INTO THE WILD: Movie Review.

Started by GabrielsThoughts, November 18, 2007, 09:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

Gabriel R Lopez
ULTIMATE REBELLION: Something Beyond Paradise
Movie Review for "into the wild"
November 18, 2007

Into The Wild is a movie about choices, desperation, and how one man's life can impact many others.  Christopher McCandless is a man on a journey to find himself, and discover the beauty of the world around him.

There's an emotional attachment that develops between  the audience and McCandless, and  one cannot leave the theater without being moved by the events of his life.  Having recently  graduated from college the hero of this story finds himself at a crossroads, he could become an engineer like his father, or he could  seek his own path and discover what the world has to offer. 

What follows is a series of events that are literally set up like the chapters of a book. We soon discover that  Chris is the bastard son of his father's mistress, that  he came from a broken home and that his parents lived in an abusive relationship. As a young child Christopher  ran away from home and was found six blocks away at a neighbors house.  As an adult Chris gives up all his material possessions and seeks something more.

Separated from his family the journey begins with a flash flood on a deserted Arizona highway. McCandless burns the last of  his material possessions and abandons his car, then starts walking, not knowing where the road will take him. On this journey he makes new friends and engages in criminal activities that  make him a wanted man. Traveling through the American wilderness, Mexico, the urban jungle of California, and Alaska. McCandless sees every face of humanity and eventually falls in love.

Based on a true story of  forbidden romance, poverty, redemption, and tragedy there are many moments in the movie that make you smile, and there are moments that will make you cry.  A tale of rebellion, adventure, hope and tragedy this movie is perfect, in that you experience the full range of emotions, there are  times you can feel the rush of adrenaline and there are times you can feel time passing slowly. 

Into The Wild has it's own philosophy , it gives one a brief glimpse at human suffering, and how true happiness cannot be achieved  without  first experiencing life.  I believe the actors chosen for this movie performed wonderfully, the direction was excellent and true to life. With outstanding visuals that show mother nature's true strength and beauty.  I believe Into The Wild deserves four out of five stars. 

#                  #                       #
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Congrats, you're done.

I suppose I might watch that, I don't think I'm willing to lay down six+ hours to read it.