Out of interest - what do we all do?

Started by rabid_fox, May 02, 2007, 04:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabid_fox

After a semester of Descartes methodic doubt I decided that if I stepped out on a motorway that the articulated lorry hitting me at 70mph was proof enough that it existed, even if, on an intellectual level, I could say "Hey, lorry, you're not real."

Oh dear.

Brunhidden

"i am not, therefore i am" is slightly flawed pholosophy, and it would be pretty hard to present your findings.

other fun ones are
"i do therefore i am"
"i shop therefore i am"
"The evidence of existence is existence itself"
"im not dead yet"
"pain lets me know i'm alive"

QuoteDidn't you get enough quotes already?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"I don't think so", said Rene. Just then, he vanished...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jigsaw Forte

I'm a third-year computer science major. I poke at computers and type in things that make them do cool stuff.

Right now, though, I'm just sitting around and trying to make something amazing.

Slavkei

www.nvrinc.com

I work at one of 6 construction yards that churns out the frames of those.

GabrielsThoughts

I'm a second year college student, my goal is to earn a Bachelor of Science in Visual Media Digital Cinema.

I used to be in charge of a game room as a recreation assistant II  for the city of Henderson.

My duties included:
     Maintaining, repairing,  and cleaning the ping-pong table, bumper pool tables,Billiards table,  air Hockey table,  re-organizing the Game sets [ finding and replacing missing peices from othello, chess, mancalla, checkers, etc.], watching over nasty little vampires, helping them with their homework, and staring in amazement at how a television turns them into motionless zombies when "sponge bob square pants" begins...shivers.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ITOS

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on May 05, 2007, 11:48:04 PMand staring in amazement at how a television turns them into motionless zombies when "sponge bob square pants" begins...shivers.

Gyah! >:O I can't stand that show. Can someone explain to me why it's so popular? I really don't understand.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Zedd

Quote from: ITOS on May 07, 2007, 03:20:56 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on May 05, 2007, 11:48:04 PMand staring in amazement at how a television turns them into motionless zombies when "sponge bob square pants" begins...shivers.

Gyah! >:O I can't stand that show. Can someone explain to me why it's so popular? I really don't understand.

Maybe its a sponge who sends brainwaves from the show that slowly kills people and tricks them to buy all the merchandice

ITOS

Quote from: Zedd on May 07, 2007, 03:33:05 PM
Maybe its a sponge who sends brainwaves from the show that slowly kills people and tricks them to buy all the merchandice

*puts on tinfoil hat*
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Angel

Junior in high school. Applied for a job at a kennel recently, and I petsit and babysit around my neighborhood. I'm also a member of my state's Children's Chorus.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Shadrok

It's probably the same reason they like Barney.

Zedd

Quote from: ITOS on May 07, 2007, 03:43:52 PM
Quote from: Zedd on May 07, 2007, 03:33:05 PM

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Arent you made of metal anyhow?

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Black_angel on May 07, 2007, 05:33:40 PM
Junior in high school. Applied for a job at a kennel recently, and I petsit and babysit around my neighborhood. I'm also a member of my state's Children's Chorus.

My sister got $800 to watch someones dog for eight hours...I wish I could get that kind of job.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

King Of Hearts

Currently a struggling Full time Law student.

Though Im getting a job next month as a call center agent.