*fangirlish squeal*

Started by Brunhidden, August 23, 2007, 02:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

the other day i was walking into the only bookstore in an hours drive to chat with the owner (at his night job i am his boss) to find he was not there, however what was there was one of the last issues of 'dragon' magazine, which i flipped through and HAD to buy.

I bought it for the article on a movie coming out this fall.

A movie that had been tossed around sinse about the time i was born.

A movie thats drawn a great deal of big voice talents, big money, and a fan base consisting of several million people pretty similar to me (the horror)

A movie that a sequel can only improve.

I announce- Dragon lance, the movie, Dragons of Autumn Twilight. *fangirl squeal and clapping*

okay, for those of you not familiar with D&D it was created in the 80s by a company known as TSR. TSR had in addition to the D&D game a great collection of books, video games, and everything else you could ever hope to find in a comic book shop. a little before i was born they realized they had a great many D&D modules for sale that had a lot to do about dungeons, but none focused on dragons. thus they cobbled together a cheezy game module, had a couple editors play test it, and got some results. the editors- margaret weiss and tracy hickman, thought it stunk, gave a great deal of improvements, and were drafted to write a novel to base the module off of. that book is what this movie will be, but thats not all. Weiss and Hickman unwittingly spawned with that book one of the most popular long standing series of fantasy novels, most of which became new york times bestsellers and a great deal of which were written by the original pair.

the books also spawned some horrible games for the Nintendo, ask zedd for details on that, but hopefully a good one may appear after the movie comes about.

i have high hopes for the movie, its drawn some big talent such as Lucy Lawless, Fred Tatasciore (the recent TMNT movie), Rino Romano ('The' Batman), Michael Rosenbaum, and Kiefer Sutherland. but by far the biggest things that tell me it will be good is the following-
-The authors were actually there telling everyone how the movie should be
- the movie WILL be mature, none of that harry potter crap, nobody under 13 should see this or they will have nightmares.

if anyone else has ever read the books let me know, my wife and i were big fans and it seems many of the cooler dorks we meet grew up on it as well
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Zedd

Lets see here....*opens book* "Raistlin the arcmage gets punk'ed out and killed in one hit *tosses book aside* Yeah sounds about right... :rolleyes

Alondro

It's called "Dragon Lance"?

*wait for it... twisted furry mind processing data*

Is that innuendo?   >:3

*F@$%ing furries!*   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Azlan

Quote from: Alondro on August 23, 2007, 03:39:07 PM
It's called "Dragon Lance"?

*wait for it... twisted furry mind processing data*

Is that innuendo?   >:3

*F@$%ing furries!*   ;)

*Smites with Hammer of Kharas*

Excellent to see that this will be happening, but I fear how it will be done... I fear it being ruined.  We shall see.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Brunhidden

Quote from: Azlan on August 23, 2007, 08:25:22 PM
Excellent to see that this will be happening, but I fear how it will be done... I fear it being ruined.  We shall see.

Dont worry, Weiss personally hovered over the hollywood folk like some fantasy writing buzzard.

I am STILL kicking myself over passing up the opportunity to job shadow under her
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Darkmoon

Dudes shouldn't squeal like a fangirl.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Llewelyn

They showed the trailer at Gencon this year I heard.  Anyone manage to go to that?