[2007-5-14] Abel's story #88: All I want is...You!

Started by Distracting, May 14, 2007, 12:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: Zedd on May 14, 2007, 05:48:56 AM
Dont forget the being leather wallets ;)

ah yes..

and not forgetting the screams of torment, and textbooks that're able to eat your face off..

and the faculty that's scary... and the sadistic school medic.

(on another note, i think Amber needs to take a break or something, she's clearly going even further off the deep end than usual  :P )

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

sanasawa

Quote from: Violet Dusk on May 14, 2007, 05:43:45 AM
Meanwhile, poor Mae's heart is clearly breaking...  :cry

yeah, it looks like she was nothing but a farm

Swift-Skink

Quote from: Turnsky on May 14, 2007, 05:53:02 AM
Quote from: Zedd on May 14, 2007, 05:48:56 AM
Dont forget the being leather wallets ;)

ah yes..

and not forgetting the screams of torment, and textbooks that're able to eat your face off..

and the faculty that's scary... and the sadistic school medic.

Espeicially Home Economics... *Shivers*

Well, it took about five minutes for May's life to shatter... Oh poor May :[.

Goatmon

Quote from: Violet Dusk on May 14, 2007, 05:43:45 AM
Meanwhile, poor Mae's heart is clearly breaking...  :cry

How right you are.  With all the attention on Abel it's easy to forget that May's lover has been dead for over 20 years.  Beyond that, she's been living (and presumably sleeping) with a half demon all this time.  This goes beyond heartbreak.  She may well never recover from this ordeal.    :cry

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 14, 2007, 01:22:00 AMYeah.  You kind of are.

Kind of?  From what you've said, I'm completely, totally, and utterly wrong.

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 14, 2007, 01:22:00 AMIn Aary's case, her headwings came in around her late teens...which is considered really early for Cubi.  But keep in mind Aary has two Cubi parents and was likely raised in her Clan's community...so she was more than likely prepping to be all the Cubi she can be.

See, that's what got me.  Everybody we've seen gets their headwings at around age 25, and Destania seems to have told Alexsi to expect Dan's headwings sometime in his mid-twenties.

That gave me the impression that all `cubi get their headwings in their mid-twenties (which, from what you're saying, seems to be more or less usual), and then that implies that if Aary were accepted early, she would not have had her headwings.

But if Aary went through cuberty early, then that pretty much eliminates any support for the theory that SAIA would have accepted Abel, making me the aforementioned completely, totally, and utterly wrong.

(P.S. Edward Johnston rocks!)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

multani82

yes but your assuming that the SAIA even know abel is a cubi as of yet. They probably dont even know of Abel still and are ignorant of his heritage. Now I Know most will say well what about aary, but aary had TWO cubi parents who enrolled her. Dan is a cubi as well and not even SAIA knew of him until he was forcefully enlisted at age 25. Most likely two things will happen.
1)after this ordeal someone will enroll him perhaps into SAIA college
2)Kria will have enrolled him seeing as how she saw him a cubi.

Tapewolf

Quote from: multani82 on May 14, 2007, 08:09:06 AM
yes but your assuming that the SAIA even know abel is a cubi as of yet.

I think Superluser was actually saying that Aniz should have offed May as soon as Abel first opened his eyes, and put him into Fa'Lina's care before he could even crawl.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

multani82

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 14, 2007, 08:15:04 AM

I think Superluser was actually saying that Aniz should have offed May as soon as Abel first opened his eyes, and put him into Fa'Lina's care before he could even crawl.
but then we're also assuming that Aniz even WANTS abel to go to  SAIA academy. In my opinion, he doesn't seem like the person who would send his son off to the academy and more like the person who wishes to train his son HIMSELF.

Tapewolf

[Reads the strip again]
Sweet.  The Beings have invented vinyl records.  Or shellac...

rt

"What do I want .."
"Abel .. I choose you!"

*dives for cover*

Also .. Boo for Bizaro Amber updates!  :mowhappy

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 14, 2007, 08:15:04 AM

Aniz probably needed to wait until Abel demonstrated more cubi traits then just his backwings.  Remember Destinia told Alexia to watch Dan for 'signs', which could be interpreted in any number of ways I suppose; my interpretation is that Dan's cubi status was not ascertainable until more obvious expressions of it manifested. 

But if a cubi is non detectable for what it is until it comes of age, that's a very useful survival feature in the dangerous world that Farrae can be (honestly, walking across the street runs the risk of getting stepped on or worse.)  It lets babycubi hide among the population until they've matured enough.

rabid_fox

This reminds me of my father and I, except without the whole...murderous deceit and violence thing. There's a wicked slice of ice in the humour here that I am loving.

That said, Dad did used to tell me that he was five aliens in a human shell conducting intergalactic experiments on me when I was asleep. Good times!

Also, how much does Hennya wish she'd stayed at home tonight?

Oh dear.

rabid_fox

On a rapid review, May is heart-breakingly pathos-inducing in that first panel.

Oh dear.

Alondro

*Bizzarro Charline*  Me R think Aniz want to give family candy cuz he R nice cubi, like me R.

*Bizzarro Charles*  Bizzarro Charline R stoopid!  Aniz want to kill them and eat they brainz, like me want do!  Rar!  *gnaws on Bizzarro Charline*   :zombiekun2
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Magic

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 14, 2007, 05:06:08 AM
Hmm.  Beating up May is a really good way to get Abel on his side...

This is assuming Abel has a choice. He lacks his three hundred years in SAIA, currently.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on May 14, 2007, 11:26:31 AM
*Bizzarro Charles*  Bizzarro Charline R stoopid!  Aniz want to kill them and eat they brainz, like me want do!  Rar!  *gnaws on Bizzarro Charline*   :zombiekun2
I can see I'm going to have to add 'crossbow' to my AC packing list.

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 14, 2007, 11:21:05 AM
On a rapid review, May is heart-breakingly pathos-inducing in that first panel.
Doesn't seem to do it for me unfortunately.  Her current condition makes it look a bit like she has no nose, an effect Amber sometimes uses for distant shots or comedy moments.  So looking at in one way makes me want to laugh, even though I realise that her life is falling apart.

Quote from: Ink on May 14, 2007, 11:40:00 AM
This is assuming Abel has a choice. He lacks his three hundred years in SAIA, currently.
Notwithstanding the emotion-jamming trick, Abel is not going to be on his father's side.
He might not be able to prevent whatever Aniz wants to do, but by beating up May, Aniz is ensuring that Abel will have to be brought in under duress.  If he'd played this differently, Abel might have come willingly.

Magic

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 14, 2007, 11:44:42 AM
Quote from: Ink on May 14, 2007, 11:40:00 AM
Notwithstanding the emotion-jamming trick, Abel is not going to be on his father's side.
He might not be able to prevent whatever Aniz wants to do, but by beating up May, Aniz is ensuring that Abel will have to be brought in under duress.  If he'd played this differently, Abel might have come willingly.

I quote:

"It's better that he resents me for not giving him a choice than resenting himself for a choice he does make."
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

rabid_fox

What's struck me is that for the first time, May looks old. It could be Aniz dropping the aged Cid guise, or just the slumped shoulders, but she looks beaten (as in defeated). There's something about seeing a character looking broken by circumstance that cuts me. Like when Robin Williams devestates you with a sad smile. Or that bit in "The Truman Show" where Jim touches the wall. Goosebumps just thinking about that.

Oh dear.

Magic

Back to what I came to this thread for.

Aniz: "Veni, mi fili. Veni, mi fili.
Hic veni, da mihi mortem iterum."

keru

Onnnnnnlyyy YOUUUUUUU. And you alone. Can thrill me like you do. And fill my heart with love for only you!!!

Now for the motive and reasoning. Muahaha and the rage!! bring on the rage!!!

Zaon

hmm I see a possible Aniz/Abel Fight... not a very long one mind you... like as long as the Dan/Fa'Lina fight

superluser

Quote from: multani82 on May 14, 2007, 08:19:18 AMbut then we're also assuming that Aniz even WANTS abel to go to  SAIA academy.

I'm not!  The point that I had been trying to make was that Aniz would have already trundled him off.  But then Amber pointed out that I didn't have any reason to think this.

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 14, 2007, 08:33:48 AMThe Beings have invented vinyl records.  Or shellac...

It saddens me to think that in a few years, people will not understand what sounding like a broken record refers to.  It also saddens me to think that quite a few of you here, now have probably never seen/used a typewriter.
:oldman

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on May 14, 2007, 10:07:57 AMAniz probably needed to wait until Abel demonstrated more cubi traits then just his backwings.  Remember Destinia told Alexia to watch Dan for 'signs', which could be interpreted in any number of ways I suppose; my interpretation is that Dan's cubi status was not ascertainable until more obvious expressions of it manifested.

It sounds like Dee knew.  But, as I've said in the past, she didn't make any effort to tell SAIA about him, which is odd.

Quote from: Ink on May 14, 2007, 11:47:58 AMI quote:

"It's better that he resents me for not giving him a choice than resenting himself for a choice he does make."

I've mentioned this before.  Arguing against myself, that really only works if there's a good cop for Aniz to play off of.  If Aniz sends him to Fa'Lina, that would work, but if he intends to train Abel himself, Aniz may find himself playing rock, paper, skull.

Quote from: Ink on May 14, 2007, 11:58:09 AMAniz: "Veni, mi fili. Veni, mi fili.
Hic veni, da mihi mortem iterum."

I doubt Aniz wants Abel to kill him.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

rabid_fox

Maybe...just maybe...on an outside chance....Aniz has been looking for another Cubi to pass his tailoring skills onto. Which would explain his love for the shirt that he hasn't backwing-ripped...

Yes. It all makes perfect sense now. And it's canon!

Oh dear.

Amber Williams

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 14, 2007, 12:23:49 PM
Which would explain his love for the shirt that he hasn't backwing-ripped...

It is true Aniz really likes that shirt...

rabid_fox

And why wouldn't he? He does look dapper in it.

Oh dear.

Mwa

My first reaction was Eee! Cute! :D
Actually
I lie.
My first reaction was "Eh? What is Amber talking about?", but my first reaction apon reading the comic was Eee! :P
Oh, and if I understood the rant correctly, we're having Abel Story updates this week?

Prof B Hunnydew

Yes Yes It seems Amber or Oh ah Bizaroo AmBer has switched the updates times and numbers for DMFA and Abel story ... So that, we may get the end of the Abel's storyline, soooner.  Maybe by the end of the week. 

Me, I think Amber is just delaying telling Mab's Fae story again....."Fae Castles are really really tough to draw.."

but Only Fluffy knows for sure.

Great Job amber
:mowmeep
PBH

multani82

I can see a whole fashion line created by Aniz...FABULOUS!  :mowhappy