Quote from: Netrogo on December 09, 2007, 10:48:04 AM
I'm Canadian and find the assumption that I might be American highly offencive :<

You are American, that continent you are on is called North America you know. the statement of 'american' was mostly aimed at time zone, observing that the majority of posts come from one section of the day

you being confused for american has got to be less irritating then a swiss being confused for a swede

Darkmoon

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 09, 2007, 10:52:11 AM
Same goes for us Scots.

You're offended at being considered Canadian?
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Reese Tora

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 09, 2007, 02:40:50 PM

Same goes for us Scots.

I'm an american citizen, and I find this offensive too.  After all, all americans are supposed to mortally offended by just about anything, including the implication that any other country exists. :3

Don

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 08, 2007, 08:41:08 PM
Because I'd say only roughly half of the population here is American. Strickly speaking regulars, it's even less.
That and (probably the main reason) most of the people here have actual day jobs, or go to school if they're not old enough for that.

I go to school and work.

Quote from: Reese Tora on December 08, 2007, 08:50:41 PM
waiting for someone else to type something interesting to respond to, no doubt.

I think the majority of people who are on in daylight are lurking or are AFK or at work

Me, I'm waiting for something interesting to respond to...

I'm not good at starting conversations. I too tend to join ones that I am interested in or know a bit about.

I'm canadian as well.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Reese Tora on December 09, 2007, 03:29:34 PM

Same goes for us Scots.

I'm an american citizen, and I find this offensive too.  After all, all americans are supposed to mortally offended by just about anything, including the implication that any other country exists. :3

Actually, I've found the opposite of that to be true almost all the time, considering how many jokes we make to poke fun at these other countries, and not to mention, we make fun of ourselves on a regular basis.

American idiot, anyone?

It's actually very hard to really offend us, because their is no intangible cultural theme or subject that we hold dear enough that we care about it being made fun of, unlike some other countires, who have something that must be held in great reverence. Oh wait, I think that's religion >:3 >:3 >:3

Dannysaysnoo

Insult America?

How about Burger Eating War Monkeys?

Brunhidden

I do not know why everyone wants to insult america.

sure, theres plenty to insult, but americans are right up front with complaining how crappy america is. rest easy knowing the job is being done without foreign aid

As a side note- i did not have a choice of being born here, my family is actually planning to move to Norway when we have a chance.

Reese Tora

Zina

Same goes for us Scots.

Wait wait wait. Back up.
There are other countries besides America? That sounds like witch-talk to me. >:[

Eibborn

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 09, 2007, 03:55:30 PM
It's actually very hard to really offend us, because their is no intangilbe cultural theme or subject that we hold dear enough that we care about it being made fun of, unlike some other countires, who have something that must be held in great reverence. Oh wait, I think that's religion >:3 >:3 >:3

Nah, Americans are as easy to offend as most cultures I've personally run into. Many people make fun of themselves, but there are also those in the group who will start a massive argument over the slightest thing. If you need proof, just check comments on any video on YouTube which pokes fun at Americans. There are morons and there are intellects, but both can be offended without too much effort.

Quote from: Brunhidden on December 09, 2007, 01:32:09 PM
You are American, that continent you are on is called North America you know.
Then we're North Americans. This is important to Canadians, because our cultures are quite similar. We do not wish to be called Americans because quite frankly it means to most people 'Residents of the United States of America.'
By your logic, then Gabi is an American as well, but I can't imagine calling her that.
/kicks the internet over

Valynth

Same goes for us Scots.

Since when did America convert to Islam?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)