2007-05-18 Ouch (Abel 90)

Started by superluser, May 18, 2007, 01:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valynth

Quote from: Kenji on June 06, 2007, 07:43:33 PM

Must be something in the water.

So THATS why the bathroom is always clogged.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Netrogo

Quote from: Netrogo on June 06, 2007, 07:39:45 PM
What is with guys on this forum and having effeminate names?!? :erk :U

Yeah, like estrogen :erk
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Are you drinking the water around here, Netrogo? I thought we warned you about that...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 06, 2007, 08:05:41 PM
Are you drinking the water around here, Netrogo? I thought we warned you about that...

Acctually I warned him about the water from Mexico....  Personally the water helps keep me from flying into a testosterone induced rage...  *guzzles from his gallon water jug*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Naldru

Quote from: Netrogo on June 06, 2007, 07:39:45 PM
What is with guys on this forum and having effeminate names?!? :erk :U

I really hadn't thought of Naldru as conveying information of any sort  I picked it as a random combination of syllables.  I took a look at some lists of names and there does seem to be a trend of feminine first names ending in vowel sounds while masculine names tend to end in either vowels or consonants.  I suppose ending a name in t or d would have a strong masculine feeling while ending it with a, e, or i would have a relatively strong feminine feeling, at least to someone used to Anglo-Saxon names.  I view Naldru as rhyming with Andrew, and Andrew would certainly be viewed as a masculine name.

Different languages would have different rules.  For example, my understanding is that Japanese would view the ending ko (A-ko, B-ko, C-ko) as feminine and the ending ku (Goku) as masculine.  Spanish and French have still another set of patterns.

I remember something about a psychological study some years ago where the subjects were given random syllables and asked to rank them on a feminine/masculine scale.  I can't remember the details but there was something about words that sounded rougher being viewed as masculine.

I should warn you that there is a danger in asking rhetorical questions of engineers.  They tend to give logical and serious answers even if the question is illogical.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on June 06, 2007, 09:59:28 PM
I should warn you that there is a danger in asking rhetorical questions of engineers.  They tend to give logical and serious answers even if the question is illogical.

... that's a problem?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Quote from: Naldru on June 06, 2007, 05:27:35 PM
If you are attempting to mock me, I would think that the exchange

And now we know
And knowing is half the battle

from that other group of Rambo Wanna-be's, GI Joe, would have a more satiric effect than mentioning the The More You Know (http://themoreyouknow.com) series from NBC.  I have no objection to insults and satire, but I would hope for a higher level of erudition and perspicacity in your future taunts.
And you're fat.

Netami

Aridas

Did he say phat? I think he said phat :<