The What Would You Do? game #1: The Door that Must Never be Opened

Started by Zedd, November 03, 2007, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Hey there..The rules of this game..Im going to put you into a story like moment...Even if the theme of horror isnt quite popular but that dont stop me but heres your first test..Good luck..you'll need it
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a small suburban neighborhood there is a house. And in this house is a door that must never be opened.

The house looks just like all the other homes in the area, except that no one has ever lived there, and no one ever will. The blinds are always drawn, and a for-sale sign is prominently displayed on the front yard.

If you break in through the window, you will see that the house is completely empty. There are no walls and no furniture. There is, however, a hole.

Drilled directly through the floorboards and into the dirt, this hole has a long metal ladder attached inside it. If you plan on climbing down this ladder, don't bother bringing a flashlight, because it will only break.

As you descend deep into the bedrock below, the disgusting, gut-wrenching smell of rotting flesh will fill your nostrils, and you will begin to notice the roaches crawling along the walls, tickling your fingers with their antennae.

As the light from above you gets darker, you will just barely be able to make out the sticky red goo covering the walls. You think you know what it is, but it's best not to think about it.

When the top of the hole is only a pin-prick in size, you will begin to hear heavy, rasping breaths from below you.

When your feet touch the bottom, you will hear hollow crunching beneath your feet.
If you try to find the source of the breathing by running your hands across the maggot and roach encrusted stone walls in the pitch blackness, your hands will touch a door.

Judging from the peeling varnish and splintered edges, this door must be extremely old. As soon as your hand touches it, the breathing will stop. You'll hear a soft, gentle voice as sweet as honeydew.

The voice will say, "Excuse me, but I seem have locked myself in here. Could you please open the door?"  

Gabi

If I'd made it all the way there, I would ask who's talking before doing anything else.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Suwako

"Before I answer that question; I would like to know who you are, then and only then I might think about it  >:3  "

Aisha deCabre

Huh, interesting game...let's see then.

Pretty much the same with me.  "Only if you tell me who you are, and if you're trapped in here, why you're not screaming in fear in the process?  Shouldn't you have run out of oxygen before?"  Etc.  I'll be technical.   :3

Or you can just go with "Who are you and why should I?"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

xHaZxMaTx

I severely doubt I'd go down in the first place, and I doubt many people would, which is why I would ask what the 'person' was doing down there, in the first place.

bill

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Miaka

Brunhidden

Prefferably i would have a large bottle of strong liquor, with a rag stuffed in the opening.

at this time i would apply fire to said rag, throw, and retreat to a safe distance to see if anything on fire walks out of the house
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Fuyudenki

assuming I'm daft enough to go into such a creepy place...

As soon as the flashlight breaks, I pull out another one.

When that one doubtless breaks as well, I open them up to try to find what's wrong, before going any further.

DarkAudit

If the door is locked, how are you going to find a key in pitch blackness?

If a flashlight is useless, why not bring a good old-fashioned flaming torch?
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Sienna Maiu - M T

"I'm sorry, but I am just a figment of your imagination, doubtless brought on by years of inhaling the smell and toxins of rotting flesh and decay. You see, no sane person would come by to help you, erego if you were a sane person, neither would you be here. However, if you admit to not being sane, I must question why you are having myself as a hallucination in the first place. If we do conclude that you are both of sane baring, and that I am indeed here, I must ask you. Why should I?"

xHaZxMaTx

gh0st

that was a nice one

first of all i would not go there unless i actually saw a reason to finally after going down and hearing the voice i'd imediatly open the door to see another dark passage with blue flamed torches. i'd then turn around and never go in there again and would probably make a web site out of it and leave the last page blank

lucas marcone

gh0st

techmaster-glitch

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 13, 2007, 01:40:30 AM
I think enough people have replied...what happens next?

Well, clearly Zedd abandons us, down this hole of "doom and terror", rather like leaving the whole affair up in the air and unfinished...

DoctaMario

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 04, 2007, 09:16:36 PM
"I'm sorry, but I am just a figment of your imagination, doubtless brought on by years of inhaling the smell and toxins of rotting flesh and decay. You see, no sane person would come by to help you, erego if you were a sane person, neither would you be here. However, if you admit to not being sane, I must question why you are having myself as a hallucination in the first place. If we do conclude that you are both of sane baring, and that I am indeed here, I must ask you. Why should I?"

QFT. But then I'd open the door and let whatever succubus was behind it ravage me and add my carcass to the pile.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: DoctaMario on November 13, 2007, 10:12:42 AM

QFT. But then I'd open the door and let whatever succubus was behind it ravage me and add my carcass to the pile.
Quatum field theory?

xHaZxMaTx

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

lucas marcone

Zedd

Well for those opened the door foolishly: You find yourself in the closet surrounded in darkness...And slowly you feel a cold child pass by you and suddenly you light source dies and the door behind you snaps shut 

Those who answered through wit: The presence behind the door vanishes and the door opens by its self and inside was a skeleton with claw markings across the walls and the inside of the door with flys and maggots trailing from the copuse

Those who ran: The presence behind the door dims and becomes cold as the memory of the door that shouldnt be open haunts your mind till you die but till next time the door will be on the minds of your heirs forever

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

DoctaMario

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 13, 2007, 01:35:35 PM
Quote from: DoctaMario on November 13, 2007, 10:12:42 AM

Quatum field theory?

*in V for Vendetta accent* If that's what you wish it to be, then that is what it is.