Started by Mashi, April 07, 2007, 01:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kenji

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 10, 2007, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: kaskar on April 10, 2007, 08:25:08 AM
          You appeared ! May be you could enlighten us ?

Eh? Considering your statement has just left me in the dark...

Keep an eye on your sunshine. Someone might be plotting to snatch it...

Amber Williams

Not my sunshine! It keeps me happy when skies are grey! D:

Vidar

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 10, 2007, 05:32:53 PM

Curse you, Amber Williams-Panyko! Now I have that damn song in my head.  :mowsad
As punishment, I expect an update when I wake up in the morning!  :V
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Zedd

I thought she had eternal sunshine with a spotless mind :U

Nino

Hey, Cid or May could either be a Cubi and not know it. Their parents may have cut off their wings as a kid and since the marking and headwings don't come in unless you use magic, it could be possible =P

Anyway, Cid has those things on his wrist that the shadowy figure did who was talking to Kria, didn't he? Meh, I'm all out of ideas.

Aurawyn

Quote from: Kattuccino on April 10, 2007, 07:41:10 PM
Anyway, Cid has those things on his wrist that the shadowy figure did who was talking to Kria, didn't he? Meh, I'm all out of ideas.

Oooh.. I just noticed that too.. hes got the same roundy looking this on his wrist as the shadow figure in 67.. The plot thickens perhaps?

superluser

Quote from: Aurawyn on April 10, 2007, 09:45:11 PMOooh.. I just noticed that too.. hes got the same roundy looking this on his wrist as the shadow figure in 67.. The plot thickens perhaps?

So did Devin.  And the creature had a thumb and two fingers, while we only see three fingers (and presumably a thumb) for Cid.  Unless he lost one between 16 and now.

Also...

QuoteYou are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

You told me once, dear
You really loved me
And no one else could come between
But now you've left me
And love another
You have shattered all my dreams

That song's creeped me out ever since I learned all of its lyrics.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

LoneHowler

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 09, 2007, 02:17:38 AM
Quote from: LoneHowler on April 09, 2007, 01:58:51 AM
I agree with kaskar and the eye patch is a "Patch" which he is about to remove to show his own wings 

:shapeshifters

My theory is shape shifting takes lots of energy and concentration  and it would be easy to get something wrong like the length of the scar or which side of the face it is on. or perhaps it may be impossible to maintain when you are sleeping or get knocked uncontentious  so a patch is a easy solution and we have seen other cubi use it, recently use it in fact Kria's scull pendant http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_67.php
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Reese Tora

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 11, 2007, 03:53:36 AM
I agree with kaskar and the eye patch is a "Patch" which he is about to remove to show his own wings 

My theory is shape shifting takes lots of energy and concentration  and it would be easy to get something wrong like the length of the scar or which side of the face it is on. or perhaps it may be impossible to maintain when you are sleeping or get knocked uncontentious  so a patch is a easy solution and we have seen other cubi use it, recently use it in fact Kria's scull pendant http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_67.php

Kria's a demon, not a Cubi.  Demons do not appear to have an inate shapeshifting ability outside of the evolution of Amber's art skills.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Vidar on April 10, 2007, 05:44:06 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on April 10, 2007, 05:32:53 PM

Curse you, Amber Williams-Panyko! Now I have that damn song in my head.  :mowsad
As punishment, I expect an update when I wake up in the morning!  :V

You are my sunshine
Hug-hugga-wug-wugga
My only sunshine
Hug!
You make me happy
Wug!
When skies are
Hug-Wug!
grey, you'll never
Hug-hugga-wug-hugga!
know dear....

... The Muppets rawk. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShiningShadow

Cid could be a Cubi? hmmmmmmmmmmm that possibility could hold true but he's an adventurer and he knows this kind of stuff in his travels or maybe he is a full fledge, card carrying Cubi.

The plot thickens eh?

Turnsky

that eyepatch could hide an empty eye socket, too.

that said, if there were anything magical about that eyepatch it wouldn't be something as fragile as a bit of leather with some string attached, what about what's -behind- the eyepatch, for example, i find it amusing you guys haven't looked down that road, so to speak.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Faerie Alex

Ooh...Maybe he's hiding a sharingan under the eyepatch. :3

But if it was magical, couldn't the magic make it stronger? (e.g. It would look and feel like leather, but have the strength of a strong metal.)
Jeez I need to update this thing.

ShiningShadow

I think its a magical talisman on the glass eye he covers ok that I'm speculating you have a problem with that!!!!!!! >:3.

kaskar

Remember that Cid has a long scar underneath his patch . If we made a 1 to 1 comparison between the two, they would come rather close to equal length . A young Cubi would not even think of kiding his marks because he would not know them for what they were . If Cid was a Cubi , he would hide the fact well , even down to putting his clan marking under a patch . The mark is the same , just relocated to a different point . His eye , pass it off as an old scarred eye, not fully workable and a patch used for peoples comfort .
8) Just Hanging Around ...

LoneHowler

Quote from: Turnsky on April 11, 2007, 12:33:46 PM

that eyepatch could hide an empty eye socket, too.

that said, if there were anything magical about that eyepatch it wouldn't be something as fragile as a bit of leather with some string attached, what about what's -behind- the eyepatch, for example, i find it amusing you guys haven't looked down that road, so to speak.

my bad for getting demon and cubi mixed up

oh and for flimsy patches remember Azlan's headband? http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_240.php
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)