Anyone else seen these trucks?

Started by MaskedRetriever, November 07, 2007, 02:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna Maiu - M T

ah yes... the Wienermobile, kind of scary if you ask me (although this summer I saw some 'Hershey Kisses-mobiles'one)
Can't say as that I've ever seen any of those trucks, but then again, we're not a major trucking route and we have a lot of shipping. We've got trains  :B
That SAIA thing is cool, but looking at their website... what do they do? From this thread they ship foods, but what does it stand for?
We have a lot of non-descript trucks though, Canadian Tire truckers and some PC trucks, covered in food-side paneling (chocolate chip cookies, soda pop, etcetera)

So to answer the question, no.

Rafe

On our way to the Anthrocon before last, I had to drive Amber to see this, just down the road from my place:

Everyone's favorite though, was probably this one, close to Jouster's:

Rafe

Naldru

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 12, 2007, 02:07:53 AM
ah yes... the Wienermobile, kind of scary if you ask me (although this summer I saw some 'Hershey Kisses-mobiles'one)
Can't say as that I've ever seen any of those trucks, but then again, we're not a major trucking route and we have a lot of shipping. We've got trains  :B
That SAIA thing is cool, but looking at their website... what do they do? From this thread they ship foods, but what does it stand for?
We have a lot of non-descript trucks though, Canadian Tire truckers and some PC trucks, covered in food-side paneling (chocolate chip cookies, soda pop, etcetera)

So to answer the question, no.
They ship a wide variety of things.  You might want to think of it as being like UPS only shipping items in the tons instead of many smaller shipments under a hundred pounds.  By less-than-truckload, they mean that they take multiple shipments on a single truck.  They ship whatever they're paid to ship.

As to what it stands for, one of the websites indicates that Saia was the name of the family that started the company.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Ah yes, I remember what I had been going to say. In my grandmother's town, there is a doctor('s clinic) there with the name Janus, it makes me snicker.

Quote from: Naldru on November 12, 2007, 10:44:54 PM
As to what it stands for, one of the websites indicates that Saia was the name of the family that started the company.
Ah. Thank-you for explaining their function as well.

Rafe

If you live in my part of North America (Indiana, Ohio and  surrounding states) you see Mab stores everywhere.  They sell paint:

They seem to infest strip-malls across the eastern midwest. Amber told me she saw one next to a Pip store (Postal Instant Printing - a copy and packaging place, also all over around here).
Rafe

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Rafe on November 13, 2007, 06:46:41 PM
Amber told me she saw one next to a Pip store (Postal Instant Printing - a copy and packaging place, also all over around here).

... that's worthy of a photo.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

Today I saw a poster on my way home from school advertising "KaZ Music" and it's obvious where my brain went with that. We are of course just going to ignore the HAZ MAT trucks running around.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 14, 2007, 10:06:57 AM
Quote from: Rafe on November 13, 2007, 06:46:41 PM
Amber told me she saw one next to a Pip store (Postal Instant Printing - a copy and packaging place, also all over around here).

... that's worthy of a photo.

Indeed.