Take a Chance... (cover added 6-2-07)

Started by GabrielsThoughts, May 31, 2007, 03:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

Honestly, I'd leave the fish out completely, and just do Megan looking out the window looking contemplative.  Or, take a frame from the comic.

One of my biggest pet peeves with books is when they have the whole story one the front cover.  It's like movies that put all the good parts in a trailer.  It's annoying.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Damaris

Oh, I like that.

Simple is always better, in my opinion.  But it has to be a little pretty (which this is) because I totally judge books by their covers.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

superluser

Quote from: Damaris on June 03, 2007, 12:29:07 AMOne of my biggest pet peeves with books is when they have the whole story one the front cover.  It's like movies that put all the good parts in a trailer.  It's annoying.

Don't ever watch the trailer for The Graduate.  It ends with Dustin Hoffman driving and then screaming something.

Anyways, the fish appears on page 2, so I don't think it's giving too much away.

I do like the simple cover.

A suggestion.  It almost looks like a typewritten manuscript with all the Courier, but slanting the title breaks that illusion.

Your version looks great, but you might consider either keeping the title level to make it look more like a manuscript, or changing the font for the title to make it look less similar.

As I say, your simple version looks great, and you shouldn't feel like you have to monkey with it, but it's something to think about.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?