Death Note!

Started by Alondro, March 15, 2007, 06:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

I've watched "Death Note" up to episode 9 so far, and I'm finding it very interesting!  Psychological battles of with involving the supernatural are often interesting, but have rarely been made with such cunning.  Indeed, Light (the main character) is of a delusional genius serial killer mindset... only he actually does have a god-like ability to control death. 

I have a theory as to his earlier, oddly foolish actions with the Death Notes (which are very strange when one considers the cleverness of his later ones) which involves some statements Ryuk (the shinigami who 'accidently' dropped the Death Note) made very early on. 

I've probably figured it all out, but that's only because it's just the type of toying game wicked ol Charline would play!  She's a cat, after all...  :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Roureem Egas

I've spoiled myself on the ending, which is fine with me since I started falling away from it in the second half of the series. In the beginning, it was fun to watch the massive battle of wits but once that part finished up, I didn't find the rest as funny. :/

Good series though.

Edit:minor typo

Zedd

I still need to see it all

Brunhidden

sometimes i feel sad that my TV does not actually receive transmission and does not alow me to...well...watch TV...

this is one of those times

and then i open my wifes copy of "people" magazine and see a full page ad for what appears to be a show about a vampire who solves crime.

and the desire to watch TV fades.

QuoteLogic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

LionHeart

Would the show be "Forever Knight"?

Because that's the only one I can think of, but that was some years ago...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

superluser

Quote from: LionHeart on March 16, 2007, 02:05:03 AMWould the show be "Forever Knight"?

Because that's the only one I can think of, but that was some years ago...

I do believe he's referring to Angel.  I'm so ashamed that I know that.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Valynth

Quote from: superluser on March 16, 2007, 02:08:39 AM
I do believe he's referring to Angel.  I'm so ashamed that I know that.

No, no, I'm the one who should be ashamed.  After all, I know Angel went arounding angsting for his soul and then went angsting because he HAD a soul.

I don't think he ever went around solving crimes.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Janus Whitefurr

L~  :love2

Though I've read the manga and know what happens and how it all ends, the anime is really nicely done.

Besides. L~ :love2
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

RJ

:3 Lucky me, I just got back from anime club and we watched the first two episodes. I haven't read the manga so my ideas about the whole series was seriously wrong.

<3

GabrielsThoughts

I remember reading the frst couple of comics on Toriyama's world back in '99, It has a TV show now?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.