11/23/07 [DMFA #845] - Hair

Started by AndersW, November 22, 2007, 11:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt

Wow that second pannel is so happy i'm afraid I may have rainbow hair now too.

Reaver225

Oh sweet hilarity! I just wish we could see the look on Alexi's face...

Falcarthum

OK, who say that his colorful hair is not part of the phase four of Mab's scheme? whatever her scheme is...

By the way, is someone keepping  a track of her steps? So far,  I only know the third step: putting a curse over Jyrras.  Anyone get a clue about the previous two?

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Alondro

At least the rainbows weren't lethal...

Now where's that picture of the Care Bear shooting the rainbow through that guy..  Arg, I must find it!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Netrogo

Just to make the fangirls speculate.

*Ahem* I wonder if it's just the hair on his head that's rainbow colored >:3
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Naldru

Quote from: Netrogo on November 23, 2007, 11:25:03 AM
Just to make the fangirls speculate.

*Ahem* I wonder if it's just the hair on his head that's rainbow colored >:3
Well, he is a furry so the fur is all over his face and I don't see any rainbows in his face.  Unless you were thinking about a specific patch of hair that is normally covered.

Now, if he put on a hat or wig, would the covering also take on the rainbow coloration.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Dannysaysnoo

One of very many times i have ever laughed so hard it hurt. Simply divine!

His hair reminds me of this delicious rainbow ice-cream i had once, but i could never find any more :(

Insert Witty Name

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 23, 2007, 11:53:51 AM

His hair reminds me of this delicious rainbow ice-cream i had once, but i could never find any more :(

Do you mean neopolitan ice cream? Or something even better?
The lurker formerly known as "Zombie_Hunter".

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Zombie_Hunter on November 23, 2007, 12:28:29 PM

EVEN BETTER! it was all fruity and scrumtrillesscent, i so love it, but i haven't seen it for 5 years...

E-Jade

I would have just loved to see the start of that conversation.  Poor Jyrras.  Such cruel irony.

Amber Williams

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 23, 2007, 12:34:55 PM

EVEN BETTER! it was all fruity and scrumtrillesscent, i so love it, but i haven't seen it for 5 years...

I think what you are describing is rainbow sherbet.  Try doing a google search to see if it brings up any pictures.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 23, 2007, 12:38:22 PM

I think what you are describing is rainbow sherbet.  Try doing a google search to see if it brings up any pictures.

That could be it, but i dont think it was a baskin-robbins ice cream i had, it might have been Walls. Ill wikipedia it...just in case.

Netrogo

You might be thinking of Neon-politan. It was this funky neopolitan ice cream but it was rainbow neon colors instead of the traditional brown white and pink.

Dannysaysnoo

Sounds awesome, ill get it googled....

...Maybe not, is neon-politan the same flavors as regular-politan?

Angel

(smiling, but confused) Um...uh....um...uh...

Well, I guess it made sense to Nutmeg.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 23, 2007, 12:05:50 AM
Note: If you are going to need to edit your post several times, perhaps you should hold off on trying to be the first post...cause its just as annoying to see someone dive for it, but then have to edit their post to add the actual content.

Cause one-sentance thread-starters reek of "omg! I want to have the thread starting, but I have to type super fast to make sure I make it first so I better not put any effort into the actual post!"

We could put the effort in to delete just that post, and leave the second poster as the thread starter.

Just to rub it in, y'see...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aleolus

Quote from: superluser on November 23, 2007, 09:38:22 AM
It's appropriate, not ironic.  Irony would be if he claimed to be straight and his hair was rainbow colored.  Or if he decided that he wouldn't use the rainbow symbol and his hair was rainbow colored.

Actually, if Alexsi still doesn't know that Jyrras is gay, it might be dramatic irony.

I for one am still firmly entrenched in the "Jyrras is Bi" camp, and nothing, not even the author herself telling me I am wrong will dislodge me from it!

Come to us, Jyrras!  Come back to the light!  Turn from the dark side, you have the strength!

Netrogo

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 23, 2007, 01:02:03 PM
Sounds awesome, ill get it googled....

...Maybe not, is neon-politan the same flavors as regular-politan?

Nope, it was different flavors. It's been quite awhile since I've had it though so can't recall them. But it was actual ice cream not sherbert I know that much.

Aisha deCabre

Would it be the ice cream flavor known as Superman?

And I just love the expression on Jy's face in the last panel.  Too priceless. x3  But anyway, huzzah for the end of an arc.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

£1.39 at Sainsburys  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Don

Despite the irony with the last panel, I think the hair looks sweet on Jy.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 23, 2007, 04:24:50 PM
£1.39 at Sainsburys  :3

Tape, of you can send me a photo of said iced cream, and if it is what i am searching for, i will be even more in your eternal debt!

Tapewolf

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 23, 2007, 04:58:45 PM
Tape, of you can send me a photo of said iced cream, and if it is what i am searching for, i will be even more in your eternal debt!

I didn't buy any, and I'd rather not take photos of food in Sainsburys because I'd look like a weirdo.
It's got three bands - brown, yellow and pink, presumably for chocolate, vanilla and raspberry or something.  I never really liked it much as a kid, but the idea of it not being around came as a shock, so I had to see...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 23, 2007, 05:15:04 PMI didn't buy any, and I'd rather not take photos of food in Sainsburys because I'd look like a weirdo.

Funny, that would be a reason for me *to* do something like that.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 23, 2007, 05:15:04 PMIt's got three bands - brown, yellow and pink, presumably for chocolate, vanilla and raspberry or something.  I never really liked it much as a kid, but the idea of it not being around came as a shock, so I had to see...

That's Neapolitan.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 23, 2007, 05:15:04 PM
Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 23, 2007, 04:58:45 PM

I didn't buy any, and I'd rather not take photos of food in Sainsburys because I'd look like a weirdo.
It's got three bands - brown, yellow and pink, presumably for chocolate, vanilla and raspberry or something.  I never really liked it much as a kid, but the idea of it not being around came as a shock, so I had to see...

Ah well, it came close. But i do likes the Neapolitan. Mainly for the strawberry.

Jakon

Quote from: CameronCN on November 23, 2007, 12:07:22 AM
Yes, the hair is ironic beyond belief... >:3

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Anyways... poor Jyrras. I'd shave my head if I were him. >.>

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 23, 2007, 05:15:04 PM

I believe that's not the "Neon-politan" to which they were referring, but "Neopolitan" which is the original "flavour".

The latter is, indeed, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. The latter is probably lime, banana, and raspberry, in the neon sort of colours you get ice-blocks in. That's a guess, but I think Janus mentioned someone persuading him it was made with paint when he was younger, and that sort of colouring would match with that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dannysaysnoo

I distinctly remember it being all of the rainbow, and not sherbet(which is quite different in America it seems). I think it was from Walls Ice Creams, but i might be mistaken. Most might not have heard of it because my whole family thought it was dismal. I had to eat theirs!

M

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on November 23, 2007, 04:16:50 PM
Would it be the ice cream flavor known as Superman?

Holy crap, I love that flavor so much! Shame I haven't been able to find it for years.

I wish Jy's rainbow hair would stay. It's fun.  :3 I wouldn't mind having my hair look like that.

Dannysaysnoo

It is a rather nice colour, but would look even better in a mohawk