Governator: THIS! IS! CALIFORNIAAAAA!

Started by Vidar, May 12, 2007, 05:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on May 15, 2007, 11:32:21 AM
we put 2 or 3 of them in an arena, give them whiffle bats, and tell them the last one conscious gets their prison sentence reduced. the proceeds from televising this will go to pay for their prison term.

I love that idea!  We can combine it with the second by having RJ be the ref/announcer.(since it's a deathmatch, the Ref doesn't really have much to do besides say "Oh, is everyone else unconscious?  We have a winner!")

Now THAT's a Celebrity Deathmatch.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Evil Richter on May 15, 2007, 12:52:01 PM
Even with all the training and skillz of a top-notch actor, I'd work for as little as 200,000 a year.  We just need to stop overpaying them.

Then, the atheletes.

Finally, we raise the pay of teachers and cops.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Brunhidden

really, when a celebrety has five mansions the size of a country club and is also considered to donate a great deal to charities...im thinking the charities are their pocket change.

and as far as the raising the wages of teachers and cops- over half the money collected by taxes is used to fund the tax system. a man named forbez ran for president proposing we have a tax form the size of a postcard, everyone would pay 7% of their earnings unless they were below a certain income. if you check the results of our current stacks of tax forms just about everyone actually pays 7% unless they're below that income level. essentially you can simplify the tax system to slash the number of people needed to run it....i say make them teachers and police officers, or at the very least make them do the paperwork so REAL police officers don't have to sit in an office all day.

and the reason i said give the celebrities whiffle bats is because it'll take them about a half hour to an hour of painful whacking before anyone goes down.  this is a form of "ha ha, jokes on you losers. next time itll be a pillow fight to the death"

QuoteThe race is long, and in the end it is only with yourself
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Kenji

Quote from: Evil Richter on May 15, 2007, 12:52:01 PM
Even with all the training and skillz of a top-notch actor, I'd work for as little as 200,000 a year.  We just need to stop overpaying them.

Then, the atheletes.

Well, the reason that celebrities and athletes make so much money is, in part, because they bring -in- so much money. The athletes bring in millions upon millions upon millions, so they get paid as such. Same as most celebrities. Teachers and cops don't bring in millions upon millions, they teach at a standard school oriented pay.

It sucks majorly, but it's just how things are. :/

Brunhidden

however police and teachers are a major investment in the future. the education our children get directly impacts the economy when they enter the job market- do you think bill gates would have changed the world how he did if he wasn't a complete nerd? imagine if he got half the education. and the police are drastically undervalued, crime disrupts everything. the value of a persons life cannot really be given, and the idea of a cop is more effective then the violence of a cop. we need enough police around that you SEE them, because its the little policeman in your head telling you that your being watched that stops most of the petty crime...and not just speeding, you need them in places they can actually catch people.

yeah, if everyones worried about money they should put it into the teachers and the cops, watch the economy grow as you have educated people who are not afraid to walk the streets at night.

QuoteThe following celebrities are still at large. If you see a celebrity consider them armed and dangerous.

Reese Tora

Gates is probably not the best example, since he was a bity of a prodigy, and he went to a private primary school with a tuition 3 times that of Harvard.

I would rather point to academics such as Linus Torvalds, who were regular people with regular education (and completed college)

Anyway, I agree that a quality education is important.
Law enforcement is also very important.

Both teachers and police are becoming more and more scarce.  They may begin to see the higher salaries that they deserve, if only due to the increase in demand for good teachers and decrease in supply.
Or, they're becoming more and more scarce here in southern California, anyway.  Atleast we havn't started teaching that pi is exactly 3 in our classrooms yet. :B

(PS, sorry for making this like linux vs. windows, Linus was teh first academic that popped into my head.)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Aridas

I'm just wondering why natural selection hasn't taken over yet.

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 16, 2007, 06:35:42 AM
I'm just wondering why natural selection hasn't taken over yet.

What, you didn't get the memo?  It was phased out about a decade or so back.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Brunhidden

the alternate theory is that its slowly dividing the human race into several sub races.

supermodels- they have the intelligence of cats, someday soon we shall breed them for home sale, neutering is optional

nerds- our nocturnal rulers, while supplying us with technology they shall also sneak into our homes at night to steal our pizza and women

dwarves- uh, they're short

hillbillies/rednecks- im actually pretty sure this ones already a pretty distinct sub race

actors- while they have lost the ability to acquire food and often bump into walls they are able to aquire an entourage of barristas to provide for them. without this entorage they die, the correct term for this relationship is 'symbiotic' and not 'parasitic'

barristas- the armies of servants who make sure everyone else does not die. they dont all serve coffee, but thats the portion that is most often seen by the wealthy, whom the barristas feed off of for sustenance

there will probably also be a category for people who are really dumb and ugly, distinguishing them from both the supermodels and the nerds who are one or the other but not both, but im not sure if they will be labeled 'goblins' or 'trolls'

QuoteLet no man imagine that he has no influence. Whoever he may be, and wherever he may be placed, the man who thinks becomes a light and a power.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on May 16, 2007, 12:18:00 PM
there will probably also be a category for people who are really dumb and ugly, distinguishing them from both the supermodels and the nerds who are one or the other but not both, but im not sure if they will be labeled 'goblins' or 'trolls'

If this post is an example, I'd say "troll" :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 16, 2007, 12:22:48 PM
If this post is an example, I'd say "troll" :-]

my stupidity is not in question here, if you want something that easy go find a barrel of fish to shoot.

QuoteEvery day I am surprised I am able to dress myself properly.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on May 16, 2007, 12:36:49 PM
my stupidity is not in question here, if you want something that easy go find a barrel of fish to shoot.

Aww. You're no fun. :-[

(Besides, I thought the whole forum was my private barrel? ;-] )
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears