Anyone got a salad dressing recipe?

Started by Aridas, May 16, 2007, 02:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

I can't believe i'm asking this, but since it's apparent that there are some people who have some idea what they're doing in the cooking area, I might have a decent chance. Sooo, here's my problem:

I used to be (and still am) a fan of zesty italian dressing from kraft, but in recent years it's been tasting kinda just vinegary to me, and that's no good. So anyone got a recipe for some zesty italian that still remains decently watery (I like a dressing that will spread itself) but still has a kick that isn't solely because of the vinegar taste?

Now excuse me while I go get my head examined.

Knight

This is just random, and I may be a sicko, but adding a bit of melted margarine to the Kraft italian may make it a little less vinegary and watery.

thegayhare

I'll poke threw my recipies

I don't know how zesty it is but I know I have one from school

I'll have to scale it down some since the volume is set to make it in quarts

Brunhidden

Ive been looking around for whatever salad dressing olive garden uses, but the selection of Italian dressings is so broad i have no clue which one it is, or if its a cocktail of several dressings...

QuoteNot only are you anal, but you are anal about things most people have never even heard of
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Swift-Skink

This is a bit off-topic, because I know nothing of cookery. But if you don't mind me asking TGH, are you a professional cook? You seem quite knowledgable in lore of the kitchen?