title page seems different.

Started by GabrielsThoughts, December 06, 2007, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

um... I noticed a problem with the title page, the one with the ridiculous  MA warning, My firefox browser is displaying the CVRPG logo and disclaimer aligned left. I was wondering if this was intentional, although I suspect this may have something to do with firefox's latest update.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

I think it has more to do with my server being fucked up right now. It's taking forever to load shit, which I figure means there's something going on  on their end. When I check the CSS, it works fine, and when I go in, the same rules controlling the centering on the page are working fine...

So it's prolly the server.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's also timing out on the menu images in the archive pages at times.

That may or may not be useful information to the folks diagnosing it. If they are.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

I dunno if they are or not.

I've had this problem before. Usually most things load, but sometimes things have to get refreshed a couple of times. After about a week, everything goes back to normal.

Destina Faroda

I'm thinking maybe you should ditch PowWeb as soon as you can.  I've heard and more and more negative things about them recently when it comes to performance and support.

How much Web space/bandwidth does the suite of CVRPG/ICVD/Clockwork Mansion sites use, anyway?
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Only CVRPG is hosted on PowWeb. However:

ICVD uses, with subhosts, about 10GB space and 25GB of band.
CMF uses about 2GB of space and 7GB of band.
And I honestly don't know how big CVRPG is, although it doesn't nearly touch it's band allotment.

And yeah, I'm getting tired of CVRPG. Next time it comes up for yearly renewal, I may move it.

Darkmoon

I bitched.

They said nothing was wrong.

I bitched more.

They assure me nothing was wrong.

I bitched some more.

Site seems to be working now.

Apparently, something WAS wrong.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server