Speed Racer... the MOVIE?!

Started by Alondro, October 04, 2007, 12:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Oh dear God... please... no... NO.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Racer_(film)

The Matrix wonder twins in charge?  John Goodman and Susan Sarandon as Speed's parents?  The plot summary sounds more like "Cannonball Run"? 

Good God Almighty in the heavens above us, this movie is going to blow chunks halfway to the edge of the universe.   :yuck

I-I can't take it anymore... will to live... fading... fading fast...   :redrum
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kuari

I find it odd that a US company would be in charge of making a movie of something that originally came from Japan...  you sure it's not fake?  If it isn't, they better get a damn Megaman movie over here.

Alondro

What do you mean?  The US already made a bastardized movie about Kimba the white lion...

*cough cough*  lionking *cough cough*

And not to mention Godzilla.

And yes, this "Speed Racer" movie is totally confirmed, unfortunately. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kuari

Quote from: Alondro on October 04, 2007, 02:41:57 PM
What do you mean?  The US already made a bastardized movie about Kimba the white lion...

And not to mention Godzilla.

And yes, this "Speed Racer" movie is totally confirmed, unfortunately. 

It's confirmed?  You sure?  Post a non-wiki link??

And I forgot about Godzilla...  Lion King I didn't realize was based off of Kimba

Zina

Dude, look at the external links at the bottom of the wiki page. It has the imdb page and the official site linked right there.

Caswin

Not that I know enough about Kimba to compare them, but hey, at least it was good...

For some reason, one particular scene from that show sticks out in my mind.
Speed: Waaait a minute... not to pry, Mr. Racer X sir, but you're not, perchance, my long-lost brother, are you?
Racer X: ... *BLOW TO THE GUT* *Walks off*
Speed: ...owwww...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Zedd

Quote from: Caswin on October 04, 2007, 05:37:31 PM

Not that I know enough about Kimba to compare them, but hey, at least it was good...

For some reason, one particular scene from that show sticks out in my mind.
Speed: Waaait a minute... not to pry, Mr. Racer X sir, but you're not, perchance, my long-lost brother, are you?
Racer X: ... *BLOW TO THE GUT* *Walks off*
Speed: ...owwww...
BAWHAHAHAHAHAHA XD