In This Thread, We Talk About Smash Bros: Brawl.

Started by Goatmon, September 22, 2007, 03:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goatmon

The recnet Snake Update was pretty sweet, yeah?  I was against his inclusion at the beginning, because he's not a Nintendo-Exclusive character, but they're making him out to be pretty interesting.  His music is also good.

This recent screenshot of Fox is a bit...unnerving....

Feels like I'm wearing

Nothin' at all!

Nothin' at all!

NOTHIN' AT ALL!

Caswin

Stupid sexy Fox  :dface

I still want to see Krystal in this one.  Is Krystal in this one?  I haven't been keeping up.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Goatmon

No word on Krystal yet, but the cast is shaping up to be pretty big, so there's hope.  It's unlikely that we'll be seeing any hidden characters on the website, and she seems like the hidden character type.  So, if she is in, it probably won't be confirmed until the game is released in Japan. 

Fresnor

I'm kind of hoping for Krystal in it, too.  There isn't enough female representation in the gaming industry at all, and I'm also hoping to see a few more villlians in this game also.  Also, any word on the Sonic team rumours yet?

Darkmoon

No word on Sonic, except for more rumors.

Not having any of the secret characters available makes sense, and shows why some characters that were in SSBM haven't shown up yet in Brawl. For instance, Luigi has always been a secret character. I have no doubt he'll be in it, and has to be unlocked, just like always.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Zedd

Im glad theirs wifiness to this though! Muwhahahaha *cough hack fump*

Goatmon

Quote from: Zedd on September 23, 2007, 04:22:35 AM
Im glad theirs wifiness to this though! Muwhahahaha *cough hack fump*

I have some frustration towards the wifi, purely because of the "fans" who have been bitching.  It seems like these people largely have been waiting on it  to be announced, purely so they could start complaining about it.

This is Nintendo we're talking about.  You know that, if they included online, it wasn't going to be really good.  It never is.  People have asked why it is that you can connect to pretty much anyone with Pokemon, so why not Brawl?  I don't think Pokemon and Brawl are games that really should be compared when it comes to online, especially not when lag is concerned. 

Mainly becasue Battling against someone online, in Pokemon, can't possibly be damaged by lag as much as a match of brawl.  If lag kicks in when you're making a move, it's not  going to ruin your game, becasue it's turn based.  Brawl is not.  If lag kicks in when you're selecting an attack and it doesn't register immediately, your opponent just has to wait that much longer for the move.  If lag kicks in when you're making an a ttack in brawl, that attack may not land at all, which can sometimes cost you the game. 

Sunblink

I desperately want for Mr. Game & Watch and Mewtwo to be in this game. I loved them. :<

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Regal

If not a playable character, perhaps Krystal will at least be an Assist Trophy.

Jim Halisstrad

Zedd

Sunblink

Wow. I didn't even care about Sonic appearing in Super Smash Brothers: Brawl initially, and even I'm excited about this.

It scares me. :D

~Keaton the Black Jackal

familyghost

Quote from: Zedd on October 10, 2007, 04:31:45 AM
Quote from: LigerJet on October 10, 2007, 03:45:30 AM
Sonic's been CONFIRMED.
My heart stopped...

*joins in with the dying and what not*

Hopefully his alternate colors won't be stupid fur color changes...

Fresnor

I bet on of the alt costumes is a black and red fur coloring. :p

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zedd

Bet Shadow will appear or Tails....Hell its no surpize Knuckles will too

familyghost

Quote from: Zedd on October 10, 2007, 03:43:32 PM
Bet Shadow will appear or Tails....Hell its no surpize Knuckles will too

My theory is they'll be Assist Trophies, maybe Shadow as a reskinned event match.

Kuari

I'm hoping to have one of these characters as the other non-Nintendo char: Tails, Megaman, or Zero.

I still want to see them add Captain N as well.  Bomberman possibly too.

Goatmon

Quote from: Regal on October 10, 2007, 11:59:08 AM
Quote from: Zedd on October 10, 2007, 04:31:45 AM
Quote from: LigerJet on October 10, 2007, 03:45:30 AM
Sonic's been CONFIRMED.
My heart stopped...

Don't die now. You have to hold on until December.  :U

By December do you mean February?  Cause it's been delayed and isn't coming out until February 08 now.   :<

Vidar

Also, unlike fox, Sonic actually wears nothing (except shoes).
And we Nintendo fans finally get to beats up sonic with (almost) every Nintendo character we want.  :mowhappy
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Kuari

Quote from: Vidar on October 14, 2007, 03:09:44 PM
Also, unlike fox, Sonic actually wears nothing (except shoes).
And we Nintendo fans finally get to beats up sonic with (almost) every Nintendo character we want.  :mowhappy

Pfft, I plan on doing some major damage with Sonic.  If they made him right, he SHOULD be the fastest character in the game...  I'd take advantage of that

Goatmon

I don't know about THE fastest, but he's definitely going to be fast, if this video is any indication.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad-SnIBzkR8&feature=bz303

Kuari

Quote from: Goatmon on October 14, 2007, 09:20:00 PM
I don't know about THE fastest, but he's definitely going to be fast, if this video is any indication.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad-SnIBzkR8&feature=bz303

Yeah..  but still, if he's not the fastest, then they did him wrong.  I mean, one of his titles IS "The Fastest Thing Alive"

and now that I think about it...  I don't want Tails, Megaman or Zero in SSBB...  I want Amaretsu from Okami!!!!

Goatmon

Quote from: Kuari on October 15, 2007, 12:09:05 AMYeah..  but still, if he's not the fastest, then they did him wrong.  I mean, one of his titles IS "The Fastest Thing Alive"

THAT IS THE DUMBEST ARGUMENT FOR SONIC THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD.  THE FACT THAT HIS TITLE LABELS HIM AS THE FASTEST THING ALIVE DOES NOT MEAN HE IS FASTER THAN EVERY OTHER LIVING THING THAT EVER LIVED OR WILL LIVE IN EVERY OTHER REALITY, DIMENSION, AND UNIVERSE.  PEOPLE WHO USE THIS ARGUMENT MAKE ME WANT TO BITE THEIR HEAD OFF AND USE THEIR SKULL AS A COASTER. 

RAWR

/caps 

Ryudo Lee

Fastest Thing Alive or not, he's still going to be used as a punching bag by most every hardcore Nintendo fan out there.... including myself.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Kuari

Quote from: Goatmon on October 15, 2007, 10:54:33 AM
Quote from: Kuari on October 15, 2007, 12:09:05 AMYeah..  but still, if he's not the fastest, then they did him wrong.  I mean, one of his titles IS "The Fastest Thing Alive"

THAT IS THE DUMBEST ARGUMENT FOR SONIC THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD.  THE FACT THAT HIS TITLE LABELS HIM AS THE FASTEST THING ALIVE DOES NOT MEAN HE IS FASTER THAN EVERY OTHER LIVING THING THAT EVER LIVED OR WILL LIVE IN EVERY OTHER REALITY, DIMENSION, AND UNIVERSE.  PEOPLE WHO USE THIS ARGUMENT MAKE ME WANT TO BITE THEIR HEAD OFF AND USE THEIR SKULL AS A COASTER. 

RAWR

/caps 

Yeah but, name one character on Brawl as of now that has ever been shown to come even close to looking like they can compete with Sonic's speed?  Pikachu with quick attack is the only one that comes to mind.  None of the others have ever had a game where they could move as quickly as Sonic, therefore, title should still apply :p

Goatmon

Quote from: Kuari on October 15, 2007, 06:06:54 PM
Quote from: Goatmon on October 15, 2007, 10:54:33 AM

RAWR

/caps 

Yeah but, name one character on Brawl as of now that has ever been shown to come even close to looking like they can compete with Sonic's speed?  Pikachu with quick attack is the only one that comes to mind.  None of the others have ever had a game where they could move as quickly as Sonic, therefore, title should still apply :p

I don't care if he's the fastest character in Brawl or not, I just hate that argument with a passion. 

Kuari

Quote from: Goatmon on October 15, 2007, 06:29:27 PM
I don't care if he's the fastest character in Brawl or not, I just hate that argument with a passion. 

Heh, I wouldn't use the argument if DBZ characters or something like that were in it, I just use it because seriously, Sonic pretty much is the fastest video game character out there.  In all his games, at max speed, things just kind of blur by.