06/09/07, Abel's Story #92, Didn't Go Exactly as Planned

Started by Sunblink, June 08, 2007, 11:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azlan on June 11, 2007, 07:03:05 PM
Who is Keyser Soze?

That could either be a quote, or an honest question.  If it's an honest question it means you've missed one of the best films of the last 15 years  :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Who is Keyser Soze?

The character is in the film The Usual Suspects

If you don't mind spoilers, you can check Wikipedia for Keyser Soze.

Is this change satisfactory.  I feel you at least need to let him know what film he's missing.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

bill

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on June 11, 2007, 07:15:09 PM
Who is Keyser Soze?
Is this change satisfactory.  I feel you at least need to let him know what film he's missing.

Yeah, well I was waiting for him to reply first :P
How about setting it to the IMDB link for the Usual Suspects?

Netrogo

Quote from: kaskar on June 11, 2007, 02:03:35 AM
Quote from: Alondro on June 10, 2007, 03:56:39 PM

:rolleyes*Charline plays the emo Naruto music*  Abel's father killed his family, seeking to increase the power of his Sharingen...  :P

Cid was never Abel's father. Aniz, after killing Cid, shapeshifted himself to look like " Cid " . After 25 years, Aniz now sees that Abel has turned into ' (for the moment a rather inept), Cubi . His job as "Cid" is done. Now he can stretch his wings ...

( My apologies for any double meanings or unsequential quotes )

Cid wasn't mentioned in that post. Alondro said Abel's father, which IS Aniz, and I'm pretty sure she was hinting at the earlier speculation that Aniz is going to kill May.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

candide

Quote from: Turnsky on June 10, 2007, 01:04:57 PMkinda like the 'wendigo' (although references are hard to find), they're emo incarnate from what i remember, and like to feed off human flesh.
Odd... I always thought the windigo/wendigo was hunger incarnate...

Quote from: Azlan on June 10, 2007, 05:45:04 PMIt appears to be one of those points where, like the older generations, where an abusive or heavy handed father is finally challenged by the son.  This appears to be shaping up to be a serious smack-down for Abel.
Now, that would be the obvious expected reaction, wouldn't it?

But from what I've seen, Aniz hasn't exactly been behaving in a predictable, expected fashion.  So I'm fully expecting Aniz' reaction to be something I wouldn't have expected.

Whatever it turns out to be.  :D

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 11, 2007, 07:17:03 PMNo!  If he hasn't seen the film you'll spoil it for him  :erk

Heck, I haven't seen the Usual Suspects and *I* knew who Keyser Soze was.   :(

Yeah, I'll probably see it some day.  Truly good movies can't be spoiled.

(By the way, the girl in The Crying Game...)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Azlan

Oh, I quote... The Usual Suspects is well known to me.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

kaskar

Quote from: candide on June 11, 2007, 07:54:39 PM
But from what I've seen, Aniz hasn't exactly been behaving in a predictable, expected fashion.  So I'm fully expecting Aniz' reaction to be something I wouldn't have expected.

Whatever it turns out to be.  :D

:mowninja But what is Aniz's sane predictable, expected fashion ? As Aniz, we have to wait a few minutes to see how reacts in this situation, and what other characters will fly in.  When will Missus Soulseeker turn up. And what of our well known pink poodle ? Will Aniz be losing points for being mean ?( By the way, has Henna finished making the tea yet ? A good cup of tea can always calm down a situation ...         ( One more one liner bites the dust ... )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Turnsky

Quote from: kaskar on June 12, 2007, 02:32:04 AM
Quote from: candide on June 11, 2007, 07:54:39 PM
quote author=Turnsky link=topic=2931.msg123337#msg123337 date=1181495097]kinda like the 'wendigo' (although references are hard to find), they're emo incarnate from what i remember, and like to feed off human flesh.
Odd... I always thought the windigo/wendigo was hunger incarnate...

yeah, they are, but the human side can be wrought with grief and depression, there's variances to the theme, but most have the sapient side the more depressive, particularly over what their beastly side did.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on June 11, 2007, 11:02:02 PM
Heck, I haven't seen the Usual Suspects and *I* knew who Keyser Soze was.   :(
Yeah, I'll probably see it some day.  Truly good movies can't be spoiled.
I'd definitely recommend it.  It has a surprising amount of replay value.

Quote from: Azlan on June 11, 2007, 11:09:39 PM
Oh, I quote... The Usual Suspects is well known to me.
Good  :3

Quote from: kaskar on June 12, 2007, 02:32:04 AM
By the way, has Henna finished making the tea yet ?
The water's probably gone cold again by now.  If she lives, there might be quite a demand, particularly if the violent scene suddenly turns into a cosy little tea-party.  As for Fa'Lina, Aary reckons she never leaves the Academy so it's more likely that Aniz is going to bring Abel to her.

kaskar

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2007, 04:11:34 AM
As for Fa'Lina, Aary reckons she never leaves the Academy so it's more likely that Aniz is going to bring Abel to her.

:mowmeep However, it seems Abel is a bit stubborn at the moment, and would not cooperate in most things if forced. Whisking him to Saia is not an option, since he probably would set his mind in a non-cooperative mode there. Saia will be contacted, but what happens to him has yet to be seen ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

kaskar, have you -ever- considered editing your quotes? Even for a moment?

Or is it just something that other people do?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: kaskar on June 11, 2007, 02:03:35 AM
Cid was never Abel's father. Aniz, after killing Cid, shapeshifted himself to look like " Cid " . After 25 years, Aniz now sees that Abel has turned into ' (for the moment a rather inept), Cubi . His job as "Cid" is done. Now he can stretch his wings ...

I give a high likelyhood that Aniz is Abel's father, but I'm not going to commit to a 100% probability on that yet.  He's made comments about stuff "for the future", but he hasn't used language like "son" yet.  So Aniz could be the father, or he could have been a sit-in for another cubi who did the deed with May.  That said, it looks like Aniz took his kid gloves off in the last panel.  I hope the medical staff at SAIA are on duty...

[edited because I hit Enter too early]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on June 12, 2007, 07:56:38 AM
I give a high likelyhood that Aniz is Abel's father, but I'm not going to commit to a 100% probability on that yet.  He's made comments about stuff "for the future", but he hasn't used language like "son" yet.

It would explain the wings if he wasn't, but Aniz has got to be related to Abel's father in some way otherwise they wouldn't have the same clan marking.

kaskar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 12, 2007, 07:15:08 AM
kaskar, have you -ever- considered editing your quotes? Even for a moment?
Or is it just something that other people do?
( I will try ... )
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2007, 08:01:59 AM
Quote from: Shadowcatcher on June 12, 2007, 07:56:38 AM
I give a high likelyhood that Aniz is Abel's father, but I'm not going to commit to a 100% probability on that yet.  He's made comments about stuff "for the future", but he hasn't used language like "son" yet.

It would explain the wings if he wasn't, but Aniz has got to be related to Abel's father in some way otherwise they wouldn't have the same clan marking.
Since, (as in Abel's profile shows in the cast) , his Clan is fragmented to almost non - existance, I find that Aniz would probably be  Abel's father.

Netrogo

I think we're pretty clear in the fact that Abel was conceived after Cid's death. Just being around Aniz after being born wouldn't be enough to turn him into an Incubus. He'd have to be born that way which means he's the child of May and Aniz.

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2007, 04:11:34 AMAs for Fa'Lina, Aary reckons she never leaves the Academy so it's more likely that Aniz is going to bring Abel to her.
But Fa'Lina did leave the academy to pick up Dan.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on June 12, 2007, 09:52:52 AM
I think Dan was a very special case.  In any case, Aary was amazed at the time: ("She actually left the Academy???")

Aridas

That's because he didn't respond to the letter he got after aaryanna got him applied, and then the whole deal with the warp aci.

Sunblink

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 11, 2007, 07:19:45 PM
"Keaton (The Black Jackal) was Keyser Soze!"

They're on to me!  D:

*sets Wikipedia on fire and disposes of the evidence*

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Zedd

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2007, 08:01:59 AMIt would explain the wings if he wasn't, but Aniz has got to be related to Abel's father in some way otherwise they wouldn't have the same clan marking.

Unless it's not a real clan marking.

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2007, 09:56:49 AMI think Dan was a very special case.  In any case, Aary was amazed at the time: ("She actually left the Academy???")

She also left when Fi told her about the dragon and stayed long enough to meet up with Abel, but from everything we're heard, it sounds like those were unusual cases.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Netrogo

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 12, 2007, 12:27:07 PM

They're on to me!  D:

~Keaton the Black Jackal

You can set webpages on fire? WHY was I not informed???

Kenji

Quote from: Netrogo on June 12, 2007, 04:37:34 PM

They're on to me!  D:

~Keaton the Black Jackal

What do you think firewalls are for?  :paranoid

bill

Quote from: Netrogo on June 12, 2007, 04:37:34 PM

They're on to me!  D:

~Keaton the Black Jackal

You can set server banks on fire.  :B

Angel

OK, lemme get this straight.

PBH shares my love for creepy elegant sadists, Keaton has a wanted poster on Wikipedia (which means Google has one too - good luck, Keaton!), Abel went WWF on Aniz, who doesn't seem too displeased, and all this was because of Fa'Lina somehow.

:bemused and somewhat envious smirk

Damn, I wanna be evil.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 12, 2007, 09:56:49 AM
Quote from: Naldru on June 12, 2007, 09:52:52 AM
I think Dan was a very special case.  In any case, Aary was amazed at the time: ("She actually left the Academy???")

I have to agree.  Sometimes when the characters mock a situation, like when Aaryana said something about Fa'lina grabbing Dan because being a half breed cubi had world-affecting reprecussions if he wasn't contained properly -- or some junk, isn't some sort of foreshadowing.  Very seldome do I not scrutenize what the characters have to say.

And as for Abel and Aniz's relationship, they're definitely of the same clan.  But does being the same clean meaning that they're genetically related?  Like I said, I give a high probability that Aniz is Abel's father, but there's always an odd chance (and there really isn't anything I can think of that was brought up in Abel's story) that someone else is the father and Aniz was assigned to watch over Abel's development.  For all we know, Aniz might be a distant relative.  Since we're all thinking Aniz is his daddy, it would be worthy of Amber's "Plot Twist Dance".

I guess we'll see what happens next episode.  I suspect Abel's going to get the crud beat out of him much like Aaryana did after he de'dressu'd her.  How far Aniz goes may be somewhat telling of how the two really are related and whatever degree of attachment Aniz has for Abel. (of course, child abuse is a reality, so using that as a baseline might not be valid.)

Remember Aniz has a million ways he can choose to subdue Abel.  He could get physically violent, or he can emotion jam him into submission.  We saw how Abel used it to incapicate Dan with laughter.  Imagine what a more sinister mind could do with the defenseless.