Worst pain you've ever felt.

Started by TheDXM, July 12, 2007, 07:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

Burns, eh?  Chip sets get reeeeaaaally hot. :<  Specifically malfunctioning ones.

Sienna Maiu - M T

LAST NIGHT I WAS SICK FOR THE FIRST TIME IN APPROXIMATELY TWO.FIVE YEARS AND THE CONVULSIONS THAT WRACKED MY NOW MUSCLE-Y ABS WERE SHERE PAIN!!!

But imagine going through your days with a jackhammer to your head, no matter what you do, and no drugs will help.
Migraine anyone?

AngelSephy

Worst pain I ever felt was along the lines of contraction pains. Not exactly the full giving-birth experience, but somewhat close to it.... That's all I'll say on the matter though.

Stygian

I think I have two things that can top a lot here. I'm not accident prone, but I have been hit by a car and run over before and broken a number of bones. However, the two injuries which I think were the most painful weren't so much physically damaging as much as they targeted sensitive areas.

The first injury was at fifteen, when I was tearing down an old boathouse together with my father and grandfather. I happened under a falling beam, still with nails in it, and these rusty nails were shoved into my left shoulder. The wound healed a lot better than it should have, but the nails went right through the nerves. That's a burning pain I can't even explain. I wasn't able to use my arm properly for quite a while, and full sensation hasn't returned to it ever since.

The second happened during a ski trip at sixteen. I was learning how to snowboard properly and popped a binding during a jump. When I came down, the edge of the board was knocked up between my legs. I twisted my knee and sprained my foot, and completely crushed my family jewels. Fortunately, that was also something which healed better than it should have.

Janus Whitefurr

UVitis during high school. Basically conjunctivis/eye infection. Great bloody red scleras are not pretty.

With extreme sensitivity to ultraviolet rays - namely sunlight - essentially meaning I couldn't go outside with it feeling like someone was shoving hot pokers through my skull. I got a week off school because of it while I took eyedrops, then went back still on the eyedrops.

There was something fitting about a nerd having medical reasons to sit in the dark with the blinds drawn...
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

techmaster-glitch

Sienna Maiu - M T

Well, I would say being a woman, but looks to be covered already, to a more severe degree.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on October 15, 2007, 12:14:53 PM
Well, I would say being a woman, but looks to be covered already, to a more severe degree.

nothing against all women, i actually fully understand that statement, but a statement about SPECIFIC women will follow.

one that always settles my hash is women who spend hours going on about how no man will know the pain of being a woman, nothing can compare to childbirth and we are all pigs who don't know pain and so on and so on.... and then come childbirth they scream bloody murder until they're so full of pain killers they wouldn't care if a rabid dingo were chowing down on their knee.

it would not irritate me if they were consistent

mostly its because its about 45% bunk- should a woman be mentally prepared as they have been told sines before age 12 this will happen, had at least 8 months of being constantly reminded, and probably even received professional counseling.... and yet most of the pain is just shock from not being ready.

this is when the women rise up to say i know nothing due to me being a man, except i have talked to a great many women who have had children, one of them being my wife. during childbirth she had a Tylenol, and said the experience was less painful then the average constipation she had previously. other women claim that snakebites, burns, broken bones, and dental surgery were all far more painful.

also keep in mind i am one of those weird men who actually wish they were able to have kids too, and also judge the amount of pain in my early post here before saying i don't know what pain is... actually large parts of my body don't have feeling anymore, so its a weird issue.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sienna Maiu - M T

see, I was just talking mostly about the Crimson Tide, but then I didn't bother saying it.

As for actual pain, I suppose I had something to say, but forgot (although congrats on finally being able to post something on what I said, all the others are affeared to say their pain is more than childbirth).

Pain... mostly for me it's all constant aches and pains, and the thoughts of, "Am I always sick like this for a reason? Are my frequent headaches tied-in to an even greater problem? Am I going to die?"

And then I figure I'm being overly-dramatic again.

gh0st

i'm happy to report that i have not felt true pain, the closest to that is i almost got my fingers chopped off, my toenails frequently leave the nail beds. but other than that i have not experienced true pain... i have however been hit with a 2-4 no nail thankfully and had my big toe on my left foot smashed by a pick. got strept throat twice when i was 5 and 6 both times coughing up blood, and sadly both times taking chewy pills that probably had more carcinogens than i could shake a stick at.

Brunhidden

Oh, i got one, i had just remembered a teacher of mine who as a child had ingrown toenails.

seriously, consider your toenails growing inwards, gouging into tender flesh bit by bit every day. his parents did not thing it serious untill they caught him in his room- numbing his feet with a bowl of ice and using a pliers to rip the nails out because it was better then leaving them grow. apperantly he did this about once a month, and that horrible revelation led his parents to pay for surgery.

yeah, if at any time home surgery done by a grade schooler with a pliers is LESS painful then your problem, its time to see a doctor.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Fuyudenki

while we're on the topic of toenails, the pinky toes on both my feet have some messed up-shaped toenails.

We call them "peanuts."

superluser

Quote from: Brunhidden on October 20, 2007, 06:33:29 PMOh, i got one, i had just remembered a teacher of mine who as a child had ingrown toenails.

I had an ingrown toenail once.  It kept digging into the corner of my toe and I'd have to jigger with the skin on the edge, removing it whenever it got inflamed.  Painful, but certainly not the worst pain ever.  As soon as I could, I got the nail removed, and I've been letting my big toenail grow a lot longer ever since.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ShadesFox

Once I took my knuckle off with a knife.  Man that hurt.  Then I had to go demonstrate how to build a fire to a bunch of new Boy Scouts.  It is hard to start a fire while you are bleeding all over the place.  I think I showed some people at Anthro Con the scar.
The All Purpose Fox

Kitsune Ascendant

Hmm... Well, there was this time when I was around 13 (I think) that I got this cramp in my leg. I don't remember much beyond that except it happened at night and my dad took me to the hospital to get it checked out so it must have been pretty bad.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Sienna Maiu - M T

This one time, at band camp -wait... wrong story,
after school back in grade four, I was playing wall ball with my brother, when the ball got away, many minor details later my arch-nemises at school had punched me in the stomach, pushing all the air out of my lungs forcefully, so when I tried to breathe in again (from the ground mind you) it was painfully hard, to the point where my young mind thought that perhaps I could never actually breathe in again, due to the pain of course, and that I would die right there in my spot.

Needless to say, my brother gave chase.

I guess I might edit with those vaguely important details later.

DoctaMario

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 04, 2007, 03:28:38 AM

Then my lung collapsed. I thought it was really deep back pain and thought little of it. It got worse each time. The third time nearly killed me. To have all that air trapped in your chest cavity, putting pressure on your other organs, feeling like you were racing against the clock to get to the hospital before the pressure was enough to make you explode. That was pain. Even after the surgery the lingering pain made me plead for death. It still wasn't the worst though...

That's mine. The feeling of the lung collapsing is what I imagine being shot or stabbed in the chest with a penknife might feel like. I had surgery twice, but one time I had an episode, and I went to the hospital and they put a chest tube in WHILE I WAS AWAKE!  :U They shot a little novocaine into my side, made an incision, and plunged the thing in. Needless to say, feeling a 6 inch tube moving through your chest cavity doesn't feel like roses.