Previous topic - Next topic

Kasarn

Surely you have found a copy of The Lusty Argonian Maid? :P

If you haven't...
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tamriel:Books/Lusty_Argonian_Maid,_The

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kasarn on May 09, 2007, 04:36:41 AM
Surely you have found a copy of The Lusty Argonian Maid? :P
Duh.  How could I have forgotten that?  I've been lugging that bloody book all over the place because I couldn't get the actor to take it off me.  I eventually left it in Ahnassi's fireplace.

Does he actually go for humans, though?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kasarn

I assume so. I only ever put a serious effort into my 2 Khajit and Argonian characters but that wiki doesn't mention that he does anything differently.

If you're after a real difference (or something), Mistress Dratha, the Telvanni Councillor, hates men.

Ryudo Lee

Yeah he's just into males regardless of race.  I'm not sure what he'd do if you were female.  Possibly just want to be girlfriends. :P

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Blazehawk

I don't remember him hitting on me...then again, pious women of Kyne don't care for such things.  :P

Kasarn

It's exactly the same if you are a female, except that you don't need a 100 disposition in order to give him a kiss.

It's just the gay factor that squicks straight guys.

Tapewolf

This whole 'Temple Outlaw' thing isn't really panning out.  The only noticeable effect so far is that the woman who usually tells you to get stuffed when you warp into Vivec is now actually frightened rather than simply obnoxious.

Rather than arresting me on sight as advertised, the Ordinators actually seem to have a higher opinion of me than they did when the game began, even though I've killed at least six of them for being rude to me, left their naked bodies lying around in full view and sold their armour off at Caldera.  Are things going to get more exciting when I've got all three houses and some more tribes behind me?  >:3

Blazehawk

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 09, 2007, 08:07:32 PM
Rather than arresting me on sight as advertised, the Ordinators actually seem to have a higher opinion of me than they did when the game began, even though I've killed at least six of them for being rude to me, left their naked bodies lying around in full view and sold their armour off at Caldera.  Are things going to get more exciting when I've got all three houses and some more tribes behind me?  >:3

Maybe you put the fear of one or more gods into them with the beatings?  >:3
Oh, and if I remember correctly, you are supposed to only fully belong (with full faction benefits and all) to one house at a time, not counting the approvals you need for the main quest from all 3 houses.  There is a bug to get around that though, if you didn't know. Just thought I'd mention it.  :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Qeniheru on May 09, 2007, 09:48:48 PM
Maybe you put the fear of one or more gods into them with the beatings?  >:3

It's not so much 'beatings', as 'harvesting'.  (And it's times like this when I'm reminded just how watered-down Johan Cross is compared to my actual activities in various games  :erk)

QuoteOh, and if I remember correctly, you are supposed to only fully belong (with full faction benefits and all) to one house at a time, not counting the approvals you need for the main quest from all 3 houses.  There is a bug to get around that though, if you didn't know. Just thought I'd mention it.  :)

I didn't know there was a bug/exploit, but at the moment I'm not interested in joining the houses as such - I'm just concentrating on the main quest, doing other things like freeing slaves and abolishing farmers.

Does the game end when you win, by the way, or are you free to happily carry on righting wrongs (and causing them)?

Kasarn

The game keeps on going. There's even a quest from Trebonius that can only be done after the main quest... kill all the Telvanni Councillors :O

You can also go to Ebonheart and teleport to Mournhold to start the Tribunal expansion.
Or you can catch a boat to Solstheim and do the Bloodmoon quests (actually, you can just swim/waterwalk/fly there if you want to... I did on one occasion :B ).

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kasarn on May 10, 2007, 04:44:18 AM
The game keeps on going. There's even a quest from Trebonius that can only be done after the main quest... kill all the Telvanni Councillors :O

I think Trebonius is a little indisposed at the moment.  That is to say he's been disposed of.  Lasted somewhere between five and seven seconds in the arena.

QuoteYou can also go to Ebonheart and teleport to Mournhold to start the Tribunal expansion.
That's kind of what I had in mind, to be honest.  If I install those on top, will it still work from the old data?  It should do, I guess, but just checking :P

Ryudo Lee

Yes, they will work with your save.  They rely on the Morrowind master data file so it's all compatible.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kasarn on May 09, 2007, 08:02:30 PM
It's just the gay factor that squicks straight guys.
There's one other factor.  After all, before I did the Ahnassi thing, I did my damndest to have Cat Dude hit on one of the male slaves on the Ules plantation (as well as the girl in Suran I might add).
While I admit that having Crassius call me 'pumpkin' and make comments about my build was faintly unnerving, I think what really made me go "???" was that he was trying to hit on a feline.

Anyway - Hungers.  I came across one a few days ago in Asthdhtjfvxncpibi or whatever the Daedric ruins next to the Urk..... camp are called (Props to Bethesda on the language design, but it makes it impossible to remember place names in this game.  They're just too weird.)

Whatever.  I came across a Hunger, and was unable to defeat it.  I had to turn tail and flee, because it was immune to magic attacks and unfortunately that's been my main strategy to date (For an Arch-Mage who challenged me to a duel to the death, Trebonius was a bit of a pleb if he couldn't even cast 'Cure Poison').

What do other people usually do with magic-proof foes?

Reese Tora

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 10, 2007, 02:22:40 PM
What do other people usually do with magic-proof foes?

When he comes around that corner, hit him with the rock!
(My way isn't very sportsman like.  :erk )

Seriously, my character, when I played, was a stealth/melee hybrid that used a spear.  I used my big bad-ass gloves of Giving me +40 strength (fists of randagulf, as I recall) to smack things around at close range.  There's not much that's immune to getting it's butt kicked... nothing if you have a silver, magic or daedric weapon >:3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

llearch n'n'daCorna

"I could kill you now."
"Frankly I think the odds are _slightly_ in your favour at hand-to-hand."
"It's not my fault being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Toric

So you've found something that's immune to all magic, as in frost, shock, fire, drain, and poison? Look into leveling up summoning. Summon some skeletons to take the thing down. Other than that, take your weapon of choice and maim, maim, kill. Unless you don't have a weapon of choice, in which case you'll really have to rely on summoning.
Yap by Silver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Toric on May 10, 2007, 05:37:33 PM
So you've found something that's immune to all magic, as in frost, shock, fire, drain, and poison?
Fire and Poison, certainly.  I don't remember if I tried drain, and I'm not that well-equipped with shock and frost goodies.  That is a good point though, and I'll try some more experiments next time I find one.  Summoning is another good trick.

I guess if the worst comes to the worst I can join the Fighter's Guild or something and snag some serious training.  I do have a couple of rather nice Daedric and other high-end swords on Ahnassi's dining-room table which I couldn't bring myself to part with.  (And also, because they might come in handy if I get stuck with something like a Hunger... or worse)

Ryudo Lee

Sometimes you just gotta go low-tech.  Is short blade one of your minor skills?  If so, you really should be working on that and keep a silver shortsword on you, in case of emergencies.  There's always a chance that your mighty ultimate longsword of firey/shocking/icy doom will either run out of charges or you'll come up against something that is so resistant that it does very little in terms of damage.

llearch n'n'daCorna

BTW, Ryudo, I like how some of the entries in the bar in your sig are deliberately blurred.

Guitar Hero and Windows Luser were the first ones that caught my eye.... :-]

Ryudo Lee

I can't help it.  Guitar Hero is a guilty pleasure and I can't get my hands on another OS that will play games as well as Windows.  So they're there, I'm just not particularly proud of them.

Back to Morrowind though... if all else fails, you can just work on your Hand-To-Hand skill, since that's a weapon that never really breaks like others do.

Tapewolf

Quote from: RyudoLee on May 11, 2007, 12:48:59 PM
I can't help it.  Guitar Hero is a guilty pleasure and I can't get my hands on another OS that will play games as well as Windows.  So they're there, I'm just not particularly proud of them.
I'd seriously like to run Morrowind without Windows.

QuoteBack to Morrowind though... if all else fails, you can just work on your Hand-To-Hand skill, since that's a weapon that never really breaks like others do.
One of Cat Dude's major skills is Longsword, but I discovered he was totally inept at this early on while trying to rescue whatsisface from the mating Kaghouti.  Heck, it was a major victory if he was the survivor in a battle against a passing rat.  I was appalled given that he's a full-grown cheetah.

Anyway, I finally discovered how to make magic work (having not read the manual through sheer pigheadedness) and roasted both Kaghouti.  From thereon the swords were basically decorative and I put all my effort into offensive spellcasting, mostly relying on Fire Bite and a souped-up version of it called "FireF__k" which I commissioned from one of the temples.  After that I found a bunch of kick-ass magical rings and I've been using those pretty much ever since...

Now, I forgot to upload this last night.  As part of my ongoing project to abolish slavery (or at least the people who practice it) I came across the slave trader in Tel Aruhn, and bought me a Khajiit who I promptly found just inside the tunnel.  I kind of regretted letting him go to be honest as a follower would have been handy.  I don't think that was quite what the game had in mind though, so I freed him.
Because I knew I wouldn't be able to remember which slaves I'd bought, I purchased all the remaining slaves in bulk.  When I went into the tunnel to fetch them, I was greeted by this hideous monstrosity:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/mw_slavemonster.jpg

Ryudo Lee

I yes, I did that one too.  In fact, if you purchase a slave, he/she will follow you around, though you can't make them carry anything nor can you arm them.  You buy them so you can free them and get them to tell you about Twin Lamps.

Tapewolf

Quote from: RyudoLee on May 11, 2007, 03:10:25 PM
In fact, if you purchase a slave, he/she will follow you around, though you can't make them carry anything nor can you arm them.
I figured he might have followed me around, but I'm pretty sure Almsivi Intervention or Recall would have left him behind.  From the experience with other NPCs in "take me to ...." quests, I'd also have to protect him from monsters and suchlike.

QuoteYou buy them so you can free them and get them to tell you about Twin Lamps.
Oh crap.

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 11, 2007, 03:22:35 PM
QuoteYou buy them so you can free them and get them to tell you about Twin Lamps.
Oh crap.
What did you do?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bought the lot and freed them, he said.
* llearch n'n'daCorna snickers, evilly, as usual...

Tapewolf

If they were going to say anything about the Twin Lamps business, it would have been obvious, wouldn't it?  A link on the dialogue menu on the front page or something?
That probably means I still haven't freed enough slaves beforehand.  Either way, I can't exactly go back and ask them because they've all fled.

The only thing I've heard about Twin Lamps was an offhand reference to it by Ms. Dren in Vivec.  She seemed to think I already knew about it  :rolleyes

Ryudo Lee

Ah good.  You need to free more slaves.  As you free more, they will start to ask you if you are with Twin Lamps, but then claim they don't know much about it.  Once they start saying that, then you can go to Ms. Dren and she'll start giving you quests... I think.  I never did get Twin Lamps to work.

Swift-Skink

Gotta love Morrowind. Still one of my top five games... At least I think it is, though there IS about 25 games that could be considered for it, Morrowind is the one I bring up the most in conversations...

Come to think of it, my name come's from Morrowind. It was a Morrowind forum I joined, and since my character at the time was Argonian, plus I like'd the Argonian naming fashion, it just sorta came together. Happy days.

I actully like'd collecting weaponry. Kept massive amounts of stuff in Cassius/ My apartment. Also really like'd the robes, would've like'd more styles to choose from though.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Swift-Skink on May 12, 2007, 10:20:44 AM
I actully like'd collecting weaponry. Kept massive amounts of stuff in Cassius/ My apartment. Also really like'd the robes, would've like'd more styles to choose from though.

How much cash did you accumulate?

Anyway, that Toxic Cloud ring never ceases to amaze me.  I've just used it to dispatch Lord Vivec in a random act of deicide.  The battle was highly amusing, because the ring didn't do much damage to him, which required several doses.
This was the fun part, because every time I got near him to give him a zap with the ring, he'd punch me, knocking Cat Dude out with a single blow.  The thing is he could also do this while Cat Dude was in mid-leap which meant that he'd fall unconscious in mid air and then his prone body would land and slide around the floor on his side.

The interview with Vivec was rather boring.  In the Sermons he's portrayed as a total lunatic who runs around doing weird things, often killing his own worshippers in a fit of pique.  Rather like me in fact.  So it was a disappointment to see him all serious and businesslike.

Blazehawk

Quote from: Swift-Skink on May 12, 2007, 10:20:44 AM

You too? I was a kleptomaniac when it came to weapons.  I was beginning to wonder if the guards in Balmora were going to come knock on my door to borrow stuff because of all the fun things I found.  :boogie I lived in a little shack on top of the hill next to the road, I stuck it there with the Construction Set.  :P

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 12, 2007, 02:58:01 PM
Anyway, that Toxic Cloud ring never ceases to amaze me.  I've just used it to dispatch Lord Vivec in a random act of deicide.  The battle was highly amusing, because the ring didn't do much damage to him, which required several doses.

I loved that thing. Dagoth Ur ate it with just a couple shots after doing all the stuff required to begin hurting him.   I also found it amusing for the quest for the Telvannni, the one you had to do for the really batty one I think...the one where you had to kill a group standing outside.  I just stood in the middle and they all fell stone dead. :3