The Kangaroo Rat that Roared ...

Started by kaskar, April 14, 2007, 04:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaskar

Out of curiosity, who did the picture of a DVD cover of Jyrras in Dune ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Gildedtongue

Ummm, me, in MSPaint, in about 45 minutes.

Yeah, I know it sucks.

ShiningShadow

I like it it's very good if amber put those lines in Jyrass to say them I will be LMAO.

superluser

Quote from: Gildedtongue on April 16, 2007, 12:30:01 PMUmmm, me, in MSPaint, in about 45 minutes.

That's extremely good for MSPaint.  Heck, that's passable GIMP work.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

kaskar

Out of curiousity, was that cover made from the normal DVD of Dune, or the 3 Hour Extended edition ?

Gildedtongue

Erm, thanks SL.

As for the edition?  No clue, just went to Google, searched "Dune" and clicked "Images" and took the first one I came across.

kaskar

I wonder if Amber will now turn up setting Jyrras in a sand landscape with Wiku-Sand worms around ...

kaskar

Please ignore this, accidental post ...

superluser

Quote from: kaskar on April 21, 2007, 06:05:35 AMMaybe have Wildy write it .

Oh!  I know!  Have the book be about a dessert planet, where the freedmenmen drink the mind altering substance `beer' as they worshi[ the elusive giant pretzel.  Unfortunately, the beer is being harvested for NOAMCHOMSKY...

Well, National Lampoon thought it was funny.

Damaris

No. Double. Posting.

Edit your last post.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

kaskar, that means you.

pay attention.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

Quote from: kaskar on April 21, 2007, 06:05:35 AM
                              Maybe have Wildy write it . Have the First Book ....

DUNE  - A Place Beyond your Dreams.
                                                 A Movie Beyond your Imagination

And the Second book ...

DUNE -   The Dark Side Returns

Etc,,,  Wildy can do a simple writing of a Science Fiction Soap ......

bill

Aridas

They said edit, not quote. You seem to be capable of using the edit button but incapable of using it properly...

Rythak

I dont see what the big ol beef is here for yall so the comment isnt in PERFECT order BIG WHOOP! Its like he goes and reposts and to try to be nice and auctually listen to what ya said and you just blow it up in his face. POSTING ORDER WILL NOT KILL YOU!! Dang some people get worked up over the smallest things... Its clear where the post is supposed to be but instead of using something that is meant to imply stupidity such as...
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 22, 2007, 08:50:15 AM
They said edit, not quote. You seem to be capable of using the edit button but incapable of using it properly...
you could have said...
"Just a hint for next time instead of reposting you should just edit your first comment ^_^"
Ya feel me?

kaskar

What is a Double Posting ? If you look at where I supposedly did a double posting, the time difference between the two posts was over some four days. I was merely looking in the page again . A bit can tic over in four days in ones head . What do you suggest I should have done ?

superluser

Quote from: Rythak on April 23, 2007, 05:13:13 AMI dont see what the big ol beef is here for yall so the comment isnt in PERFECT order BIG WHOOP!

Well, a few of the admins can be kind of jerks about everything.  We like them that way.  If you want Bill to be nice, be prepared to wait.  Ozymandias will come and go again before that happens.

Quote from: kaskar on April 23, 2007, 05:36:15 AMWhat is a Double Posting ? If you look at where I supposedly did a double posting, the time difference between the two posts was over some four days. I was merely looking in the page again . A bit can tic over in four days in ones head . What do you suggest I should have done ?

Edit your last post.

You're not supposed to post in reply to your old post.  It's a basic method to keep people from keeping a thread on life support that no one else cares about.  I'm not necessarily saying that no one cares about this thread, but in general.

I want to be a part of the forum community, which means at least scanning the recent threads.  If there's one thread that winds up being just one guy talking to himself, I'm going to get annoyed.

Perhaps it's time to add a rule explicitly banning double posting?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on April 23, 2007, 06:24:19 AM
Perhaps it's time to add a rule explicitly banning double posting?

We'll think about it, and see if we can come up with something suitably flexible.

Quote from: Rythak on April 23, 2007, 05:13:13 AM
I dont see what the big ol beef is here for yall so the comment isnt in PERFECT order BIG WHOOP! Its like he goes and reposts and to try to be nice and auctually listen to what ya said and you just blow it up in his face. POSTING ORDER WILL NOT KILL YOU!! Dang some people get worked up over the smallest things... Its clear where the post is supposed to be but instead of using something that is meant to imply stupidity such as...
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 22, 2007, 08:50:15 AM
you could have said...
"Just a hint for next time instead of reposting you should just edit your first comment ^_^"
Ya feel me?

We could. We've found that we (the admins) get ignored that way. We prefer to be explicit, and precise, and not-very-subtle-at-all, because it means we don't get misunderstandings.

With some people, who have repeatedly shown themselves capable of understanding subtle direction, we're subtle.

In kaskars place, we've been through the subtle nudges, several times, and he hasn't paid a blind bit of notice to something on the order of, if I remember correctly, 4 or 5 gentle "suggestions". So we're being blunt, because he's reached the stage where we stop being gentle, and start being blunt. After that, we stop caring, and start banning.

After all, it's not like we're being -paid- to keep up with all the posts that you guys put in here, are we? Hmmm?

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 23, 2007, 06:54:22 AMWe'll think about it, and see if we can come up with something suitably flexible.

How about something like, ``We don't want to make a rule against double posting, but, like anything else, we reserve the right to ban you if you do it too much or too annoyingly. [insert exceptions (such as Tower of Art in your own art threads, right?) here]''

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: Rythak on April 23, 2007, 05:13:13 AM
I don't see what the problem is my good chaps.  Even though the comment isn't in perfect order I find that to be a trivial problem.  The poor bloke goes and reposts and attempts to nice and actually comprehend what you are saying.  Sadly it appears as if you just can't deal with his mental deficiency.  Double posting is a minor problem, spelling and using nonsensical words is much worse.  Ahaha, well I guess some people get worked up over the smallest things... It's clear where and what the post is supposed to be because I speak fluent retardese.

FIXED :D

Damaris

*sigh*  I don't understand the English difficulty with the current crop of new posters.  What are they teaching kids in schools?

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Kasarn

Quote from: Damaris on April 23, 2007, 10:41:03 AM
*sigh*  I don't understand the English difficulty with the current crop of new posters.  What are they teaching kids in schools?

MySpace and GaiaOnline :rolleyes
Neopets is probably the major offender. Especially when it comes to understanding that forums are usually slow and that quadruple posting is a bad thing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Damaris on April 23, 2007, 10:41:03 AM

A comparison of age and origins would be interesting.  I must admit that at first I assumed it was an influx of people for whom English was a second language, but that would seem not to be the case.

Perhaps it is something that comes in waves, or perhaps it's just a natural tendency to spot the problem cases more than the normal ones.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ShiningShadow

Well in any case ship them off to SCHOOL! to teach them proper english.

*Bleah*  I can't stand dangling participles *Double Bleah* >:3

Aridas

*ships ShiningShadow off to school*

superluser

Quote from: Damaris on April 23, 2007, 10:41:03 AM*sigh*  I don't understand the English difficulty with the current crop of new posters.  What are they teaching kids in schools?

I blame IM and text messaging.  When I write, I take the time to revise what I have written.  With IM, you don't have time to revise, so you wind up using poor grammar, and the volume of text messaging simply reinforces it.

It's dangerous to use English alone.  Take this.

Rythak

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 23, 2007, 11:15:31 AM
Perhaps it is something that comes in waves, or perhaps it's just a natural tendency to spot the problem cases more than the normal ones.
It looks like we share an opinion on the September That Never Ended as applied to forums like these...   :rolleyes

(Link goes to The Jargon File.)
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Which reminds me...

Mon Sep 4983 23:52:00 BST 1993

I knew I should have apt-get installed sdate earlier. Perhaps I should see if I can adjust the forum to use that time format... :-]

kaskar

It seems even in dmfa, that Jyrras is becoming a more dominant character. Seems that Dan is too much involved in playing with Abel, that Mab needs a new Adventurer to play with . Is it a case of move over Dan, come forth, adventurer Jy-Jy !!  (  Then again , it was just going on a hiking adventure, but to Mab, she always wants someone to play with ... )

This time though,  Jy - Jy will probably be fighting off the killer mows, while Pip Grrrs ... on , and Azlan with Pyroduck, make smart cracks  on how he should do it with real style, and how  they are supervising jy-jy in the fine art of being a warrior . I wonder If the Amazon outfit from #04 turn up, even though Jy-Jy does not have the same traits as Dan .

Is this the time to wait and watch him in his finest hour, our will he be Smothered in a bad case of " cute " ? Of course, we we have to remember that Mab has a hammerlock on Jy's throat to go on adventure ...     Killer Mab now ?