Clockwork Mansion Questionnaire

Started by DoctaMario, November 09, 2007, 03:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 10, 2007, 02:44:44 PM
Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 10, 2007, 01:27:41 PM
Quote from: TapeWolf on November 09, 2007, 03:54:15 PM
Another one!  It seems my evil plan to hook innocent people on DMFA is working >:3

Wait...you have an evil plan? I thought i knew you, JPM....

I'm still trying to figure out what's evil about it.

Isn't it obvious? By luring me here, he can establish contact, get me to visit his house, and give me drugs until my hp is negative!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dannysaysnoo

Negative HP!!! A slight fall will kill me, even though the drugs will have made me all-powerful.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, so great, all-encompassing powers...

... itty bitty living space?

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 10, 2007, 07:45:11 PM

...one square millimeter will cost upwards of £ 5 billion.

By the by, llearch, have you read any of TapeWolf's Anti-Walkthroughs?

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 10, 2007, 07:45:11 PM

Phenomenal cosmic power! :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 10, 2007, 07:48:07 PM
By the by, llearch, have you read any of TapeWolf's Anti-Walkthroughs?

All of them, I think. Why?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 10, 2007, 02:44:44 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what's evil about it.

On the face of it it looks like I'm trying to bring Amber more readers and donations and stuff by making people who would not otherwise find DMFA aware of it, but in reality it's pure selfishness.  You see, if I can't cure my own DMFA obsession, I can at least make other people suffer with me :mwaha

Besides, an 'evil plan' is cool.  You can't have a 'wonderful plan' or a 'beneficent plan', it's just doesn't sound right.

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 10, 2007, 01:27:41 PMDon't forget the Monkeys crisps.
You know what?  I had...

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 10, 2007, 07:02:33 PM
... and [negative HP] is evil because? ;-]

Tell that to the guy in Alone In The Dark.  We had to use a hex editor for that one but we did patch him to have 32767 health points.  (And 32767 bullets, which my brother described as 'loading the gun, as a dice is loaded' but that's another story).  Anyway, out of morbid curiosity I gave him one of the health potions or brandies or whatever they are.  From the number I've given you can probably deduce that they were using 16-bit signed integers in the game engine, if you're technically inclined.
He took a sip of the bottle, made his usual refreshed 'Ahhh....' sound, and then let out a piercing scream and fell dead with about -32750 health points.

Anyway, enough about my wrongdoings.  Can we have more surveys?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 11, 2007, 06:37:59 AM
Besides, an 'evil plan' is cool.  You can't have a 'wonderful plan' or a 'beneficent plan', it's just doesn't sound right.

"masterful plan", OTOH... ;-]

Dannysaysnoo

How about a "tactical plan"?

oh wait...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Usually that's "tactical error, which is a slightly different concept. ;-]

Fuyudenki

it's my evil plan to save the world.
Just you wait 'till it's unfurled.
it'll go down in history.

Tapewolf, thanks for the laugh.  That was great.

Maybe that's why the Positive Energy Plane in DnD can kill you if you stay for too long.

Sienna Maiu - M T

1.What is your name?: no
2.What is your occupation (if any) and do you like it?: Student. Yes, although stressful (long story, but I successfully got into school a month late, so catch-up plus getting in was stressful And of course stress led to me losing my voice ;-;)
3.Where are you from?Canada, biznatch.
4.If you could put out a cell phone with a new ridiculous feature, what would it be and why?I dunno... a fishline? For when you're just fishing for trouble, just drop us a line?

5.What/who is your favorite: cheese

Book? Anything I've read so far by Tamora Pierce, as well as the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix
Album?I don't know, although I suppose I should... (on top of not knowing the music world, I guess I'm just indecisive like that. Maybe)
Movie?Well, I think I had one... at some point... For lack of an immediate answer, I guess I'll just default to "Spice World"  >:3
Game? TETRIS!!! (and you... <.< >.>)
Food?Spaghetti as well as fish.
Guilty Pleasure? IceCream? *does extra crunches ^-^*

6.Do you agree with the popular belief that people who smoke cigarettes with wet hair are badasses who tear shit up or not? Explain why, but keep it short. :
What?

7.Flying: Fun or a Pain? I don't know... I've only flown once, (twice if you count the return trip, three times if you count the "transfer" in Montreal) That first time was September the eleventh 2003

8. Have you ever stolen anything? I was three okay?!?!  :mowsad

9.Would you describe yourself as an optimist or a pessimist? Umm... depends on how I feel that day, I would say I'm fairly optimistic though.

11.How did you end up here in the Clockwork Mansion? We -of DMFA- moved from The Nice, and how I got there is a whole nother story entirely (involving another comic entirely, which was then dead at the time)

12.Explain your Karma ratio: *shrugs* I would imagine it has something to do with being a relatively nice, but relusive person.

13.What do you think of DoctaMario so far? He doesn't think I'm cool, well I was planning to do this even before doing that, so I guess that means I'm not cool.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 09, 2007, 03:20:29 PM
Incidentally, you missed number 10.
I figured he just wanted to have thirteen.
Quote from: DoctaMario on November 09, 2007, 03:30:20 PM

I skipped it. Kinda like how some buildings skip the 13th floor.  :zombiekun2

They don't they make a miniature thirteenth floor which no one uses, but although is only an inch to a foot tall, is still there.

[Edit: The fudge? Where is all my non-bolding?]
And where did those sad-faces come from?
*paranoid*
anywho, fix'd

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 11, 2007, 04:04:37 PM

They don't they make a miniature thirteenth floor which no one uses, but although is only an inch to a foot tall, is still there.

Pardon? Do they make this 13th floor for rats who want larger apartments?

Eibborn

2.What is your occupation (if any) and do you like it?:Student. Yes, although stressful (long story, but I successfully got into school a month late, so catch-up plus getting in was stressful And of course stress led to me losing my voice ;-;)

Adgao Who are you, Princess Garnet? D:
/kicks the internet over

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Eibbor_N on November 11, 2007, 05:44:07 PM
2.What is your occupation (if any) and do you like it?: Student. Yes, although stressful (long story, but I successfully got into school a month late, so catch-up plus getting in was stressful And of course stress led to me losing my voice ;-;)

Adgao Who are you, Princess Garnet? D:

Upon research of who this is, I'm going to say "Yes", just for kicks.
Also, Adgao?

DoctaMario

Game? TETRIS!!! (and you... <.< >.>)

Funny you should say that, I've been playing a lot of Tetris in the last couple days for some reason :hmm:

Quote13.What do you think of DoctaMario so far? He doesn't think I'm cool, well I was planning to do this even before doing that, so I guess that means I'm not cool.

I actually do. That pic of you with the pink hair throwing the punch was pretty badass.  :batman

[/quote]

Really? That's weird. But something I definitely didn't know.  Consider me educated!

xHaZxMaTx

Methinks she meant the space between the floor and the ceiling below it. :B

Netrogo

Sure, why not

1.What is your name? (Don't bother censoring it, the Govt. already knows your IP address) Not revealed online except under unique circumstances. Nearly everytime I've told someone my 'real name' they've suddenly taken that as an open invite to start calling me by it wherever they see me online thus DEFEATING THE GODDAM PURPOSE OF HAVING A NICKNAME IN THE FIRST PLACE! Thus you get nothing >:3

2.What is your occupation (if any) and do you like it? Background actor and professional guinea pig.

3.Where are you from? Toronto, Ontario.

4.If you could put out a cell phone with a new ridiculous feature, what would it be and why? A small but powerful blowtorch, so I can set every smoker who assumes I (and everyone else in the world) smokes and asks to 'bum a smoke' on fire.

5.What/who is your favorite:

•Book? World War Hulk (Comic books are books too >:O )
•Album? Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight (No I'm not emo, I just like their music)
•Movie? Con Air.
•Game? Fatal Frame 1, 2, & 3.
•Food? N/A, although the more fattening and bad for you the better. I love rubbing my metabolism in 'the big people's' faces >:]
•Guilty Pleasure? Can't say but it involves a roll of duct tape, two geese, and twenty three toothpicks.

6.Do you agree with the popular belief that people who smoke cigarettes with wet hair are badasses who tear shit up or not? Explain why, but keep it short.
No. Reason is referenced above.

7.Flying: Fun or a Pain?
I sit around all day anyways, may as well sit around several thousand feet in the air with someone who can bring me drinks.

8. Have you ever stolen anything?
I used to work at Walmart.

9.Would you describe yourself as an optimist or a pessimist?
*Shrugs*

11.How did you end up here in the Clockwork Mansion?
Oooh this is actually an interesting story, to me anyways. I went to Anime North and, since we knew she was going to be there, tried to find Amber. After much searching for the fabled Mow Hat I saw little plush Dan sticking out of someones backpack (Amber's). Turned out Amber had forgotten her Mow Hat at home so since I live in Toronto (where anime north is held) I offered to go sign up on the forums and let everyone know that she had forgotten her hat. I also turned around and printed out the entire thread of greets and such and brought it to her the next day at the con. Me and my entourage of friends wound up abducting Amber and spending the whole Saturday of the con hanging out with her. After the con I just kinda stuck around.

12.Explain your Karma ratio.
I go on the belief that two wrongs don't make a right, but if I keep doing enough bad things the system will overload and explode and somehow I'll win the lottery and gain superpowers.

13.What do you think of DoctaMario so far?
He's not on fire as much as he should be.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on November 12, 2007, 10:45:17 AM
Methinks she meant the space between the floor and the ceiling below it. :B
. . . I have no idea what you're talking about.

What it is, is a floor they make so that the fourteenth floor isn't actually the thirteenth with a different name, which would defeat the purpose. In this way there is a thirteenth floor that isn't used, but still there.

[adds a "makes sense +1" potion to the mix]

xHaZxMaTx

Sienna Maiu - M T

xHaZxMaTx

Sienna Maiu - M T

Reese Tora

That's OK, I hear japanese hospitals don't have a fourth floor (not visitable, anyway)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 12, 2007, 04:47:58 PM
That's OK, I hear japanese hospitals don't have a fourth floor (not visitable, anyway)
Oho.  There never was a D-4 video format because in Japan the number '4' is supposedly unlucky - apparently the same word can also mean 'death', or so I've heard.

Reese Tora

well...

the number 4 can be pronounced as "shi" the word for death is "shi"

4 can also be pronounced "yon" (IIRC; it's been a few years since I took my 100 level japanese classes) but I understand that the other is more common. (there are, I think, more versions of numebrs depending on what's being counted or enumerated, but I don't remember what they are...)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Tapewolf

I can't seem to access this directly, so you'll have to have the search terms highlighted unfortunately:
OMG Save the Screen!

...pity they skipped it.  I think it would have been pretty cool for that reason alone.

Jim Halisstrad

1.What is your name? (Don't bother censoring it, the Govt. already knows your IP address)  :pzilla

2.What is your occupation (if any) and do you like it? :pzilla

3.Where are you from? :pzilla

4.If you could put out a cell phone with a new ridiculous feature, what would it be and why? :pzilla.

5.What/who is your favorite:

•Book? :pzilla
•Album? :pzilla
•Movie? Hudson Hawk
•Game? :pzilla
•Food? :pzilla
•Guilty Pleasure? I steal used panties out of nursing homes :<

6.Do you agree with the popular belief that people who smoke cigarettes with wet hair are badasses who tear shit up or not? Explain why, but keep it short.  :pzilla

7.Flying: :pzilla

8. Have you ever stolen anything? :pzilla

9.Would you describe yourself as an optimist or a pessimist? Watch your language on these forums young man .

11.How did you end up here in the Clockwork Mansion? :pzilla

12.Explain your Karma ratio.  Nah, I'm not into freaky religions from the east.

13.  What do you think of the most.  True love.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 12, 2007, 04:03:19 PM
You think you're confused?

Well, I thought I did, but now I'm not even sure about that. :U