2007-08-31 [813] When drinking, never mix, never worry.

Started by superluser, August 31, 2007, 05:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on August 31, 2007, 12:05:31 PM
maybe that was the way Dan saw his mom dressed the last time he saw her...which brings up other questions.

By the looks of it he was about five at the time.

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 31, 2007, 05:37:20 AM
Imagine if your mother stayed looking 25 all of your life.

Although he was my father, I never really seemed able to address him as 'Dad', not least because he looked younger than I did.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Manawolf

Having taken Greek Mythology, I would like to clear up something even Freud got mixed up.  Oedipus did not love his mother incestual, he in fact did not even know the woman he had married was his mother (having never known her since his father had the boy abandoned in the mountains because a prophet said Oedipus would be the death of him).  Plus, there is the whole thing of once he realized who she was he quickly gouged out his eyes for his horrible mistake, so he's little more than a subject of cruel fate.  It didn't help that his father was a temperamental idiot that Oedipus killed in a fit of road rage (he still did not know that this was his actual father at the time).

Just felt like clearing that up.  Behold the epitome of ancient dysfunctional families.

Sid

Assuming for a moment that that's actually Dan's mental image (and that the out-of-continuity joke is just the fact that it's suddenly projected behind him), this sorta raises the question of how old Dan estimates both Abel and his mother to be.

I'm not sure if he was ever told (in strict canon, limited to what was actually said in a comic) how old either of them are, but either he knows the rough ages of both or neither since he clearly pictures his mother as being an adult while Abel is still a kid.

Of course, keeping in mind that Dan most likely knows quite a bit of his mother's background, he'll know that she's not as young as she looks like.

</random musing>
:boogie

Manawolf

Like with Lady Tsunade, for a cubi, age has nothing to do with looks (at least past the first 30 years).

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Psaakyrn on August 31, 2007, 05:11:17 AM
That scene so calls for a wallpaper...

I Agree 100% with you on that...It should become a wallpaper.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Alondro

*Charles still thinks Fa'lina is hotter*  But yes, Dan has many issues, which just keep growing and compounding as time goes on.  I'm sure he's going to end up marrying a coat rack out of utter confusion and delusion one day.  :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Well in personal favor..Alot people have their moments of likeing

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on August 31, 2007, 01:16:09 PM
I'm not sure if he was ever told (in strict canon, limited to what was actually said in a comic) how old either of them are, but either he knows the rough ages of both or neither since he clearly pictures his mother as being an adult while Abel is still a kid.

Abel has told Jyrras that he's spent some three hundred years in SAIA.  I'm not sure Dan knows, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

computer nerd

Quote from: Alondro on August 31, 2007, 01:46:46 PM
*Charles still thinks Fa'lina is hotter*  But yes, Dan has many issues, which just keep growing and compounding as time goes on.  I'm sure he's going to end up marrying a coat rack out of utter confusion and delusion one day.  :3
marry a coat rack or someone he hate now  >:3

Zedd

Quote from: computer nerd on August 31, 2007, 02:05:49 PM
marry a coat rack or someone he hate now  >:3
I'll rember this...Oh yess... :mwaha
   Sleep with one eye open Charlene...

e_voyager

now now just because ts some ones he currently hates or at least does not see romantically does not mean that they hate him or would let him have someone else. and considering Dan's clan's strengthens and the prospects that most would consider  the child would be one for whom to  one of the views of the Armageddon was written for. 
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 31, 2007, 01:54:58 PM
Abel has told Jyrras that he's spent some three hundred years in SAIA.  I'm not sure Dan knows, though.
Well, Abel has tossed out the 300 years figure in a snappy comeback to Dan as well, but he never actually said that's how long — give or take a few decades— he's been studying (to be a jerk).
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

superluser

Quote from: Sid on August 31, 2007, 01:16:09 PMI'm not sure if he was ever told (in strict canon, limited to what was actually said in a comic) how old either of them are, but either he knows the rough ages of both or neither since he clearly pictures his mother as being an adult while Abel is still a kid.

He knows that Abel is still a student (or else why would they be roommates) and that his mother was a teacher.

Quote from: Reese Tora on August 31, 2007, 11:40:26 AMCeci n'est pas une pipe.*

Perhaps Duchamp would be more appropriate?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Saist

Charles likes big butts and he did not lie
Us other brothers shouldn't deny
That when a Poodle walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in his face
He gets sprung
Wanna pull up tough
Cuz he noticed that rump was stuffed

terrycloth

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 31, 2007, 05:37:20 AM
I've often wondered how people (especially males) manage to cope if they are attracted to a parent or sibling. There is a condition where if a brother and sister are separated at an early age and then meet up later they can be sexually attracted to each other.Star wars is a good example of this.(Luke and Leia)

Oh, it's easy. You just remind yourself that they'll really, really hate you if you let on, and that you have to live with them for years, even if they hate you. And then go fantasize about Aeris and Lara Croft instead.

Or, er, so I'd imagine. :mowcookie

Madmann135

Quote from: Manawolf on August 31, 2007, 12:51:31 PM
Having taken Greek Mythology, I would like to clear up something even Freud got mixed up.  Oedipus did not love his mother incestual, he in fact did not even know the woman he had married was his mother (having never known her since his father had the boy abandoned in the mountains because a prophet said Oedipus would be the death of him).  Plus, there is the whole thing of once he realized who she was he quickly gouged out his eyes for his horrible mistake, so he's little more than a subject of cruel fate.  It didn't help that his father was a temperamental idiot that Oedipus killed in a fit of road rage (he still did not know that this was his actual father at the time).

Just felt like clearing that up.  Behold the epitome of ancient dysfunctional families.

What I find funny about the Oedipus story was that if old dad did not listen to the 'seer' then the whole 'son killing pop and marrying mom' would not have happened.  If Oedipus parents were proper parents then those events would not have happened.

Dan's expression in the last panel says it all, he loves his mom in a son loves his mom sort of way (the proper way).  He was even upset at his sub conscious for thinking of that and asked for Bleach to clean the memory from his mind.
The Dan impersonating Alexsi also shows that he respects his sister and loves her as a sister (the way it should be).

Dan may be a quick to flirt slow to think kind of guy but he's a good quick to flirt, slow to think kind of guy.

EVIL WANTS YOUR COOKIE!  EVIL WANTS YOUR COOKIE!  EVIL WANTS YOUR COOKIE!  EVIL WANTS YOUR COOKIE!  EVIL WANTS YOUR COOKIE!  EVIL WANTS YOUR COOKIE!  EVIL WANTS YOUR COOKIE!

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

AnizInDisguise

Aleolus

Dude, if a persons mother is young and attractive, it is perfectly normal to recognize that, and possibly even to feel a degree of attraction for her.  This applies doubly for visions and imaginations taking place a long time in the past.  Dan has no need to consume vast amounts of bleach to cleanse his system.

bilbo-sama

So basically, Dan just went 'your mom!' at himself.  :mowtongue

Zorro

techmaster-glitch

Angel

(snickers) Dan's expression in the last panel wins. And I agree with Fi, why would one imagine one's mom in such a low-cut top? :erk
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

xHaZxMaTx

Angel

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on August 31, 2007, 11:47:44 PM
He's a Van Halen fan. ;)

:ipod (sings) I got it BAD, got it BAD, got it BAD... I'm hot for Teacher!

Ironically, I was introduced to that song by my dad.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

schizo

Im still waiting to see him walk in playing the solo.

Madmann135

Quote from: Black_angel on August 31, 2007, 11:40:11 PM
(snickers) Dan's expression in the last panel wins. And I agree with Fi, why would one imagine one's mom in such a low-cut top? :erk

As I said earlier, I don't think Dan did that on purpose.  If he didn't do that on purpose then he would not have been surprised by what his imagination pulled out on him.

As the comic title says, "Dan's subconscious hates him." 

As on why FI can see Dan's subconscious image... It is probably due to the fact that Dan now has a Warp-Aci.  We don't know much on warp-aci but we do know that they can transport from point A to point B and so forth.
So for all we know with a Warp-Aci Dan's thoughts could have been transmitted between the two and seen in wide screen.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Aridas

Maybe he's doing that because he thinks THIS IS THE SITUATION ABEL MIGHT HAVE BEEN IN to support his "Abel has the hots for my mom" theory?

WhiteFire

Maybe, just maybe, it's a joke with a blatent fourth wall break, just to be a joke with a blatent fourth wall break, and has nothing to do at all with what Dan would actually think.

I have no idea why I would think that though.

Aridas

Zedd