further proof that with science you can proove anything.

Started by GabrielsThoughts, November 13, 2007, 10:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Sienna Maiu - M T

That's actually quite interesting. *starts chowing down on (more) icecream*

gh0st

just like this british research type thing, they are part of a show called brainiac science abuse and basically they heard that you can burn the same amount of calories looking at a naked women for thirty minutes as if you spent thirty minutes doing a heavy work out at the gym.

you can kinda guess how that ended (lucky b@@@@@@)

Vidar

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 13, 2007, 01:53:13 PM

Actually, since the article talks about omega3 fatty acids, it might be better if you replaced the icecream with, say, fish that's high in omega3 fatty acids, like salmon and tuna.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Fuyudenki

Hips, not belly.

I'm not insinuating anything!(Sienna is built like Teekay, and I'll wager that's mostly muscle on her, too.)

Reese Tora

That might be kinda cool if it was anything more than a correlation. :3

(you know, if there is a cause and effect pairing here, it's more likely that smart women eat more healthy food, like fish, that would contribte to the appropriate fat deposits. :B )

<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

DoctaMario

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 13, 2007, 10:49:42 PM
That might be kinda cool if it was anything more than a correlation. :3

(you know, if there is a cause and effect pairing here, it's more likely that smart women eat more healthy food, like fish, that would contribte to the appropriate fat deposits. :B )

yeah but wouldn't you think that if they WERE eating better then they wouldn't GET the fat deposits in the first place?

techmaster-glitch

You missed the point Mario. Reese means the 'fat deposites' around the hips, which is actually an attractive feature, accentuating the curves of the female body. However, this only works with omega3 fatty acids, which are good for you. Normal fats, omega6, make deposites arounf the waist and belly, which is not attractive.

In fact, here's some more info on the subject, but you'll have to look for it. Look for the vid 'curve appeal'. link Note: the vid will probably dissapear after a day or two.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Hmm... I'm pondering about the fact that fish in my favourite food (paired with spaghetti, but not actually eaten together) ...

Quote from: Vidar on November 13, 2007, 05:34:05 PM

Actually, since the article talks about omega3 fatty acids, it might be better if you replaced the icecream with, say, fish that's high in omega3 fatty acids, like salmon and tuna.
*eye rolls*
Well obviously!

Quote from: Raist on November 13, 2007, 09:19:01 PM

Hips, not belly.
crunches. stupid. just kidding, that would be mean

teekay?

Fuyudenki

Radio Project's current voice of Alexsi.  She's about 5'4", natural blonde, with massive...erm... chest...(for the first year I knew her, it was distracting to sit across the table from her!  Think I've got a handle on it, now.), and built like a dwarf.

Her boyfriend likes poking her belly and saying "It's not fat, it's not fat!"

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Raist on November 14, 2007, 01:34:25 AM
Her boyfriend likes poking her belly and saying "It's not fat, it's not fat!"

I would imagine this is due to the high percentage of young women these days who are skinny as twigs, yet have this strange belly thing going on.
My mom doesn't remember them in her youth, she doesn't think that people were doing the twist that much though. I am willing to wager that it has something to do with the foods we eat these days, having constant access to the junk foods and fast foods now that she didn't have then.

Fuyudenki

ah yes, but I mentioned, she's built like a dwarf.

She like she's carrying a spare tire around, but it's not fat.  It's all muscle.  She's probably stronger than I am.

Half a year ago, I commented that she seems like a mother bear, both in physical appearance and behavior.  Since then, she's adopted the grizzly bear for her fursona.

Sienna Maiu - M T

hm, cool.

*is weak, doesn't compare*

Last time I carried a person in my arms, they were only 98lbs, and that was several years ago. All I had to do was carry them out of the water and up the stairs, she was "unconcious"

DoctaMario

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 14, 2007, 12:13:20 AM
You missed the point Mario. Reese means the 'fat deposites' around the hips, which is actually an attractive feature, accentuating the curves of the female body. However, this only works with omega3 fatty acids, which are good for you. Normal fats, omega6, make deposites arounf the waist and belly, which is not attractive.

In fact, here's some more info on the subject, but you'll have to look for it. Look for the vid 'curve appeal'. link Note: the vid will probably dissapear after a day or two.

Ah, got it. I'm still in the thinking that all fat is bad fat sometimes, even though I know it's not true.

BTW, I think the news anchor and that woman who did the report and banging each other. Just my 2 cents.

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 14, 2007, 01:50:09 AM
I would imagine this is due to the high percentage of young women these days who are skinny as twigs, yet have this strange belly thing going on.
My mom doesn't remember them in her youth, she doesn't think that people were doing the twist that much though. I am willing to wager that it has something to do with the foods we eat these days, having constant access to the junk foods and fast foods now that she didn't have then.

We eat a lot more in the way of processed foods these days both in restaurants and at home, and those additives definitely cause people to gain weight. Of course, it doesn't help that everyone works behind a desk and works an absurd amount of time each week so they have little to no time to exercise.  :P

Sienna Maiu - M T

but why are they all packing it on their stomaches? They've all practically got these pouches going on.
At least I don't flaunt mine. and it's not too bad (as long as I don't get lazy)

DoctaMario

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 14, 2007, 12:18:34 PM
but why are they all packing it on their stomaches? They've all practically got these pouches going on.
At least I don't flaunt mine. and it's not too bad (as long as I don't get lazy)

Depending on the kind of fat in the food, it may go more to the stomach. It also depends on your body type too. Some women end up with most of the fat going to their stomachs, some the hips, some the breasts. It's all genetic I think.

But if the girls are college age, you can usually assume their gut is a result of too many beers.  :erk

Angel

:woot I never thought it'd be a good thing to have big thighs until today!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Fuyudenki

Oh, my thighs are so massive they rub together if my feet aren't shoulder-width apart.

That's why I can perform an 8-foot standing longjump.

Fat generally isn't good for you, but there's no point in freaking out about it, you'll never have any fun.  And fun is the point of life, isn't it?

Large hips have long been a sign of an attractive woman.  "Birthing hips" is a compliment, and my mom comments that it's just as well my two brothers, my sister, and I were born by C-section, because she didn't have them.

Too much fat is decidedly not attractive.

But then, neither is too little.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Raist on November 14, 2007, 04:44:35 PM

I like a little muscle . . . on a woman.
I'm not a fan of big burly men.

DoctaMario

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 14, 2007, 07:01:10 PM
Quote from: Raist on November 14, 2007, 04:44:35 PM

I like a little muscle . . . on a woman.
I'm not a fan of big burly men.

i don't like too much muscle on a woman. I have a friend who had a voice teacher who was into mountain climbing and her chest and arms made her look like some WWE wrester. But the rest of her was normal. It was weird. I accompanied my friend at her lessons for a couple weeks, and I'd be staring at the teacher's arms and chest the whole time. Creeped me out!  :U

Sienna Maiu - M T

So then you're rather like with women as I am with men, they just don't look good.

Personally, I don't get why the "ripped"-look is so great, I think 'toned' is far better.

And with me... I'm all about the abs.

Fuyudenki

Perfect male physical specimen, IMO.

No surprise, he's the co-founder of FreeRunning.

Still working on what I would consider an "ideal" female specimen.  I think one of my friends fits the bill nicely, but I'm going to have fat luck trying to get a picture of her.

Light weight, smallish-medium bust size, and very fit, but not muscular.

DoctaMario

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 14, 2007, 10:37:37 PM
So then you're rather like with women as I am with men, they just don't look good.

Personally, I don't get why the "ripped"-look is so great, I think 'toned' is far better.

And with me... I'm all about the abs.

Yeah, toned moreso than ripped. I usually prefer curvier women though, I don't get what is so attractive about the skeletal or athletic look. Not that there can't be women with those body types that are attractive, but...

Sienna Maiu - M T

Sienna Maiu - M T

haseeb

Seems interesting but for some reason i doubt that it is 100% true. kruger strikes!