Oh the stuff that comes out of Japan....

Started by Paladin Sheppard, June 12, 2007, 07:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin Sheppard

Well lets seee now...Anime...Tenticle p0rns....And crazy/insane gameshows! Like this one here!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bK63uSTTNs

Discus  >:3

Kenji

That looks... kinda fun. And seems like sometihng that should be on a wii game

Roureem Egas

That was awesome, Pal. Why doesn't anything in the West look that fun and weird? :<

Tapewolf

Brilliant.  Where on earth did you find that?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kenji

Oh for crying out...
Sorry to steer offtopic, but I could've sworn Tapewolf was Paladin commenting on his own post. Blasted avatars...

Zedd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEKqU1fkYCI This one is abit NSFW and you will find out why...But try saying these tounge twisters correctly...or ELSE!

Paladin Sheppard

Heh I did a random search and that is what I got...Played it 4 times now still laughing my ass off.

thegayhare

some of those seem impossible and the contestents seem to intent on matching them exactly.

like on the split one if you just sat down with your legs side by side you should fit, and diving forward should get you threw the jumping jack one

Toric

Another gameshow, Ninja Warrior, is truly the closest thing I have seen to a real-life Prince of Persia or Ninja Gaiden, minus the swordplay. This guy is awesome.
Yap by Silver.

xHaZxMaTx

Do you have to actually replicate the shape of the hole, or can yu just go through however?

More weird things from Japan:
I'm watching FLCL, right now, on TV-Links.  That's all that needs to be said. :erk
Oh, and the last two episodes (25 and 26) of Evangelion.  All I can say is 'what the fuck...'

King Of Hearts

he he, pretty good.

Try to find another old Japanese game show... Takeshi's Castle... it was very entertaining. My favorite is the game where they play Daruma, Daruma... and the contestants are wearing large Darumas and trying to walk an upward incline.

Blazehawk

Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 14, 2007, 02:52:41 AM
he he, pretty good.

Try to find another old Japanese game show... Takeshi's Castle... it was very entertaining. My favorite is the game where they play Daruma, Daruma... and the contestants are wearing large Darumas and trying to walk an upward incline.

They do a silly redub of it on Spike TV called MXC.  Kinda amusing, even if their commentary has little to do with the stuff they do on the show. :P

Taerkar

Quote from: Roureem Egas on June 12, 2007, 07:22:56 PM
That was awesome, Pal. Why doesn't anything in the West look that fun and weird? :<

Because 'reality' shows are stupidly cheap to make. And the network lawyers would drop enough bricks to build housing projects across the US.

lucas marcone

three words. bagtag from hell! oh that's so damn funny!

Feroluce

that was great ^^ it cracked me up. Crazy japanease indeed, although human tetris is actually a pretty neat idea. Just yeah, some of those positions looked downright crazy O.o;

FurrySurvey

Zina

Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 14, 2007, 02:52:41 AM
he he, pretty good.

They call that MXC here. It's completely re-dubbed, and doesn't follow the original script at ALL, which kind of makes it more entertaining. You kind of get the impression that they just made stuff up as they went along.
My favorite is the one where they have to run across a bunch of rocks, except some of them are fake and will sink if you step on them. People seem to hurt themselves so bad during that game. :V

bill

Yeah, jeez, Zina. Don't you know anything?  :rolleyes

xHaZxMaTx

And everyone's last name is Bobaganush.

Zina

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 15, 2007, 12:47:33 PM
Yeah, jeez, Zina. Don't you know anything?  :rolleyes
I know, I suck. The only course of action I have left is to kill myself. That way, I can never make a typo again.
BRB. :C

bill

Zina

lol ok. ^^

Haha, I was going to post a clip from Suicide Club(oh Japan), but then I realized that it is probably way to graphic. Just just imagine that I'm a bunch of Japanese girls and I just jumped in front of a train, ok? :V

bill

I know that clip. It ranked high on my Unintentional Humor Scale.

Zina

I refuse to believe Suicide Club was anything but hilarious.

Except maybe the part in the bowling alley with the J-rock guy. That was just upsetting.

Zedd

ANd onto letting people know..Other than ballslapping game...I think I seen where a person gets a question wrong they will get an ass in the face

Kryptic

I looked around after this... And I got such a kick out of this "Silent Library" game.

Basically, you pick the wrong card, you have a random, painful, punishment applied to you.

But you have to be quiet... it's in a library after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2R2IjmF4yE

Reese Tora

I am suddenly reminded of a candid camera type video clip I saw.  A recliner in a warm room (people enter dresses in towels, if that) has a button to turn on vibrate mode, but it really activates the chair and sends it rocketing down the snowy slope outside with the near naked victim still seated.

(also saw a variation that just dumped them outside and re-closed the wall)

I'll see if I can find the clips, I saw them on youtube.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Netrogo

I saw something similar to that Reese, only it was an port-a-potty that would suddenly count down then launch the person sitting on the can forward into public, or the walls would suddenly just fall away, or the best one the roof would pop off and the bottom of the thing would rais up displaying the person on a pedestal for all to see XD
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Zina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB0vWOaOjx0

Johnny Depp+Little Japanese girls dressed as pirates=I have no idea what it was I just watched.
I still liked it, though.