Kaskar! I'ma callin you out!

Started by Netrogo, July 10, 2007, 07:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boog

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 11, 2007, 10:44:59 PM
But you're not fighting fire with fire. You're fighting a rash with a nuke. :)
Well put. While I haven't been on the DMFA section in a while and thus don't know the specifics of what this guy's done, it sounds like he's just been kind of stupid. In my experience, yelling at people of any intelligence will often simply convince them they're in the right, doubly so on the internet. He's annoying. So's the guy who sat next to you in math or whatever, but I have my doubts that you reacted in a similar manner.

Now then, to Kaskar; there are other people posting. Read what they say thoroughly and completely. To post and not have read other people's posts is fairly disrespectful.

Right, I've said my bit. I'm joining the various popcorn eaters in their merriment.

Netrogo

Quote from: Boogeyman on July 11, 2007, 10:55:53 PM
So's the guy who sat next to you in math or whatever, but I have my doubts that you reacted in a similar manner.

I was actually a pretty angry and tempermental little bugger in school >:O

But yeah, I know this thread isn't really going to solve anything. Still, it's worth a shot.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

PegasusJF

Whoa guys, all this over some questions on my continuity in Mabs comic?

Zedd

No Pegs...This is about the repeated and contuinity of posts Kaskar has been posting ever seince his appearince apon the forums

Aridas

Zedd, you're not making much sense either >_>

kaskar

I feel that this is more than serious now.  I do not understand why this thread has gone on for so long. Why do you bother ?
   ( P.S. Not origional quote ... )

8) 
Quote from: superluser on July 10, 2007, 06:40:25 PM
OK.  I plan to say this only once.  I do believe that some of us are trying to ignore kaskar.  Getting into flamewars with kaskar (and thus causing him to respond) does not help us to ignore him.  When you do this, we have to ignore more of his messages, and then read we read your messages, and partway through decide that we have to ignore your messages, too.

So for me (and any others doing the same), it winds up being more of a waste of time.  I don't mind the occasional comment, but when you feel compelled to make belligerent comments about every thing that kaskar posts, and when you're starting whole threads about this, it gets really annoying.

Almost as annoying as kaskar himself.

I know that others may not have the same opinion as I, but I'd like you to know that there's at least one person out here who's not happy with the way you're handling this, Netrogo.  I'll shut up now.

:rolleyes
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on July 10, 2007, 06:50:30 PM
Quote from: superluser on July 10, 2007, 06:40:25 PM
I know that others may not have the same opinion as I, but I'd like you to know that there's at least one person out here who's not happy with the way you're handling this, Netrogo.
Signed.

8)
Quote from: Naldru on July 10, 2007, 07:48:06 PM
I would like to repeat my approach to dealing with people who I find annoying and abusive.

Try to be nice to them

1.  You may have misunderstood their position.  In that case, they don't deserve your animosity.

2.  Your being nice may bring them over to the side of good and niceness.  (It may take a long while.)

3.  There are people who are truly trying to be offensive and will not change their ways no matter how nice you are.  In my experience, being nasty to them only provides them with encouragement while being nice drives them completely up the wall.  And if it drives them up the wall, they deserve it.

8)
Quote from: Feroluce on July 10, 2007, 09:45:31 PM
Wow Net. You are being... restrained. are you feeling okay?

I know little about the topic in question, unfortunately. I suspect I will soon enough, however.

-gets popcorn-

8)
Quote from: Boogeyman on July 11, 2007, 10:55:53 PM
Well put. While I haven't been on the DMFA section in a while and thus don't know the specifics of what this guy's done, it sounds like he's just been kind of stupid. In my experience, yelling at people of any intelligence will often simply convince them they're in the right, doubly so on the internet. He's annoying. So's the guy who sat next to you in math or whatever, but I have my doubts that you reacted in a similar manner.

Now then, to Kaskar; there are other people posting. Read what they say thoroughly and completely. To post and not have read other people's posts is fairly disrespectful.

Right, I've said my bit. I'm joining the various popcorn eaters in their merriment.
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Reese Tora

Quote from: Azraelle on July 12, 2007, 02:28:51 AM
http://www.loller-wear.com/lshirt-ohnoezdrama.html

I bought that very shirt from Mammallamadevil at the suburban jungle table at AC.  The shirt (and Suburban jungle, and Mammallamadevil) is teh win.  :woot

Also, *ahem*

"Won't someone think of the children?!" D:
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Feroluce

-eyetwitch- Yeah. That really made no sense whatsoever there Kaskar. In fact, you had a number of quotes in there that are completely irrelevant to the point you were trying to make. Or even to the topic at hand. Did you, by chance, select them at random? If anything, they seem to reinforce the original point of the topic.

I think that Nets next post will be interesting. However my friend, I think that this emoticon best describes your situation.

:deadhorse

:popcorn Sorry, I had to add that. I will shift myself over to my corprate box for the rest of this topic.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Feroluce on July 12, 2007, 05:59:52 AM
:popcorn Sorry, I had to add that. I will shift myself over to my corprate box for the rest of this topic.

Hey! Get off me! ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

LionHeart

I didn't know you'd gone corporate, llearch.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Netrogo

Nah don't get your hopes up Fero. I've promised someone on the forums that I'll leave the little NSAMH case alone and so I shall. I honestly, despite it's content. thought that maybe just MAYBE having this thrown in his face might get Kaskar to straighten out but as I've seen with his last post even when trying to do a classic of internet debate like disection he exhibits all the skill of a toddler in advanced calculus.

So, to Pegasus, sorry that this whole thing seemed to spawn from your thread. I assure you it was a long time coming, the things in your thread were just the last of way too many.

To everyone annoyed by this thread, again sorry. Someone had to do it, I've seen little snipets of people starting to for a while now. I just took the initiative. Not saying I was right, just saying I was the first cuz it really looked like a few people were getting close to doing something similar.

To Amber, if she's even checking the forms on her vacation, sorry this junk happend in your forums.

And lastly, to Kaskar. Couple of things for ya. One, don't give yourself so much credit. I've dealt with much worse idiots and done hundreds of times worse online then this. Ask Fero, as I've said previously, he can attest to the magnitude of bulls(#T I've dealt with and how. You I let off easy for two reasons, one I'd rather not singlehandedly tick off every single member of this new place I'm starting to call home. Two, Lost Lake is PG rated. So yeah, to put it mildly, you're not worthy of giving me an ulcer. You're nothing more then a annoyance that was amusing to yell at and call stupid. In the end your nothing more then the 'special' kid in the back of the room eating paste, yelling, and being disruptive. The only difference being that you choose to be like this, hence your deserving scorn for it. So, before I go over my boundries and break my promise, I will simply say this...

Kaskar

F*$% Yourself!

I'm done.

*leaves the thread*
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Turnsky

Quote from: LionHeart on July 12, 2007, 08:06:52 AM
I didn't know you'd gone corporate, llearch.

at least he's not Net's soapbox. =p

Net, Kaskar, no offense, but i think the internet has enough drama without you two duking it out. i know Kaskar can get on a few nerves, but it's better to just ignore the things that he does to earn your ire, instead of blatantly pointing it out in a shower of internet drama.

if this sorta thing gives you such stress, mate, i suggest taking a chill pill and relaxing a bit. I've met my fair share of idiots in my time, and Kaskar's examples of which don't hold a candle to 'em. i think in most cases, he takes things out of context and conveys something that really isn't entirely on topic..
(seriously, there's a whole slew of crazies out there)

to be honest, i found the whole thing entertaining. from your Irritance, Netrogo, to Kaskar's passive dealings with said irritance. if Kaskar was doing it to just tick people off (which personally i dunno, i haven't been here long m'self), you'd be playing right into his hands by going off at him like you are.
no offense, Kaskar, i'd guess you're an Asperger's syndrome type, if you're not, i Apologise.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Damaris

Don't worry.  Kaskar will eventually post something inane (because that's all he posts) on a day when I've had to call the police to the library three or four times (damn kids) and I'll ban him out of general spite for disruptive people.  It's just a matter of time.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Caswin

Quote from: Turnsky on July 12, 2007, 08:44:21 AMno offense, Kaskar, i'd guess you're an Asperger's syndrome type, if you're not, i Apologise.
You say that as if it was a bad thing.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Turnsky

Quote from: Caswin on July 12, 2007, 12:14:59 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on July 12, 2007, 08:44:21 AMno offense, Kaskar, i'd guess you're an Asperger's syndrome type, if you're not, i Apologise.
You say that as if it was a bad thing.

i'm not saying it's a bad thing, i've had a fair amount of folks act like an utter moron then play it like a card to make some lame reasoning for their behavior, 'tis all. i tend to be a little jaded on that subject y'see.  i've met a few folks that went against the trend, which is good in my books, but the aformentioned previous experience tarnished my overall opinion of people who act like an idiot on the outset, then blame it on an otherwise fairly benign form of autism.
Nothing against "aspies" (some folks terms, not mine), in general, just those who use it to excuse their idiocy.

superluser

OK.  One more comment.

Kaskar has been around for a while, now.  people *have* pointed out, in unsubtle ways (1, 2, 3, 4) that he's been grating on people.  If he were capable of changing, he'd have changed by now.  I don't think he's going to stop posting useless crap anytime soon, and so I don't think that this will be settled to Netrogo's satisfaction unless Kaskar gets permabanned.  And since he hasn't been permabanned yet, it's not likely that he's going to be permabanned anytime soon.

And so I don't think that this thread could have ever accomplished anything.  So why not just relax and go with it?  You won't risk having a coronary, that way.

(and others are right.  There are many others much, much worse than Kaskar out there.  I know.  I've encountered them.)

Quote from: Charlie the UnicornThat doesn't look like love to me, and FilmCow DMFA is about LOVE, Mr. McDoesn'tLove <:C>

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Turnsky

Quote from: superluser on July 12, 2007, 03:01:16 PM

And so I don't think that this thread could have ever accomplished anything.  So why not just relax and go with it?  You won't risk having a coronary, that way.

nah, my comic's more likely to keep me up at night than anything else.  :U

Aridas

I think everyone's been pissed off at him at least once.

xHaZxMaTx

Nah, I don't normally venture into the areas of the forum he seems to be in most of the time, so I don't have to deal with his supposed idiocy.

Hey Net, you should consider yourself lucky you weren't around the same time as Leafar/God Beast. :>

Roureem Egas

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on July 12, 2007, 05:23:11 PM
Nah, I don't normally venture into the areas of the forum he seems to be in most of the time, so I don't have to deal with his supposed idiocy.

Hey Net, you should consider yourself lucky you weren't around the same time as Leafar/God Beast. :>

Damn Brazilians. :< [/rascistmoment]

DarkAudit

Quote from: Roureem Egas on July 12, 2007, 10:04:59 PM
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on July 12, 2007, 05:23:11 PM

Damn Brazilians. :< [/rascistmoment]

I usually say that around World Cup time, after the US or England have been bounced out yet again.  :<
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Aridas

I don't like brazilians because the ones you tend to meet online are more often than not of poor character :<

RJ

Hm, now how long until this gets put into the Mine?  :)

techmaster-glitch

Well, with everyone knocking your home, RJ (I think) Probably right as you start chucking nuke-muffins left and right in squirrely fury. :)

Reese Tora

Quote from: RJ on July 12, 2007, 11:45:47 PM
Hm, now how long until this gets put into the Mine?  :)

If we are starting a pool, I put 5 karma on Friday, 6am PDT
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Feroluce

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 12, 2007, 07:33:53 AM
Quote from: Feroluce on July 12, 2007, 05:59:52 AM

Hey! Get off me! ;-]

whoops, sorry ^^;; wrong corprate box ;-p

And ya. last time I was on the same forum as Net, he was a global Mod. Most of the time, people who irked him earned some rather interesting punishments. o.o; like this one guy who obsessed about putting his post count up, spammin the forums, and generally being an ass. Net combed the forum, and deleted his every post. Wow was that guy ticked when he next logged on to a zero post count. But I digress.

I would bet 5 karma for same time Saturday, but I dont have that much XD

Distracting

Quote from: Feroluce on July 13, 2007, 02:48:21 AM
Hahaha...now you do! >:3

Anyway, I laughed in this. I'm sure there's some movie quote that I could pull out to describe the subtle irony that I'm probably hallucinating, but I'm unwilling to spend that much time.

I put 5 karma (or however much I have) on 2:48 pm PDT on Sunday.

Feroluce

Quote from: HeroZero on July 13, 2007, 03:30:02 AM
Quote from: Feroluce on July 13, 2007, 02:48:21 AM
Hahaha...now you do! >:3

woot! ^____^ I will place that bet, then.

and Oh, kaskar? I think its kinda silly you took down your posts. Having said that, it's spelt "Obsolete" not "Obselete"  :rolleyes

Azraelle

Not that I'm supporting either side in this, but now we're raggin' on Kaskar for having bad spelling?

Welcome to the Internet.  Where English teachers weep.