Speaking of MMO's

Started by Teroniss, August 25, 2007, 12:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

Yea, I noticed the new guys thread and it made me curious. So fellow Mabster Forumites, what MMO's, free or otherwise, do you play?

Mine include:
City of Heroes
9Dragons
Voyage Century
Space Cowboy Online (Fantastic game)
Corum Online
Tales of Pirates Online
Ragnarok Online

Except for RO, I play most of these games on a regular basis between work and socializing.

Janus Whitefurr

Formerly played Ultima Online, back when Second Age was new. Then couldn't afford it, then played it on a free server run by a friend's brother, then that server went under.

Ragnarok Online when it was in beta. How long ago was that?

City of Heroes/Villains remains the only major MMO(s) that I have actually been interested in for more than a little while.  A shame timecards are impossible to find down here.

Space Cowboy Online is on my machine, but I haven't played it in some time. Possibly just my machine, but I get on-and-off horrible lag with it. A shame, it -is- fun.

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Turnsky

world of warcraft when i'm in the mood,
i have vanguard, and city of villians, but don't have easy access to the timecards of either.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Reese Tora

Right now?

My current time-poison of choice is Trickster Online (Diablo-esque MMO in the same vein as MapleStory, but different company, released last year or early this year.)

In the past, I could be found playing the following MMOs:
Asheron's Call (a couple years, a friend talked me in to joining back in 97/98)
Ultima Online (a few months, The first MMO I ever bought... sat in a box for 5-6 years before installing, and got a free upgrade to 2nd age a month later when they patched the system far enough the original didn't work by itself.)
EverQuest (Played for a week, but quickly lost interest because I didn't feel I was making progress level/stat wise, and I didn't know anyone to hang out with. pity I paid a 6 month block subscription)
RuneQuest (played for a while when everythign was free, quit when they started charging for premium stuff, came back when I quit WoW)
MapleStory(Played in beta, quit.  Played in the english release, quit)
WoW(played for a year from a month after release until my computer died, quit while saving to replace computer)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Ryudo Lee

I was playing on XileRO for awhile, but the economy got way outta whack, and after getting to level 250 I figured enough was enough.  If I ever get back into RO, I might join the server that the guys that make 8-Bit are running.

I currently have a character on MapleStory, but it's pretty much neglected at this point.

I have a Guild Wars account.  I need to get into that more since my brother and his girlfriend are both on it, and both invited me to run with them.

And of course there are my obligatory characters on Furcadia.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

DarkAudit

I played CoH/CoV for about a year. After the fiasco of Issue 8 and huge bugs that sat unfixed for months(like the Frostfire mission with none of the special graphical embellishments specific to that mission, or the Freaklympics arc finale with the same errors), I gave it up for WoW last winter.

See ya on Sen'Jin.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Furball

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 27, 2007, 09:54:55 AM
I was playing on XileRO for awhile, but the economy got way outta whack, and after getting to level 250 I figured enough was enough.  If I ever get back into RO, I might join the server that the guys that make 8-Bit are running.

I currently have a character on MapleStory, but it's pretty much neglected at this point.

I have a Guild Wars account.  I need to get into that more since my brother and his girlfriend are both on it, and both invited me to run with them.

Dude! You played on Xile?

Turnsky

well, i'm curious if us resident WoW'ers could get together on the single server or something, the other folks whom play others like CoH, etc, could do the same in their respective choices.

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Furball on September 04, 2007, 08:03:20 PM
Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 27, 2007, 09:54:55 AM

Dude! You played on Xile?

Played is indeed the proper term.  I've let my account there lapse.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Paladin Sheppard

Well Turnsky I'm on cenarion cricle both horde (Gunnher 65 hunter) and alliance (Ephrael 70 Rogue) if anyone drops em a line when I'm on I'll be glad to lend a hand.

*Spots Furball* Whoa! Man your art rocks!!!

Turnsky

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on September 05, 2007, 11:28:08 AM
Well Turnsky I'm on cenarion cricle both horde (Gunnher 65 hunter) and alliance (Ephrael 70 Rogue) if anyone drops em a line when I'm on I'll be glad to lend a hand.

well if that aint a co-ink-e-dink, Mianiah, 60 Draenei Hunter, and Bengahl a....well.. lvl 4 Blood Elf paladin. on that same server.

Reese Tora

This is why I'll probably never get back in to WoW... I know too many people on too many servers to just pick one to play on. (and I think I would get rather frustrated trying to play multiple characters on multiple servers.)

Then, too, I wouldn't necessarily want to just give up on the 57warrior and 42druid I have on Stormrage server(alliance both).

TheGreyRonin

Due to bandwidth and time constraints, I don't play much online, though two games have kept my attention for a bit now.

The first is Urban Dead. I run three characters on there, two zombies and a human, and my only complaint is that you can only effectively play it once every 24 hours. Probably a good thing, though; it's addictive.

The other is Hell Raising, which I joined just to curb my Urban Dead cravings. Entertaining enough, and allows more active gametime per day. Still has quite a few frustrating aspects, the worst of which is a higher than usual number of jackass players. Kills time, though.

Azlan

I Guild Wars it quite frequently... well not in the most recent months, I like the "no subscription" thing.  I really need to do some more stuff before I delve into GW:EN.

The pretty anime look of Sword of the New World has dragged me in and I am now grinding mobs for xp like there is no tomorrow.

I haven't been to Furcadia in ages, most of the old crew are gone now... life moves on.  *sigh*
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Turnsky

Quote from: Azlan on September 06, 2007, 08:22:43 PM
I Guild Wars it quite frequently... well not in the most recent months, I like the "no subscription" thing.  I really need to do some more stuff before I delve into GW:EN.

The pretty anime look of Sword of the New World has dragged me in and I am now grinding mobs for xp like there is no tomorrow.

I haven't been to Furcadia in ages, most of the old crew are gone now... life moves on.  *sigh*

if you use timecards, most MMO's have the option of not having to use subscription, not having a credit card, that's how i've been able to get around to playing World of Warcraft.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Turnsky on September 08, 2007, 02:08:16 AM
if you use timecards, most MMO's have the option of not having to use subscription, not having a credit card, that's how i've been able to get around to playing World of Warcraft.

*hiss*

As my local EB Games buddies said, timecards are impossible to find here unless you're playing WoW. Other games? Forget it.

:<
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Goatmon

I'm not playing any MMOs at the moment, and I'm done with WoW.  Seriously.  It's sucked up over 2 years of my life, and I have no intention of giving up anymore for that black hole of a computer game.

I do look forward to seeing Hellgate: London.  It looks freaking amazing. 

Turnsky

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 08, 2007, 02:50:51 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on September 08, 2007, 02:08:16 AM

*hiss*

As my local EB Games buddies said, timecards are impossible to find here unless you're playing WoW. Other games? Forget it.

:<

a Local Harvey Norman, and Kmart also sell SOE timecards. well, here, anywho.

Arcalane

Quote from: TheGreyRonin on September 06, 2007, 06:57:24 PMThe other is Hell Raising, which I joined just to curb my Urban Dead cravings. Entertaining enough, and allows more active gametime per day. Still has quite a few frustrating aspects, the worst of which is a higher than usual number of jackass players. Kills time, though.

Haha, Hell Rising? I have occasional contact with one of the devs there (Mo, aka Motorhed). Yeah he's as bad as they are. The trick with these guys is not to take offense - they treat that as a sign of weakness and will just make your day even worse. :B

Speaking of HG:L, I am currently downloading the alpha client. :giggle

Finding that mail in my inbox when I woke up was a great start to a Saturday morning I must say!

EDIT: No I will not tell you anything about it. NDAs is NDAs, and my word is my word. On the rare occasions I give it, it's for good.

Goatmon

Arcalane

Quote from: Goatmon on September 08, 2007, 04:36:13 AM
Quote from: Arcalane on September 08, 2007, 04:23:38 AMEDIT: No I will not tell you anything about it.

Damnit!

Sorry, NDAs is NDAs. All I can really say is that it's fun. :B

Reese Tora

Quote from: Arcalane on September 08, 2007, 04:23:38 AM
Finding that mail in my inbox when I woke up was a great start to a Saturday morning I must say!

EDIT: No I will not tell you anything about it. NDAs is NDAs, and my word is my word. On the rare occasions I give it, it's for good.

Too late, you already told us you're in. :3

If the NDA is like any standard NDA, meerly mentioning you've been selected is a violation.  So you might as well come clean with all the juicy details while your'e at it. ;) j/k

Arcalane

Quote from: Reese Tora on September 08, 2007, 12:54:40 PMIf the NDA is like any standard NDA, meerly mentioning you've been selected is a violation.  So you might as well come clean with all the juicy details while your'e at it. ;) j/k

Actually, no, but we're not meant to post reviews, screenshots, or blog about our experiences or anything until Flagship give the green light for that. :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Arcalane on September 08, 2007, 08:18:52 AM
Sorry, NDAs is NDAs. All I can really say is that it's fun. :B

You can't even tell us how big the download was? Awww... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Reese Tora

Quote from: Arcalane on September 08, 2007, 01:12:02 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on September 08, 2007, 12:54:40 PMIf the NDA is like any standard NDA, meerly mentioning you've been selected is a violation.  So you might as well come clean with all the juicy details while your'e at it. ;) j/k

Actually, no, but we're not meant to post reviews, screenshots, or blog about our experiences or anything until Flagship give the green light for that. :U

I'd check the wording; the last two games I signed an NDA on included a clause that you wern't supposed to let people know if you get in.

Arcalane

Quote from: Reese Tora on September 08, 2007, 05:47:29 PM
I'd check the wording; the last two games I signed an NDA on included a clause that you wern't supposed to let people know if you get in.

Just read it over twice and it doesn't seem to say you can't tell people if you get in.

Even in such a case I use different character and forum names over there. ;)

Netrogo

I have some other MMO accounts that currently sit in inactivity that are too many to name. However online stuff I currently play are

WoW - Feathermoon Realm - Tarvon, level 46 Blood Elf Warlock

Second Life - Random Locations (Mostly Club Infinity) - Netrogo Onmura, Cybernetic Flying Mouse Cubi DJ Extrodinaire (originally came up with the chain of junk discription to mock annoying furs, then stuck with it >.< )

Anyone who wants to meet up with me on either is more then welcome to. I'm usually good for helping out whenever possible and tend to keep myself financially stable in both should anyone need an item or two (No I won't buy you your mount on WoW, or that really freaking expensive av in SL).
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Azlan

Well, this isn't a brag about what Beta you get to be a part of thread.  If it was, you'd all be sorry.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

gh0st

i really don't usually play mmo's but one that really got me was a free one called unification wars... it's the only mmo thats held my attention for longer than a week it's pretty cool but it's hard to get the do' and do not but all in all i had fun with it...

Llewelyn

Other than SL, I've lately been spending most my time in RO trying all the stuff that's changed since the last time I was playing a few years ago.  I think I might have a few too many characters... <.<

http://i22.tinypic.com/hup0m8.jpg