Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC) [PG/14] - Open - New players welcome!

Started by Ryudo Lee, June 07, 2007, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcalane

Ryudo Lee

That reminds me of something funny.  Around here we always see a Denny's next to a La Quinta Inn.  And whenever we would drive by one, my mom would always point it out and say "Hey, you know what La Quinta means?  It means 'next to Denny's'."

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

techmaster-glitch

Halo reference! :U :U :U
Next thing we know, we'll be calling the big Mister by the name of Foehammer!

Arcalane

Or Exo will depart from here and come back flying a dropship with a tank, talking about housecalls and mottos. :B

"Rebellion Vehicle Acquisition and Deployment - you know our motto; WE DELIVER!"

techmaster-glitch

Paladin Sheppard

Sorry about my lack of posts guys I've just not been able to come up with anything creative. And to be honest my mood hasn't been the best. SO I'm going to take a small break I still want to be in the RP I'm just taped out atm. Sorry.

Ryudo feel free to auto Victor, thank you.

Tapewolf

Tech, as I mentioned, I'm going to be away until monday.  I should have some access but I won't be able to manage Dorcan for anything that requires full control, e.g. a full confrontation with the Brotherhood.  Think you could hang fire on entering the shed for a day or so?
I'd particularly like to be in control if things turn ugly because there's something I'd like to try  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

techmaster-glitch

Just a note, and I can't say it IC because I realized that Jexx wouldn't know; Communications jammers work by flooding their area of effect with junk data on all frequencies and channels, basically, they set up a deliberate interfearance field. But if something has a power level that exceeds that of the interfearance, it could punch through. If Gerald sets up a general jammer, that would definately overpower the mood-control chips, and while, OOC, Ryudo probably won't let that have any ill effect, IC, the characters don't know that. What Gerald will need to do is figure out what frequencies the Brotherhood operates their standard communiations on, then set up the interfearence in that range only.

techmaster-glitch

Dorcan looked back, suddenly regretting his decision to go with Jexx.  "No," he said reluctantly.
"I could probably help design or modify something, but your worlds technology and component standards are probably too different to mine for me to help just yet.  I'd have to get up to speed, and that would slow the others down."
Who are you talking to, Tape? I don't remember anyone saying anything to you. And particularly,
Dorcan looked back, suddenly regretting his decision to go with Jexx.
What's that about?

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 30, 2007, 12:28:47 PM
Who are you talking to, Tape? I don't remember anyone saying anything to you. And particularly,

Sally.  I assumed it was a public broadcast, since as you so rightly say, Jexx is totally non-technical while Dorcan is.
As I have mentioned, Dorcan's role in this game was intended as a problem-solver and technician.  Now that Sally is asking for people to help solve a technical problem, he is torn.  But ultimately decides that it's better to go with Jexx.

techmaster-glitch

Ah. Got it.
That and Gerald probably has it covered anyway :P

Tapewolf

Is Dorcan now just outside the shed?  It's a little difficult to describe where you're leading him since you know and I don't :P

techmaster-glitch

No, we both just entered the town. And don't worry, I'm not planning on leading you bthrough every street, I'm gonna do a copout after your next post. Everyone else advances a bit, then the next time I post, we both will be at the the shed.

Tapewolf

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5rq9iEME3Kg

Actually this is a better example, as they manage to screw things up gloriously:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VTSlmOnMO0w

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Catffeinated on July 30, 2007, 06:27:33 PM
<10 Megabytes says either she's taken or he fails.>
<Your on!>

HAHAHA! Gambling between AIs! Who would've thought? That was a good one, Caff!

Catffeinated

Thanks, I've had that in my mind a long time, and it's finally out

Arcalane

Only 10MB? Lightweights!

Also, "you're", not "your". ;)

techmaster-glitch

Yeah, it should probably be Gigabytes, at least. :P

Catffeinated

Well, remember, the hard drive's in Gerald's head...

techmaster-glitch

And it will have to have enough space to hold two AIs, which most definately aren't small (virtually speaking). Even though the technological advances in Ryudo's world will be able to hold many times more bytes of RAM in smaller spaces than ouir world, that's still quite a feat.

Ryudo Lee

Well AI programs probably wouldn't be all that big at their core.  But their data stores, that would be a different story.  I'm thinking that, unless he's got some kind of external storage specifically for them, then the RAM (would it be RAM?) in his head would be counted in terabytes.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 01, 2007, 09:22:15 AM
Well AI programs probably wouldn't be all that big at their core.  But their data stores, that would be a different story.  I'm thinking that, unless he's got some kind of external storage specifically for them, then the RAM (would it be RAM?) in his head would be counted in terabytes.
It might not be RAM in the conventional sense.  Unless the AIs are sentient software (which I'm not sure I believe in) or running some kind of physical modelling algorithm (which seems likely)  it might be more of a neuron pool than digital storage as we know it.

I was going to ask something related to the Zealots, but I can't remember what it was  :B

Ryudo Lee

Speaking of the zealots, I'm hoping that you guys are noticing a pattern between the zealots and enforcers...

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on August 02, 2007, 07:07:36 AM
"Come on Romeo, Let's get back to the hospital.  You can call her tomorrow let a good Boyfriend should" says the Doctor as she steels Josh to the van.... Giggles "Oooo She must see something in you. To give you her phone number..  Gerald run this number for an address, if you can withoutbeing traced."

She wrote the address down too, PBH.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on August 01, 2007, 12:40:39 PM
Speaking of the zealots, I'm hoping that you guys are noticing a pattern between the zealots and enforcers...
Ummm, the enforcers shout the orders, then lazy about while the zealots do all the work? :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 02, 2007, 11:04:55 AM
Ummm, the enforcers shout the orders, then lazy about while the zealots do all the work? :B

The enforcers seem to be somewhat less human in terms of their reactions?  Not surprising since I'd guess they're enforcers are more heavily augmented.  The enforcers don't speak much.

I've remembered my question, but since it impacts what Dorcan is liable to do, it might be better to ask it in-character.

Azlan

Morgan is one of those fast, brutally efficient assassin types... he was taught and practices a very efficient martial arts derivative desiged to be quick, offensive and sufficiently defensive to defend against skilled fighters.  It borrows from all forms and includes a lot of mixing with other physical skills and training to round out is potential...

Then add in the fact that he can lift and support fire a 20mm cannon in his arms accurately and with the equivalent of turret mounted stability (meaning or this that he is exceptionally strong for what he appears to be).

I was really busy yesterday, otherwise I would have posted sooner.  Sorry ^_^'''
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

Are we allowed to take the guys out in a single move?  I mean, yeah, we're in a position to do that realistically, but is it acceptable to the GM?

Azlan

Please note that I reworded my 'action' to better reflect that the move was an attempt... I was just illustrating, explaining somewhat graphically what he needed to do and how it should go down...

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"